Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,206 members, 7,880,760 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

Short Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Stories (784 Views)

My Islamic Short Stories / My Collection Of VERY Short Stories.....WRITTEN by JADOSKI / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
A LETTER TO MY BEST FRIEND
Justin lived with his family in Manhattan. He was the only child of his Parents. He was a very handsome boy with black hair and blue eyes. He was ten years old. He schooled in Mary Jane Junior High School and he was in his eighth grade.
Justin was very intelligent, nice and kind. He had a very close friend; Donna. They had been friends since their childhood days. Donna was the same age with Justin. She was an orphan and she lived with her Aunt in Manhattan. Her Aunt was a single woman who owned a small restaurant. Donna usually assisted her after school hours. She learnt a lot of cooking skills from her Aunt as well as how to run a business efficiently. Her Aunt was very nice to her and treated her like her own child.
Justin spent most of his time with Donna. He had other male friends but Donna was the closest to him. They were seatmates in class and they studied together during free periods. They both went to the library together and they had lunch together. Donna usually keep away from her fellow students. She never associated with them, except Justin. He was the only one that knew who she really was. She spoke to him freely and poured her emotions. She told him her biggest secret and took him as her biggest confidant.
During lunch, they would talk and eat together. They walked home together after school hours. Donna and Justin would paint together in his art workshop and she would bring food from her Aunt's restaurant.
The families knew each other very well. They both visited each other. Donna was no stranger in Justin's house and her Aunt took him like her own son too. They were too close to be inseparable.
Everything between them was very fine all until something happened which might never bring their relationship back together again. Justin did not stand for Donna when she needed him the most. She felt very betrayed and disheartened. It was what threw their relationship apart.
Justin and Donna walked to the Assembly hall together. She complained of having a headache and he gave her some aspirin that he always kept in his school bag.
They talked about the math test they wrote yesterday as they dropped their bags and stood their grounds in the Assembly hall with other students.
After assembly, the students walked back to their classes. Classes went on very well till Mrs. Williams; the science teacher entered the class. She had asked the students to come along with some money to purchase their graph book.
As she asked for the payment, students lined up to pay and get their graph books. It was when Linda began to scream.

...to be continued tomorrow
maryamnittywall..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Episode Two
Linda caught the whole class attention as she screamed to the top of her voice.
"My money is missing. Someone stole my money". Linda cried.
"Are you sure you took the money to school? Mrs. Walter inquired.
"Yes I did. It was meant for the graph book. Now it is missing all of a sudden". She insisted.
"Silly how people steal because they cannot be contented". Donna whispered to Justin.
"Okay students. You all have to be searched. I can't imagine what you gain by stealing." She said as all bags were pulled out to be thoroughly searched.
The bags were searched one by one and when it got to Donna's turn, she confidently dropped her bag for search.
Surprisingly, the money was brought out of her bag.
"That is the money". Linda yelled.
Mrs. Walter looked disappointed as she stared at Donna. "Why do you have to steal the money. You've paid for the graph book".
'I...I didn't steal it Ma. I really can't explain how it got to my bag". Donna cried unbelievably.
She turned over to Justin for support but there was a blank look on his face.
"Then how did it get to your bag?" Mrs. Walter asked.
"She's an orphan. Her Aunt's not rich. She stole the money". The class screamed.
Donna tried to hold back her tears but it was impossible. It filled her face in an instance. She cried as she thought of her classmates accusations. It was pointless trying to convince them that she didn't steal the money. They never trusted her anyway.
She had only her best friend. Someone who would stand by her even though the whole world was against her. Someone who would always trust her no matter what others claim about her. She had Justin.
She turned to him with a reassuring look. "You know I didn't steal the money right? I wonder how it got to my bag". She said as he frowned at her.
"What do you want me to believe. The money was found in your bag". he pressed his thin lips tightly together in frustration.
"But I didn't steal it!"
"Then answer this simple question. How the hell did it get to your bag?" Justin asked.
Donna gave up. No one was going to believe her...not even her best friend.
"Okay Mrs. Walter. You can give me whatever punishment for finding the money in my bag".
"I'll take you to the principal's office." Mrs. Walter said as they both set to leave the class.
Just then did Annabel, Linda's younger sister entered the class.
"Excuse me ma. I want to ask Linda if she saw the money I kept in her bag during assembly". she said innocently.
'You kept some money in her bag?"
"Yes ma".
"But Linda said the money is missing. Are you sure you kept it there?"
Annabel scratched her hair in confusion. "Yes. I kept it in this bag" she said pointing at Donna's bag.
"This is my bag". Donna retorted.
"Oh...I'm sorry. I probably kept it in the wrong bag. The bag looks so alike".
"It means that Donna didn't steal the money. It was accidently kept in her bag. You should all apologize to her because you have accused her falsely for what she knows nothing about". Mrs. Walter said as the class apologized.
Justin apologized to Donna but she ignored him. She felt betrayed and helpless. She kept to herself throughout the day and she never said a word to anyone. Not even Justin.
Re: Short Stories by Alennsar(f): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
eeeyah
Re: Short Stories by AlamienDagash(m): 1:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Following...
Re: Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Episode Three

