Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,491 members, 7,901,396 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures (30147 Views)

Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by kunzo: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2017
So terrible
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2017
There is a medical procedure known as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, it is used to revive people who have slumped and involves repeated compression of the chest,and also to check for the tongue to be sure that it has not fallen back to block the airway. I advise all nairalanders to read about it and save someone's life one day,if someone slumps and is not breathing, it does not necessarily mean he has ceased to live,this simple manoeuvre might be the only thing needed to bring the person back to consciousness. Meet a health professional and be enlightened about cardiopulmonary resuscitation, you may save your own loved one. cheers

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2017
RIP.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Innodon(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2017
Where is the love
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Realhommie(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2017
imam07:
You can just conclude like that. Were u with the couple when d woman decided to travel? Do u know whether the man told her not to travel under that condition and she refused. Am not there with them but i know a situation where a man will advise his wife not to do something and she will want to do it. It is only God that knows what happened.
What are you saying?? If she refused/decided to travel against the husbands plea, then the husband will let her be to travel alone in her sick condition, such long distance journey at that
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by imexg(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2017
abasi mbok,nsutoh mpor
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Jabioro: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2017
That's what you get when you mix religion with medication, if she needs prayer, can't the prayer be offer or intercede take place around the world without her physical presence. Instead of her to be at hospital, she is on the road experience all the bumps and potholes, buzzed from right left and centre that add salt to her already fragile /injured health.. Rest in peace Madam.. for those who intentional did it, I prayed they would not die. if the prayer will ever worked ..i summoned courage to doubt it

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
The police took her to the mortuary? Who confirmed that she was dead? Was there a doctor on ground? Could it be that she fainted? Or fell into a coma? The entire health care apparatus in Nigeria is dead. The ideal would have been to call an emergency number and have paramedics take care of her and if indeed she died, have the coroner certify her dead and take her to the mortuary. I really doubt if that woman died on the spot. She probably just fainted from Exhaustion or at worst, went into a coma or suffering from Low BP. Someone just falls down and everybody scampers and concluded that she died. Pathetic.

That is Nigeria for You. A country filled with educated Illiterates. When you talk they start to insult you.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by otokx(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
The police took her to the mortuary? Who confirmed that she was dead? Was there a doctor on ground? Could it be that she fainted? Or fell into a coma? The entire health care apparatus in Nigeria is dead. The ideal would have been to call an emergency number and have paramedics take care of her and if indeed she died, have the coroner certify her dead and take her to the mortuary. I really doubt if that woman died on the spot. She probably just fainted from Exhaustion or at worst, went into a coma or suffering from Low BP. Someone just falls down and everybody scampers and concluded that she died. Pathetic.

Are you truly staying in Nigeria, apart from the Police there is no other number to call in an emergency. Paramedics exist only in movies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2017
Realhommie:
Welcome to reality..
its realy annoying, there is even a church where they believe taking any form of medicine is a "sin" and a friends mother who belongs to that lost group died of common malaria, and they would say its "the will of God", well...the "will of God" actually includes "man making the choice for himself"...St Paul taught us a little "wine" is good for thy stomachs sake...
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by glossy6(f): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2017
Dandsome:
So sad. I hope the husband is happy wherever he is now? Instead of taking her to the hospital, you decided to take her to a pastor so far away that the stress of traveling alone is enough to kill her.

Imagine ooh! So even if she needed prayers, pastors have finished in Lagos abi?
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by GeneralOjukwu: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2017
Height of stupidity and illiteracy.

Plenty of hospitals from Uyo - Lagos, you didn't go...

Na yahoo yahoo pastors go treat you.

RIP, woman angry
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Adeevah(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Her husband killed her

RIP
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by sexyjob(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2017
My dear. Most times I wonder. That woman did not die
SBG04:
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Adeevah(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
n

For nairaland
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by bolseas(f): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:

This reminds me of what happened to a close family friend and his younger brother. There is an arrangement between the 2 brothers. the younger one has an okada. He takes the elder brother to join his staff bus every morning, and their younger sister to a rendezvous point where the school bus would pick her.

on that fateful morning, they left the house late. by the time they got to the busstop the staff bus already left. The rider then decided to go to the next step. on high speed, he didnt see the porthole and this was around 5:30 in the morning. They all fell. The elder brother was fast enough to guide the younger sister who was in the middle and took the whole fall, nothing happened to the girl. But he had injuries on his hands, back, waist

But the rider wasnt lucky. his own fall was terrible. he had a deep cut in his head and started foaming at the mouth. when the elder brother was sure the sister was ok. he went to the rider and started administering CPR on him and calling his name. People were already gathering including police.

