Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,822 members, 7,972,939 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:49 PM

Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? (662 Views)

Living A Life That Is Beyond Mediocrity / 15 Intellectual Quotes By Great People / Yahoo Yahoo: The Glorified Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by beejaei: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2010
RE: I Seriously Dislike Fl Gator, Busybodi, Michelin89 And Davidylan When They Post!

Since the initial thread by EshuKemi was locked, I decided to create an offshoot in a new thread. The OP may not have gone about the thread in the right manner, but he certainly has valid points. It is sickening to see the glorification some folks get here for being nothing more than dimwitted fanatics with acerbic tongues and warped logic. I would love to think that intellectuals that contribute something worthwhile should be regarded instead. Unfortunately, the reality in NL is that intellectual mediocrity reigns supreme, and its chief paragons definitely have many minions and attack-dogs ready to tear into "deviants" like me who dare to point out the appalling state of affairs. So, why is intellectual mediocrity disguised with vituperations glorified and supported on NL? Is this the best that Nigerians' can come up with?
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2010
beejaei:

RE: I Seriously Dislike Fl Gator, Busybodi, Michelin89 And Davidylan When They Post!

Since the initial thread by EshuKemi was locked, I decided to create an offshoot in a new thread. The OP may not have gone about the thread in the right manner, but he certainly has valid points. It is sickening to see the glorification some folks get here for being nothing more than dimwitted fanatics with acerbic tongues and warped logic. I would love to think that intellectuals that contribute something worthwhile should be regarded instead. Unfortunately, the reality in NL is that intellectual mediocrity reigns supreme, and its chief paragons definitely have many minions and attack-dogs ready to tear into "deviants" like me who dare to point out the appalling state of affairs. So, why is intellectual mediocrity disguised with vituperations glorified and supported on NL? Is this the best that Nigerians' can come up with?

You are right,dear friend.Right in the sense that NL has become all about who can attack,savage and insult the most.

Most other forums in other climes arent so.

I wonder why
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ahahahahhahahahhahah! They are back.

Please click on my sig and vote for me thanks! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2010
I don't know, it's a forum, people loosen up, lack of seriousness, it's all fun and games, there's work in the morning, might as well make the most of 'free' time.
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by chiogo(f): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
LOL Well, when you create threads which show you're lacking intellectually, what do you expect?

It gets tiring lecturing people online, sarcasm will suffice.  wink
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by beejaei: 1:50am On Jan 06, 2010
And the funny thing is these folks like chiogo and michelin89 cannot really see how shallow they really are.
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 06, 2010
You still get mouth to talk? grin grin
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by chiogo(f): 1:52am On Jan 06, 2010
lol
Re: Why Is Intellectual Mediocrity Glorified On Nairaland? by mamagee3(f): 1:53am On Jan 06, 2010
Why is this poster busting grammar? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Learnt On Nairaland? / Who Is The Most Naughty(rough) Lady/girl In Nairaland? / 46 Die In Csm Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.