Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,300 members, 7,910,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 12:06 PM

Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video (2651 Views)

Beware Guys : I Had Sex 10 Times Within A Week And Now This Happened (Picture) / Is There Any Drug That Can Make A Woman To Be In Sex Mood Like Manpower In Men? / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2017
In 2012, a new type of street drug nicknamed “bath salts” caused shock waves around the world after footage emerged of a Miami man – apparently high on one of these substances – ripping off his clothes and eating the face of another man (picture below). More recently, a variety of bath salts called flakka has surfaced in Broward County, Florida, with media reportsclaiming that the drug has now made its way to New York. Yet while the stories surrounding this so-called “zombie drug” are spectacularly grim, it’s important to get a handle on the science behind the substance in order to separate the facts from the myths.

The term “bath salts” describes a new group of synthetic chemicals resembling a natural stimulant called cathinone. Traffickers and dealers sometimes carry these white powders in bags labeled “bath salts – not for human consumption,” in order to disguise the drug and avoid being caught. Flakka – or alpha-pyrrolidinopentiophenone (PVP) – is one of these synthetic cathinones.

It's consumption has been linked to a range of disturbing effects, with some reports suggesting it gives users “superhuman strength.” According to Dr. Michael Baumann of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), this is partially caused by the way in which the drug blocks the norepinephrine transporter proteins in the brain. Norepinephrine is a neurotransmitter that mobilizes the body for action by increasing heart rate and blood pressure. The function of transporter proteins is to “vacuum up” any unused norepinephrine in order to terminate its effects, although when they get blocked by drugs like flakka, these effects can’t be regulated.

"Once people are above a certain threshold with this drug they become very agitated and aggressive,” Baumann told IFLScience. “In many cases they’re hallucinating – they get persecution delusions, and so they think they’re fighting for their lives,” which may explain the deranged violence and unusual strength that users apparently exhibit. “Are they agitated and aggressive? Yes. Superhuman? Probably not – I think this could be some embellishment.”

Flakka also blocks dopamine transporter proteins. Dopamine is involved in the activation of the brain’s reward centers, and is often released in response to pleasurable stimuli. Many addictive drugs work by increasing the effects of dopamine, yet according to Baumann, flakka is far stronger in this respect than most narcotics. This is based onstudies which showed that rats required 10 times less flakka than cocaine in order to become addicted.

It's this immense strength of flakka that Baumann says makes it so dangerous. “If someone is accustomed to doing a line of cocaine of a certain size and they did a similar line of this stuff, it would be like doing ten lines of cocaine,” he says. This can cause symptoms like psychosis, hallucinations, and agitation.

However, Baumann insists that these are “high dose effects,” and that “we don’t know very much about what the low dose effects of PVP are because those people don’t show up in the hospital.” Equally little is known about the drug’s long-term dangers since no clinical data has yet been collected on the subject. “So far all we have are anecdotal reports,” he says. “We’ve been trying for years to get a clinical study but it’s not something that’s embraced, for obvious reasons.”

obviously, it’s probably too early to start attaching labels like “zombie drug” to flakka, since clinical justification for this is lacking. However, it’s clear that the drug is seriously bad news, and while scientists are as yet unsure of its long-term effects, they’ll no doubt be hoping it doesn’t hang around long enough for them to find out.
http://secretsofthefed.com/the-truth-about-flakka-the-so-called-zombie-drug-thats-ten-times-stronger-than-cocaine/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-N2LwJL75g
Now we seriously gotta pray really hard that our Ibo brothers in their quest for quick wealth don't import this drug from hell into our sorry country Nigeria, God bless us all. Drug addicts and peddlers, beware!

Lalasticlala,farano,rocktation,mynd44 please take this to the promise land for wider Awareness to the public as this drug is gaining popularity by the day, thank you!

1 Like

Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by dingbang(m): 8:55am On Apr 29, 2017
Lol I Go take this drug ..make any police man come challenge me
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
Lol I Go take this drug ..make any police man come challenge me
who go wan challenge you? You no watch the video ni?
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by dingbang(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2017
SorftWerk:
who go wan challenge you? You no watch the video ni?
omo mehn I don watch am ooooo... Keeps quiet.. I just dey open mouth and laugh all through the video
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
omo mehn I don watch am ooooo... Keeps quiet.. I just dey open mouth and laugh all through the video
laugh kwa? Are you for real?

This is the real end time drug bro... Straight from hell!
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by dingbang(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2017
SorftWerk:
laugh kwa? Are you for real?

This is the real end time drug bro... Straight from hell!
why I nor go laugh.. U no see dat one wey rush hit himself for back of car glass. And dat girl wey just begin to display the madness choke one guy for train.. Hilarious to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Epositive(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2017
if those thugs wey dey my area see this drug nko? sad
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Old drug...
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Doctorfitz: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2017
Hahaha it's already in Nigeria, no b this drug lie lie Mohammed dey take?
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Chuknovski(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2017
I have this drugs,gave my dog it killed 10 cows, lols grin na lie ooo
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2017
PCP is way more Potent than this Flakka sh*t
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
why I nor go laugh.. U no see dat one wey rush hit himself for back of car glass. And dat girl wey just begin to display the madness choke one guy for train.. Hilarious to me
lol grin would you like to try it if one of my guy import am?
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 29, 2017
Boj2:
PCP is way more Potent than this Flakka sh*t
how worse is pcp than flakka
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by dingbang(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2017
SorftWerk:
lol grin would you like to try it if one of my guy import am?
just a nano fraction of it... Yes I can
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2017
dingbang:
just a nano fraction of it... Yes I can
I guess you love to try new things aait?
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by czarr(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2017
Chuknovski:
I have this drugs,gave my dog it killed 10 cows, lols grin na lie ooo
e no b like true self, no need to tell us say no le
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 29, 2017
SorftWerk:
how worse is pcp than flakka
A user once peeled off his own face and fed it to his dog
a rapper,Houston plucked out his own eye,dude is cooling off in an asylum currently
a rapper in the late 90's,Big Lurch killed his roommate,cut her chest open and ate her intestines and lungs i think.. dude was caught later by police fully nakéd,staring at the Moon, howling.......he's currently serving a Life sentence
many more fûckedupness still trends bruh from doing *Angel dust

2 Likes

Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Boj2:

A user once peeled off his own face and fed it to his dog
a rapper,Houston plucked out his own eye,dude is cooling off in an asylum currently
a rapper in the late 90's,Big Lurch killed his roommate,cut her chest open and ate her intestines and lungs i think.. dude was caught later by police fully nakéd,staring at the Moon, howling.......he's currently serving a Life sentence
many more fûckedupness still trends bruh from doing *Angel dust
speechless! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Flakka:the So-called “zombie Drug”that’s 10 Times Stronger Than Cocaine! Video by dingbang(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
SorftWerk:
I guess you love to try new things aait?
Yes bro

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Just Delivered A Beautiful Bouncing Baby Boy / I Am The Most Handsome Dude On Nairaland Quote Me Anywhere / Ubunja MisEducation - Now All The Ladies Hate Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.