Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,718 members, 7,921,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives (3103 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Top 7 Ps3 Exclusives To Play Before You Move To Next Gen / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by texazzpete(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2007
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/19/devil-may-cry-4-no-longer-a-playstation-3-exclusive/

devil may cry 4 is no longer a playstation 3 exclusive title!!! Coming out for the PC, 360 and Ps3 simultaneously.

Now only MGS4 and Final Fantasy remain,
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2007
Damn you tp!

you beat me to it!

@gamine, you need to update the otriginal post! DMC4 is now coming to xbox360!

(to be utterly killed by ninjagaiden 2)
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2007
Oh Dakmanzero,
Texazzpete!!

DMC, oh well, let Seun change it,
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by kannymoore(m): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2007
hi gamine, , i dey eye you from afar , , enjoy your gist and side to things and all that.

anyway, , down to biz. i bought the god of war2. the game is tha bomba nd all that. its just that i got stuck on the island of the fates. that stage that u crashland in from your pegasus after tackling the gryphins in the sky.

theres this button you stand upon which opens a gate. further on, theres another gate which is opened by a crank. i
i step on the button but before i dive to the gate, it closes. i wonder how i'd get thru.

could you help?
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
Sorry Kanny, cant help u
find a walkthrough. smiley
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by wormedup(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2007
kannymoore,

look around, there has to be something for u to drop on the button.
i haven't played the game yet but, it's like a trend. there has to be something.
alternatively, do google cool
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ darkmanzero:

seriously dude, i've also tried my hand at some RPGs, honestly.

At least, i've played some of ff10, ff10-2, and ff12, and not to forget LOTR- battle of middle earth.

my preferences have been clearly stated, i find it boring to be juggling "spells", "thundagra and blizzardra " and all that BS, on the TV Screen before a battle. It takes away the action in the battle and it's more like Old Gramps telling us the action when he ate amala without his artificial teeth! If y' would see my previous, you'd see i stated clearly what i liked in a game.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by iice(f): 5:23am On Apr 21, 2007
gbade. x:

it's more like Old Gramps telling us the action when he ate amala without his artificial teeth!

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2007
hmmm. well, this may be a waste of time, since, to an extent, an rpg can be a labour of love, and if you are biased beforehand you may never 'get' it.

however it may help to note that ff10 is one of the worst games to play if you are just getting into RPGs. It is aimed at die hard *final fantasy* fans and not neccesarily rpg fans in general. I was bored stiff by it- i actually fell asleep with the controller in hand on 2 occasions before i had to throw the game away. I hear that ff12 is amazing, but the same was said about ff10, and i hear it uses one rubbish semi-real-time system, so i suspect the noise is all about graphics. Finally LOTR:BFME is not an RPG, so it doesnt count. Its a strategy game and i for one cant stand turnbased strategy- for strategy i prefer realtime simply because I lack patience and dont enjoy the parent board games (chess and risk)

also, 70% of the enjoyment of playing an rpg comes from the story. If you find the story to be childish or annoying, you cant just ignore it like u can for an action game.

when you play a good rpg, you will realise that the menu-based system is, in fact, the best for that class of game. This is because the games are direct descendatnts of an old board game called 'dungeons and dragons' by TSR hobbies, and the menu system is transplanted directly from there- but with the computer doing the dice rolling and maths for you- thus enabling the complexity to be increased many times with little effort!

You like ayo opon so much, i guess you do have the patience for a board game, so maybe you may still give rpg's a shot. If you discover them to be to your liking, just think, another of the good things of life is made available to you. A new hobby/distraction can only improve the quality of our lives in this godforsaken country where everything is just upside down and a man has to think about survival every waking minute.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 12:19am On Apr 22, 2007
lol @ darkie. aight, i get what u mean. it's all good playa. lol, u seemed frustated about the country. . .
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2007
lol @ darkie. aight, i get what u mean. it's all good playa. lol, u seemed frustated about the country. . .
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Lush: 11:03pm On May 08, 2007
Whats all this about ff10 being crap angry Originally, i wasnt a fan of rpgs but when my girlfriend bought me ff10 (didnt dare throw it away cos she'd have killed me), i decided to give it a shot cos i had nuffing else doing. Long and short of it, i played it to the end and maaaaan, i was hooked. I totally ignored the tidus fellow (main character) and developed the yuna chick and Auron. My belief is the bigger the sword, the heavier the punishment!

Its not a bad game really but i've heard ff8 wallops it hands down with eyes closed. Even the new one on ps3 is looking sleek but i think i'll stick to real time combat. Anybody have an idea when Tekken 6 & SC 4 will be released on the ps3? I'm champing at the bit , lipsrsealed
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 2:30pm On May 09, 2007
Well, ff10 isnt a crap game from a purely objective standpoint.

However to anyone that has prior (general) experience with RPGs, it is terrible

And to most final fantasy fans, it is not very good in comparision to the others.

Thats because it is greatly simplified. This makes it easy to pick up for newbies, but frustrating for long time players. It seems never to leave 'tutorial mode' and all of a sudden you've finished the game.

If you like the story/cutscenes you're in for a treat. However I found the voice-acting poor and the story boring. Usually that isnt a problem, because the gameplay makes up for it, but ff10, too easy, no depth. The guy that claimed rpgs are just about repeatedly pressing one button over and over would NOT be convinced otherwise by ff10.

even square realised this, hence the side-quests and 'endless mode' stuff crammed in after the fact.

strangely enough, if you try to leave the beaten path, as per sphere upgrades, the game suddenly becomes incredibly hard, so hard that you may totally screw up your party and have to start again. Since 'tutorial mode' is so long, this is of course a hellish experience,

Im happy u enjoyed ff10, however if u want to introduce a newbie to ff, 10 may not be the ideal game to do it with!

tekken 6, any time soon. sc4, no news.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2007
God of War 2

any body played that yet?
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by blacklion(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2009
My pipul, abeg I am a newcomer to video games and have a few questions to ask about PS3 especially because it is supposed to be a blu ray player also.

Can I play the normal Chinese made DVDs that they sell in naija on a PS3? At least my current DVD player even though its region 2 can play all the Chinese made DVD. Can PS3 do the same?

Finally, which is better - PAL model bought in the UK or NTSC model from the US? Which format has more cool games?
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2009
Bros, you have missed road
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by blacklion(m): 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2009
Sista,

Ah know sey u be guru for this PS3. Abeg helep your brother make my money no enter river.

Ah been post new thread for the Game section but nobody answer - na im ah come here.

Any advice/info will be most sincerely appreciated smiley cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Install Fifa On PC / Ps2 Chipping . PS2 4 Sale / Salto Bungee Trampoline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.