Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,437 members, 7,937,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

Saraki And Co Killed My Move To Become Vice President, Tinubu Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki And Co Killed My Move To Become Vice President, Tinubu Reveals (338 Views)

Tinubu Reveals Cause Of APC Crisis, Sends Message To Oshiomhole, NWC Members / Buhari Ungrateful After I Spent N35 Billion To Make Him President- Tinubu / Why APC Wanted Lawan As Senate President - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Saraki And Co Killed My Move To Become Vice President, Tinubu Reveals by RipplesNigeria: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
A former governor of Lagos State and national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has revealed how Senate President Bukola Saraki, among others, truncated his (Tinubu’s) hope of being a Vice President in the present administration.
He made the revelation in a book titled, ‘Against the Run of Play – How an incumbent president was defeated in Nigeria,’ written by Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi.
In the book, Tinubu narrated events that led to how chieftains in the then newly formed party decided to cancel him out as a running mate to Buhari, which was against part of agreements reached when the party was being put together.
He stated that Saraki, other APC governors and senators led the charge to stop the pairing before the party’s presidential primary in Lagos.
The author narrated, that “With the former Kwara State governor, Senator Bukola Saraki leading the charge, APC governors and senators agreed to meet with Tinubu to convince him that a Muslim-Muslim ticket would not work.

Full details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/saraki-and-co-killed-my-move-to-become-vice-president-tinubu-reveals/
Re: Saraki And Co Killed My Move To Become Vice President, Tinubu Reveals by Mynd44: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2017

(1)

Obaseki Lauds Buhari Over Welfare Of Idps-bnn / Change Begin With You / To Boost Economy, Edo To Launch Gis-guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.