The elder brother continued doing the CPR while the POLICE MEN WERE SAYING "MAKE WE PACK AM, HE DON GO, MAKE WE PACK AM" The elder brother didnt stop. To God be the glory the younger brother woke up and the same police men took them to the closest hospital.

This incident happened in 2012 along Ikorodu express way. The Rider is very well alive today and he has even become a father.

Quite infortunate that the woman was in that environment where most of the people dont know what exactly to do when it comes to medical emergencies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by oluwasma(f): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:
exactly my thought..so many people die in mortuary. Why can't they call emergency, try to resuscitate her..because she fell they concluded she died. That is a wrong assumption..the health system is bad. May we not fall into their hands in Jesus name..RIP to her.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Tisham20(m): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2017
angry RIP
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by GeneralOjukwu: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2017
Ponbolkay:
There is a medical procedure known as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, it is used to revive people who have slumped and involves repeated compression of the chest,and also to check for the tongue to be sure that it has not fallen back to block the airway. I advise all nairalanders to read about it and save someone's life one day,if someone slumps and is not breathing, it does not necessarily mean he has ceased to live,this simple manoeuvre might be the only thing needed to bring the person back to consciousness. Meet a health professional and be enlightened about cardiopulmonary resuscitation, you may save your own loved one. cheers

Great info.... however, no be me go put my lips on someone with bad breath...

If it's a girl like Amarabae, na me go be first to glue my mouth there tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by columbus007(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2017
The pastor had to flee,perhaps he cannot raise the dead.Rip young woman cry
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by SBG04: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2017
otokx:

Are you truly staying in Nigeria, apart from the Police there is no other number to call in an emergency. Paramedics exist only in movies.
They do here in Lagos. Dial 112 in case of an emergency and paramedics come and attend to your concern ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by dominique(f): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2017
imam07:
You can just conclude like that. Were u with the couple when d woman decided to travel? Do u know whether the man told her not to travel under that condition and she refused. Am not there with them but i know a situation where a man will advise his wife not to do something and she will want to do it. It is only God that knows what happened.

From the write-up, the eye witnesses said she was taken to the park by her husband and will be received by pastor. Will a man that does not want his sick wife to travel still go ahead and take her to a bus park? Why not take her to an hospital or make her rest at home? If truely the man opened his eyes and watched his ill wife travel alone, then he is wicked and heartless.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:

Please don't be silly; you don't always need a doctor to confirm that someone is dead.. Use common sense na
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by anyarajohn(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2017
What a tragedy, let us that the Bible says that he that saveth a soul is wise. The husband neglected her, true he never loved her.Woman rest in peace.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by GeneralOjukwu: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2017
Adeevah:

For nairaland

Make i catch you! angry
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by SBG04: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Linqsz:

Please don't be silly; you don't always need a doctor to confirm that someone is dead.. Use common sense na
Sorry o! My apologies for insulting your sensibilities.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:

Another glaring example of the biblical verse" ...my people perish for lack of knowledge".
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Danja: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Nigerians and our way thinking. If d husband had travelled with her, would it hv changed anything. The man did his best by accompanying to d park and made arrangement for someone to pick her up at d park and some of us are blaming him for nor being caring.
Thank God that I am a Muslim. My culture forbids blaming someone for ones death unjustifiably.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2017
SBG04:

Sorry o! My apologies for insulting your sensibilities.

No offense taken bro.
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by oluwasma(f): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Linqsz:

my dear u always need a doctor. A family friend's mum came from US and died in Nigeria in the hospital..they already concluded she was died but that family friend who is a nurse in the US did cpr on she woke up even after she stopped breathing..they would have taken her to the mortuary just like that..it can happen to anyone. Everyone needs to be educated on how to administer cpr..

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Young Shall Grow and Die Sef embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. / China Launches World's First Trackless And Virtual Lines Trains / Fun Places To Visit This Christmas In Lagos - Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.