Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him (967 Views)

Is Dickson Pushing Jonathan Out Of Relevance In Bayelsa Politics? / Meet Ahmad Tijani Muazu, The Man In Charge Of INEC Logistics / Fani-Kayode Asked Nigerians To Chase Jonathan Out Of Aso Rock (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by deantimes(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
ADAMU Muazu, former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has denied allegation of betrayal and conspiracy made against him.

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan had allegedly accused the former PDP boss of conspiracy with the opposition party to kick him out in the corridor of power.

“I felt really betrayed by the result from some northern states. Perhaps for ethnic purposes, even security agents colluded with the opposition to come up with spurious results against me.

“What happened was very sad not for me as a person, but for our democracy. Take, for instance, the PDP national chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu. I believe he joined in the conspiracy against me. For reasons best known to him, he helped to sabotage the election in favour of the opposition,” Mr. Jonathan was quoted to have said in a book titled, ‘Against the Run of Play’, written by Segun Adeniyi, chairman of THISDAY editorial board.

Reacting to the allegation in a post on his Facebook page on Thursday, Muazu expressed surprise that the former president could speak about him in such manner.

Muazu who denied ever betraying Mr. Jonathan also said the people decided to vote out the former president.

“Ordinarily, I would have ignored the allegation that I betrayed President Jonathan and my party, but doing so could create the impression that I really did,” he said.

“I find it difficult to believe that President Jonathan would level such allegation against me. How can one betray himself?

“As the then national chairman of the PDP, I have been at the forefront of the presidential campaign train. Those who are insinuating that I betrayed President Jonathan and my party are being economical with the truth.

“In the face of abuse, insult and open ridicule by our friends and brothers we supported President Jonathan faithfully.

“In all sincerity, I gave my best and all to my party. Those who blame us for not delivering maximum votes to the former president in the north seem to have forgotten that it is the people who vote.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/muazu-i-didnt-betray-jonathan-the-people-voted-him-out/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by EKITI001: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
Make brain... We got tired of a leader sharing billions to kings, pastors , etc cos he needed votes...

He shud have used those money to develop the country...

But as for buhari, I will be back later..

5 Likes

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by deantimes(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by GavelSlam: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
They would still condemn you.
Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by tollyboy5(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
don't mind that otuoke man sad

1 Like

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by fallout87: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Muazu did betray GEJ and it was the reason a coup was formed to remove him as PDP chairman. Fayose was part of those who ousted him. GEJ only has himself to blame. He was warned multiple times about not only Muazu but Dasuki, his SCOPE and his COS. All northerners who were playing a game behind the scenes. They even tried to set GEJ up for a lyching b6 mob during the campaigning. If you remember he narrowly escaped death and is was wondered how this could have happened.

These are the culprits.

GEJ was earned not to go on that trip. Ignored them because his NSA, Muazu and others confused him.

Muazu is a snake and was found out to be so. Now he wants to pretend as if he is innocent. Those who know, know the truth.

When I say the Northerners are destroying the country. It is not a joke. It is serious. If only the Yoruba and Igbo would put aside their foolishness.....

2 Likes

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by criminalmindz: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
the real enemy within that never showed his face. muazu is the 12th disciple is Judas muazu...

1 Like

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by doctokwus: 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Of course.
In and out of power GEJ still talks and displays the mindset of an educationally challenged child.
His speeches and interview makes one wonder what sin d country committed to av been afflicted by 5yrs of a Jonathan presidency and how long one has to suffer d indignity of listening or watching his numerous brain challenged thoughts and views.

2 Likes

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by Hadone(m): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jonah must be craze
Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by koma1(m): 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
I don't want to believe that Muazu betrayed Gej. What does he gain by doing that. With or without Muazu Gej would have still lost because the people were tired of PDP and wanted change as at that time, he's campaign organizers and mama piss made things worsed for him with there campaign of hates

1 Like

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by wirinet(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
It is very disappointing for Jonathan to make this statement;

I felt really betrayed by the result from some northern states. Perhaps for ethnic purposes , even security agents colluded with the opposition to come up with spurious results against me.
It shows he was not qualified to be president in the first place. There was no ethnic purposes when he won both in the north and the south west in 2011 against two influential Fulani men ( Buhari and Ribadu). There were no ethnic purposes when the whole of the south west supported his being installed as acting president and subsequently president after the demise of Yaradua. It was after losing the elections because of his abysmal performance ( only people from the east and his base believed he performed wonderfully), that he remembered ethnic purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by Adminisher: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jonathan has the total mental development of an infant.
Nigeria and his tribe fit him well. He won't survive one day in an advanced country

1 Like

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Jonathan and his 5% supporters are still bitter over 2015 and it's almost two years now
Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 28, 2017
Muazu which people if I may ask?

Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by ewigmee: 12:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Why hasn't efcc searched this man as they do other PDP members? The reason is obvious ........
Re: Muazu: The People Voted Jonathan Out, I Didn't Betrayed Him by hedonistic: 12:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Only simpletons would believe that a president and commander in chief like Jonathan, with a raft of security intel, classified info, and state instruments at his disposal, would just talk based on rumours or conjecture. Of course he has his facts and he knew what he was saying when he accused the likes of Muazu of betrayal....

One example of betrayal was receiving massive sums of money meant to mobilise key stakeholders/electorate, and instead of doing that, you cornered much of the money to yourself and even channeled part of it to Buhari and the APC. Muazu and many other Judases were guilty of this.

Nonetheless, Jonathan has only himself to blame. He was too naive and too obtuse to do the needful, which is sad considering that you couldn't accuse him of inexperience.... Having been president for 5 long years prior, and having floated in the dizzying heights of the presidency even longer (as vice president from 2007 to 2010). He should have accumulated enough knowledge of the workings and dynamics of presidential power and used it to his own advantage.

He didn't understand the concept of carrot and stick.... He flooded the market with carrots without accompanying sticks, which gave traitors the audacity to disrobe the emperor and instigate the collapse of the empire, with unprecedented impunity.

In any case, Muazu wasn't Jonathan's biggest mistake. In a sense, he was inconsequential in the ultimate scheme of things. Jonathan's biggest mistake was not putting his trusted loyalists (from the South South, South East, or Christian Middle Belt) in the critical positions of INEC Chair and NSA at least a year before the elections. I believe this cost him the presidency.

(1) (Reply)

Nepotism In Buhari’s Govt, The Worst In Nigeria’s History / Why Buhari Should Sack Amaechi, Communication Minister, Shittu – Reno Omokri / The Conspiracy To Remove Jonathan By Reno Omokri's Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.