Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,708 members, 7,941,700 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. (812 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by debra: 1:53am On Jan 06, 2010
Hey guys, i need help. My kids ages 3 yrs and 20 months will be visiting Nigeria soon from the states. What specific meds would you recommend. My doc here prescribed malarone, but i hear it has some pretty bad side effects. I don't want to spend my vacation dealing with side effects. We already took the yellow fever vaccine. Now i am stomped on what antimalaria meds to take. Help
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2010
@POSTER
Are u claiming ur child is an "Ajebutta" and cannot survive in her father land witout vaccines or medications abi? Na wa 4 una sef, Nothing go do am aftall we get children 4 naija wey stil d survive. LOL
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2010
Tamita:

@POSTER
Are u claiming your child is an "Ajebutta" and cannot survive in her father land witout vaccines or medications abi? Na wa 4 una sef, Nothing go do am aftall we get children 4 naija wey stil d survive. LOL

That is a very silly comment Tamita, if u got no clue at all what change of environment can do to an adult let alone a child please read up b4 u post.

USA weather condition is not the same with that of Nigeria. Any decent parent will do what the post is doing now.
When i visited Nigeria in 2008 after 10yrs away i lasted only 4days then it hits me, runing stomach, vomitting for a week, all cos i failed to get some medication here b4 going.
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2010
justwise:

That is a very silly comment Tamita, if u got no clue at all what change of environment can do to an adult let alone a child please read up b4 u post.

It is not a silly comment jare, it is an ignorant one
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by ayomifull(f): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
When i took my 4+ yrs old kids to Nigeria 2 years ago i was going to get vaccines for them, i actually got the drugs but when i read the side effects i threw them away. When we got to Lagos i took them to Hospital for same and the doc told me to let them be and just watch out for any sign of ailment. Funny enough i fell sick the next day but these guys who were visiting Nigeria for the first time did not for once fall sick. We caught them once drinking gari with someone who was using 'pure water' i was scared to death but nothing happended.
A day before we left we took them for blood test as advised by the dr just in case there is any sign of whatever but the test came clean and none of them has fallen sick until now.
I know it cant be same for all kids but then take them to a good hospital for advise as soon as you get home and above all pray, it works fine, pls dont take those prescription if you dont feel like.
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by redsky1: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
Tamita:

@POSTER
Are u claiming your child is an "Ajebutta" and cannot survive in her father land witout vaccines or medications abi? Na wa 4 una sef, Nothing go do am aftall we get children 4 naija wey stil d survive. LOL

this is just an ignorant and stupid comment. I forgot to take my malaria tablets last year b4 visiting nigeria i paid for it when i got back to the uk.

was in hospital for a week on a drip, i have almost died in the past when i caught malaria - so if you want to call me ajebo then go ahead and call me - i would rather be alive than a dead ajepaco like you!!
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2010
Tamita:

@POSTER

you can do better than this
Re: What Meds And Vaccines Do You Recommend For Kids First Visit To Nigeria. by debra: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2010
Thanks guys for the reply.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U / Visit To The Holly Land / Great Travelling Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.