Justin felt bad throughout the day. Not just because his best friend was mad at him, but because he had broken her heart. He had left her when she needed him the most. He was her best friend. He was meant to trust and protect her because of all they've shared together right from childhood.
Lectures sucked him. He hardly paid attention in class. He stared at Donna as she fixed her gaze to the board. He didn't know what he could do to compensate for what he had done.
After classes, Donna packed her books into her bags and set to leave. Justin was worried. They went home together everyday...but today was different. She didn't ask him if he was ready.
Justin cleared his throat. "I thought we could go home together since you're ready". he said nervously.
"Justin," she said as she carried her bag, "You betrayed me. We're no more friends. I thought you were better off than others and that was why I trusted you with my secrets. But I'm wrong. You're just like them. This is the end of our friendship. Don't you ever say a word to me again because nothing can change what has happened". She scoffed at him.
"I'm really sorry Donna". he muttered painfully.
"I hate you!!!" she yelled at him as she left the class.
Justin laid on his bed and cried bitterly. He had lost his best friend and he felt bad because he caused it all. He didn't trust Donna. He didn't stand by her when she needed him the most.
He knew that Donna was never going to talk to him or let him explain or apologize. Standing up, he walked over to his reading table where he took a piece of paper and pen. He was going to write to his best friend. He was going to tell her how hopeless it would be without her in his life. He wanted them to be together again. He wanted to see her happy.
I'm going to win her back. He thought to himself.
He started to write about their friendship, how inseparable they'd been and how angry he felt at himself for not believing her. He wrote about how life would be without her and how desperate he wanted them to be together again. How desperate he wanted things to change back to how it always was and how desperate he wanted to see that smile back to her lips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short Stories by Adefiery05(f): 9:23pm On May 01, 2017
nyc piece...
Re: Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 12:16pm On May 02, 2017
Episode Four
25 Trance Way.
Clutchwood Road.
Camberwell
Alabama.
Dear Donna,
I write to express my feeling about you. To tell you how important you are to me and how incomplete I feel without you.
I remember the first day I met you. You were new in the nursery class. The teacher said you moved to Manhattan but no one knew the reason why. I stared at your sad eyes and I wondered what could be wrong. You kept to yourself and you hardly said a word.
During lunch break, I caught you at the back of the class crying. You looked fragile and so much in pain that I couldn't figure out what could be wrong. Then I came close to you, to comfort you, to make you feel that whatever was bothering you would change in no time. You cried on my shoulder and that was when I knew what true pain felt. You told me you lost your Parents and had relocated to Manhattan to stay with your Aunt. I felt very bitter about that.
I walked you home that day and your Aunt was very glad that you finally found a friend. I tried to make you feel better. We sat together in class and we studied together. I instigated you to join the basketball and after so much pleas, you agreed.
You became different. You started to smile and believe in yourself again. We were the best of friends. Just like always, we were inseparable. I had other friends but your friendship was different. It was real, genuine and pure.
The day I'd never forget was when our classmates bullied you. I told them to their face that they should never talk back at you and that if they did, I'd get them reported to the school authorities. They called you an orphan and a loner. They said you have no one but me. We both sat in the field and I waited for you to pour out all your feelings. You cried for hours and all I did was fold my arms and watch you. I wanted you to feel better.
When you finally stopped crying, you looked me straight in the eyes. They were very red and swollen.
"Promise me that you'd always stand by me no matter what happens". she said softly.
"I promise". I assured her with so much confidence.
That was the foundation of our relationship and that was when we knew that we were inseparable.
Our friendship grew stronger for the next five years that even till now, people still mistaken us for twins.
Donna, I never meant to make you angry. I, like other students was surprised that the money was found in your bag. There was no evidence to prove otherwise and everyone laid claims on you. No one believed you and you knew that they would never do so. When you turned to me, I saw the understanding in your eyes. You knew if no one else did believe you, I would. You wanted me to fight for you just like I had done five years ago.
However, I disappointed you. I didn't believe you. I also blamed you for being a thief.
How could I have thought otherwise about you. I've never known you to steal, even at the most trying times. You preferred to starve of hunger instead of begging for life. You had this pride in you that I cherished a lot. Then why didn't I stand by you?
You know as they say, I think Satan was playing with my thought. Because when Annabel entered and explained the whole situation, I knew that I had lost my best friend. I knew you would never trust me again...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 9:54am On May 04, 2017
Episode Five (Finalle)
...Today, when you sat beside me without any greetings, I knew that things could change in an instance. We were still seatmates but we sat like strangers. You pretended like you didn't care about me. You did all things by yourself, but in your eyes was sadness. You walked alone and had lunch without me. It is very painful seeing you in such a state.
I tried to concentrate even with how difficult it was. Seeing you beside me and unable to say anything. You know, it wouldn't have been worse if we weren't seatmates but unfortunately, we are.
I understand everything Donna and I know that you are very right to get angry with me, but what about our friendship? It shouldn't just go down the drain like that. We should learn to forgive and let the past be past.
I visited your Aunt's place after school to see if I was wrong about everything. Maybe I'm just wasting my time writing this letter and maybe if I could explain everything to you, you would forgive me whole heartedly. But I was wrong. I met your Aunt in the living room. She looked very sober and I've never seen her that way before.
"I'm really sorry Justin but Donna doesn't want to see you". She said as I sighed in disappointment.
"Okay". I said as I started to leave.
"Wait Justin," Her Aunt cried, "Donna is not fine. She's worse than when she lost her Parents. She bawls all night ".
"I'm really sorry Aunt". I said as she hugged me.
I knew that I had broken your heart. I'm very sorry Donna. I'm sorry for making you unhappy and heartbroken. I want everything to come back to the way it was and I beg you. I beg you to forgive me for what I've done because I promise to never break your heart. As you read this letter, I sincerely hope you forgive me and make us best friends again.
Yours Sincerely,
Justin.

