Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,345 members, 7,881,278 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again (1894 Views)

Beware Of Fraudsters, We’re Not Recruiting – DSS Warns Job Seekers / Beware Of Fake Foreign Agencies That Promise Work Abroad. Disturbing Photos/Vid / Nigerian Army: Recruitment Into The Nigerian Army Is Free- Be Wary Of Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Amicable24: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2017
Good morning to you Nairaland famz.

It's a bright Thursday morning here in Ikeja, Lagos state and like every other working days, men have to work hard each day to earn some dough.
I woke up just like every other working day, washed myself, got dressed, said my morning prayers and zoomed off to the streets. Little did I know that some people from somewhere are planning something different for me grin grin

On getting to the office, I noticed someone sent me a text message.. After reading it, I just smiled sheepishly at whoever that sent it (some scammers are still learners sha). They used the old method of ''Hey, good morning.. It's me Henry Patrick. ur ex-copa mate in Kano state...'' bla bla bla. He wanted to get me a job in SHELL company (someone I didn't even know) and I wondered if he has helped all his family members and close friends before thinking of me (ndi ara) angry angry angry

I didn't even read it twice to confirm if it was a scam or not. I have come across such messages before now though. One good thing is that the scammer knew I was originally posted to Kano state but unfortunately for him, I never went to Kano state because we (2014/2015 batch B corps members) who were originally posted to Kano state were redeployed due to the insurgency in Kano state at that time (Other corps members who served that period can confirm this).

To the unemployed graduate, don't fall for this cheap scam except you are sure of the person who sent it to you.

May God help us all, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Amicable24: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2017
Cc: davide470, uboma
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Treasure17(m): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2017
that's true.. I received something like that yesterday
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by akdrealman(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Me I tired of all this wahala happening but there is a job available at 360-degree-habitat-limited You will have the capacity to oversee outside customers to guarantee designing requirements are clung to and inside concurred due dates.

You will likewise be assuming liability for managing Local Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agencies with a specific end goal to fulfill the numerous and boundless requirements to increase specialized endorsements. Apply today
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by dhantey324(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Someone I know lost 10k to these scammers.. Similar format. Everyone should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by ExAngel007(f): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
MUMU SCAMMER
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by 0955eb027(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yeah, i got a similar text sometimes last year.

Says there is aan ongoing recruitment at Shell in Port-hacourt.
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by vanida6: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thank u Op
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by olasaad(f): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
lol..me too

Gudmornin Victor , is me.okafor daniel .O. ur 2015 ex-copa mate in Ogun state, am working with Shell Oil Company in Rivers State branch, cal me now 4 details b/cos internal Recruitment is going on now. Is Urgent
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by BiafranBushBoy: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
I also got same... lol..

Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Amicable24: 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Instead of them to use that time in doing something good and resourceful, they choose to waste it in putting up an old trick in order to scam people..

May God pay them back in their own coins..
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by biuti(f): 1:03am On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by lereinter(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2017
dhantey324:
Someone I know lost 10k to these scammers.. Similar format. Everyone should be careful.

the person is a half baked graduate.. when am not jazzed why should i lose 10k for such
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by xxgig(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2017
Amicable24:

scammer. I got two of these messages 4 days after my POP. I can't fall for this, the person should try harder.
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Amicable24: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2017
xxgig:
scammer. I got two of these messages 4 days after my POP. I can't fall for this, the person should try harder.
The scammers are still learning.. This trick is stale and trashed.. I was even surprised it resurfaced now
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by dhantey324(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2017
lereinter:

the person is a half baked graduate.. when am not jazzed why should i lose 10k for such

It's more of desperacy to me and also lack of information. Knowledgeable people still fall to scams. Anyone can be a victim, though there are red lines to alert one when dealing with scammers.
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by barristerzinny(f): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2017
Amicable24:
I got the text this morning too
Re: Nairalanders, Beware Of Fraudsters. They Are At It Again by Amicable24: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2017
lereinter:

LOL @ half baked graduate

(1) (Reply)

Travelodge Is A Hotel Where You Will Work And Not Get Paid At The End Of Month. / Verification Office Needed Urgently / Recent Job Vacancies In A Well Established FMCG Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.