Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,690 members, 7,975,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:59 AM

Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! (1171 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / How To Recognise True Love (not Lust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by maclatunji: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2010
I was at a cybercafe when a pretty girl walked up to me and asked me, if I knew who she was? For the life of me, I could not remember ever meeting her and I told her so. She introduced herself as my secondary school mate from 10 years ago. I asked her to mention some of her friends back then and she mentioned people I still remember. She then stormed out and said I deserve to be flogged! I noted that she was a science student while I was a commercial student.

Questions: Did she think that because she is pretty and was probably popular in secondary school that I would remember her?

I did not think I was popular when I was in secondary School but the reaction I get from some of my secondary School mates when they see me resembles that of Holywood Superstars sometimes, am I underestimating my popularity?

Is it that I am too pre-occupied with myself sometimes that I fail to appreciate the emotions of others about me and might be missing out on wonderful friendships and even great relationships?

What do you think?

On a final note, I do not intend to have a relationship with the girl except for acknowledging and noting her presence, if I ever meet her again.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by kidsam: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
let her alone jare, whats her problem, if she did not have other motives she would not be bothered that you could not recognise her after 10 years, instead she would be glad to help you recollect
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Ben13: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2010
Pretty 419 cheesy beware!!
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by maclatunji: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ben-10:

Pretty 419 cheesy beware!!

Actually, I am sure she was a real school mate. The part that really leaves me asking questions is the "you deserve to be flogged part".
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Teeegall(f): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
She'll feel hurt cos she still recognize you while you failed to remember her.i believe she was just joking about the 'flogged' part
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2010
some people feel bad when they realized that some body close to them cannot recognize them when they haven't seen for long.it sometimes happened to me
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by freecocoa(f): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2010
@poster wat re u feelin lyk?undaestimatin ur popularity ko.hisses.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
Big deal. Happens to me all the time. Don't fret over it. Just ask the person to refresh your memory. Sometimes if i'm still not convinced i just do the pleasantries and move the hell on. Maybe she had a crush on u back then.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by iice(f): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
Rofl. . .the things people worry about cheesy
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Nautillus(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2010
iice:

Rofl. . .the things people worry about cheesy

Hmmmm. . .My dear. .i tire.. . . .Do people still go to CyberCafes
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by iice(f): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2010
Yes people still go to cafe. Nothing wrong in that na.

BTW your profile pic is cute tongue
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by hayprof(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2010
iice:

[color=#9900ff]Yes people still go to cafe. Nothing wrong in that na.

@iice, do u still go to a Cybercafe for Internet services ?

I wonder ! tongue
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by iice(f): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
hayprof:

@iice, do u still go to a Cybercafe for Internet services ?

I wonder ! tongue

LOL, never really did. But i know people who do and it's all good na.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by ravenzord(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ OP: It's all good jare, you know there are some folks trhat just get angry over lil stuff. I hope you went after her, apologized, and collected her number, abeg no tell me say you slack wink.

And yeah, people still patronize Cybercafes, I used to, and I still will.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Sagamite(m): 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
Tough.

She was nor recognised, and so what? She should deal with it.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
maaaan

i am lousy with remembering people's faces/names

and i can be a real asshole - what with nigerians and 419
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by beejaei: 2:06am On Jan 07, 2010
So, this is what passes for a thread nowadays?

Shior.
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by waleski(m): 2:56am On Jan 07, 2010
beejaei:

So, this is what passes for a thread nowadays?

Shior.
na so we see am oh undecided anythg goes in the romance section
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by semidaraeb(m): 3:42am On Jan 07, 2010
Make the babe go hug PHCN Transformer jare. Nonsense!
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by maclatunji: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2010
@beejaei, ur sense of propriety should have prevented u from reading the thread now. Maybe it needs retuning. Perhaps U can educate us on the parameters of a good thread since u are as wise and refined as an owl. @freecocoa,ur bad belle is noted. keep it up. @iice, the way u handle small things shows how u will handle bigger things. So do not overlook small or little things. If u are not convinced let a small soldier ant instruct u on such matters. @hayprof, haba! cyber cafes exist all over the world so stop pretending as if u are soooo above using one. what a fraud!
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by Hotchyk(f): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2010
Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you doing in here anyway? You should have created your own section,and probably name it 'boring ,stupid,and incredible stories'
Re: Failed To Recognise A Former School Mate, The Girl Is Quite Hurt! by maclatunji: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
Hotchyk:

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you doing in here anyway? You should have created your own section,and probably name it 'boring ,silly,and incredible stories'

So many adjectives, thank you very much. I am inspired! The only question for you is: How can a story be silly and be incredible at the same time?

(1) (Reply)

Man Weds Pillow / Am I That Stingy? / One Night Stand's ( Qualifiers Or Disqualifiers )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.