It was a week since Justin kept the letter in her bag and there was still no reply from her. He gave up on her. He gave up on everything. He accepted the fact that they would never be friends again.
He paced around the room and tried to forget about the wonderful girl who was once his best friend but he couldn't. Tears streamed down his face as he searched through his box for their friendship album. It was an album of the pictures they took together.
Maybe if I erase all pictures of her, I'll forget about her. He thought as he went through the pictures and memories of the past flashed through him. He was about to tear the pictures when he heard a knock on the door.
"Mom, not now". He screamed at the door.
To his utmost surprise, Donna entered the room with a white envelope in her hand. She was holding the letter he had written to her.
"Can I sit?" she asked nervously.
"Of course". he said as she sat beside him on the bed.
She cleared her throat. "Your letter is marvelous. I'll keep it in a safe place so that I can read it all over again". She smiled at him.
He felt a twinkling sensation in his stomach. It was long he saw that cute smile.
"Thanks". Justin commented.
"You're always welcomed". She replied.
There was an awkward silence between them as they both stared around the room nervously.
Donna looked into his eyes and he kept his gaze at her. "I've missed you so much best friend".
"I've missed you too". Justin said as he pulled her into a big hug.
Justin let the tears flow freely down his face. No one need to tell him that Donna was also crying. Her tears wet the shoulder of his shirt. The hug said it all. It meant that she had forgiven him, that they were going to be best friends again and that they would never try to hurt themselves anymore. It said that they were truly inseparable and their friendship was one that would last forever.
Justin and Donna became best friends again but he had a lot to learn from their crisis. He learnt to always trust his friend and to put himself as if he was in their condition. He also learnt to protect and stand by those who mean a lot to him. He learnt to never betray a dear friend and to learn ways to settle whatever dispute two friends could be having.
Justin and Donna were inseparable like before but they could never forget the impact of the letter because it said all about their friendship and how true and genuine it was.

