Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,248 members, 7,897,298 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

GLO, Broad Day Light Robbery. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GLO, Broad Day Light Robbery. (562 Views)

Moi University Female Student, Kenya Hacked By Boyfriend In Broad Day Light / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. / 2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GLO, Broad Day Light Robbery. by mediaspy: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Its amazing how corporate organizations rip off Nigerians every day and get away with it,
I Loaded N1500 Recharge card with the intention of paying off the N500 I was owing Glo, and then subscribe for my monthly Data of N1000, but when I tried subscribing it was not going through so I checked my balance and I saw N500 instead of N1000. I immediately called customer service and the young man on the other line told me I have been auto renewed. (Please note that this auto renew is automatic and not subscribed by me) Meaning that if I loaded that money under duress, to make an emergency call, Glo would have left me stranded. Anyway in this case I wanted to renew N1000 Data, and was forced into a N500 contract without any form of confirmation prompt by or from me.

Now their argument or arrangement is, that I should send an sms to them each time I do not want to auto renew, (pls note that this auto renew was not initiated by me the subscriber) and each SMS cost N10 (Ten Naira)
When you do the Maths N10 from millions of subscribers runs to millions of money, we may keep over looking it that its just N10,then it will be just N10. But when you multiply it by just a million subscribers, then that sums up to a lot of money.
Further probing and calling 444 on glo network, I was now told I could go online to cancel my auto renew, but then I ask, how do I go online to cancel auto renew when I don’t have Data at that time.
My Question is, does anyone or organistation have the right to initiate a contract without the other party accepting the contract arrangement? Because this is what Glo is doing to millions of subscribers
This is my open letter to EFCC and NCC to call GLO and MTN to order.
Regards
Mr kevin

Re: GLO, Broad Day Light Robbery. by REVDIMMY: 1:40am On Jun 24, 2017
mediaspy:
Its amazing how corporate organizations rip off Nigerians every day and get away with it,
I Loaded N1500 Recharge card with the intention of paying off the N500 I was owing Glo, and then subscribe for my monthly Data of N1000, but when I tried subscribing it was not going through so I checked my balance and I saw N500 instead of N1000. I immediately called customer service and the young man on the other line told me I have been auto renewed. (Please note that this auto renew is automatic and not subscribed by me) Meaning that if I loaded that money under duress, to make an emergency call, Glo would have left me stranded. Anyway in this case I wanted to renew N1000 Data, and was forced into a N500 contract without any form of confirmation prompt by or from me.

Now their argument or arrangement is, that I should send an sms to them each time I do not want to auto renew, (pls note that this auto renew was not initiated by me the subscriber) and each SMS cost N10 (Ten Naira)
When you do the Maths N10 from millions of subscribers runs to millions of money, we may keep over looking it that its just N10,then it will be just N10. But when you multiply it by just a million subscribers, then that sums up to a lot of money.
Further probing and calling 444 on glo network, I was now told I could go online to cancel my auto renew, but then I ask, how do I go online to cancel auto renew when I don’t have Data at that time.

Hope this helps..

How to Cancel All MTN Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to Cancel All GLO Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to deactivate all Etisalat services to stop deducting your money
My Question is, does anyone or organistation have the right to initiate a contract without the other party accepting the contract arrangement? Because this is what Glo is doing to millions of subscribers
This is my open letter to EFCC and NCC to call GLO and MTN to order.
Regards
Mr kevin

(1) (Reply)

15 Persons Die, FRSC Uncovers Five Guns In Kaduna Crashed Vehicle / VIDEO: What This woman did to her little boy will make you cry / Indian Hemp For Salad Sold In Lagos Supermarkets We Are Investigating It –NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.