THE END

Find more on maryamnittywall..com

1 Like

Re: Short Stories by mareeam802(f): 12:41pm On May 20, 2017
My Best Birthday (Short Story)
I rolled on my bamboo bed and closed my eyes, pretending I was asleep. It was my birthday and I felt very bad. I was still not chosen in the maiden dance which meant that I wouldn’t get married.
The maiden dance was used to seek husband. That was my sixth maiden dance and probably my last because I couldn’t afford to get disgraced again
“Remi, get up you lazy bones and fetch water”. My mother shouted from the living room.
“Mama, I’m having fever. I can’t go to the stream today”. It was a ploy to not go to the stream because the girls will use me as an object of ridicule.
“On your birthday? You have to manage so that I can prepare your favourite dish okay?”
“Oh…Mama…okay, I’m going”. I took the gourd and set to the stream. As I had imagined, the girls laughed immediately they saw me.
“Remi…Monster…the ugly girl who no man likes". They laughed and danced mockingly.
“Omowunmi the big teeth. I’m even better than you who is married to an epileptic husband. You better mind your business before I drag those big teeth of yours”.
“Eh! Are you talking to me?” She screamed and we started to fight as the girls cheered instead of separating us.
I tore her cloth and she broke my gourd.
“You broke my gourd? Ah! Mama will kill me”.
I forgot about the fight and left the stream in tears.
The village had decided to take me to the Coventry since I had no husband. I would be in another world, unable to see nature and the wonderful changes in the village.
I went into the woods just to get a last view of nature. I felt peaceful and still sober watching the green grasses and lovely trees dance in wonderful motion to the movement of the wind.
I cried till I could no more. It was getting dark and I didn’t notice the presence of a man watching me from behind.
“Are you done?” I heard the voice from behind and I was scared. I turned to see the presence of a very handsome man with very dark skin.
He was a member of the village and I recognized him well; a son to one of the chiefs and the one everyone adored and respected.
“You’re too beautiful to sit here and cry for a whole day. What’s wrong with you?” He walked toward me and sat, as I narrated my remorseful story to him.
He was deeply touched and I loved everything about him. He was the first person to tell me I was beautiful and who cared to listen to my funny story.
“Do you mind getting married this year?” he asked.
“That’s my biggest dream…but to whom?”
“To me”. He grinned and I gasped.
“I would love to”. I said happily.
Everything happened so sudden. My worst birthday turned out to be my best and I was going to the Coventry again. I was getting married to one of the most respected man in Ilu Elewe!

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't We Have A Nairaland Based Writing Competition / I'm Going To Kill Myself -lady Whose Lover Is About To Get Married Cries Out / Poem/Story Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.