Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,717 members, 7,882,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:35 AM

2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (173835 Views)

2018/2019 UNILAG Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Rukkington:
@lilliesboy, this is a proof. You will see from the pix that acceptance fee have not been paid and admission letter is ready.
Pix will be taken down soon
Am not disputing that Admission Letter have not been prepared for and printed by many applicants. The claim by some persons here that they got their Admission Letter BEFORE payment of the Acceptance Fee, as well as the accusation by a lousy lady here that the University authority is telling many applicants to go ahead and pay the Acceptance Fee but only not to give some of them admission, is the bone of contention here. I still stand by my earlier comments!

As am writing this, a lot of applicants are still UNABLE to successfully login and see/print their Acceptance Fee form neither have they seen their Admission Letter. This is either because the UniBadan Postgraduate School did NOT offer them admission or their Department/Faculty have not sent their details to the relevant authority for admission. As long as one was ABLE to login and see/print your Acceptance Fee form, it means you have been offered admission ALREADY! I repeat, the University authority is not that stupid and wicked to prepare and allow one print Acceptance Fee, pay the fee then make you know later that you were NOT offered admission. That is a big fat lie by that lousy bitchy lady here and her imbec*lic and hypocritical wailers defending her. Stupid liars!

I paid my Acceptance Fee at the GT Bank in my State on Tuesday (10th of April, 2018) at a time my Admission Letter was not available online nor prepared on my page. And guess what? I saw my Admission Letter yesterday and it was dated "April 10, 2018" - the SAME day I paid my Acceptance Fee. Is that a coincidence? Does not that mean the Admission Letter was prepared AFTER I paid my Acceptance Fee, not BEFORE the payment? To add to it, I got a mail last night that I have been "Scheduled for Clearance."

There is no point arguing over this, people can lie to themselves but not me. The most important thing is gaining the admission and paying your fees.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
I still stand by my earlier comments: Admission Letter comes AFTER payment of Acceptance Fee, and those that did not see their names amongst the pasted list of admitted students in their Department(s) either FAILED the English Proficiency Test/Departmental Test or were NOT admitted for other reasons! Simple and plain, no point wailing.

As am writing this, a lot of applicants are still UNABLE to successfully login and see/print their Acceptance Fee form neither have they seen their Admission Letter (that "everyone" are supposedly now seeing including those that have NOT paid their Acceptance Fee). This is either because the UniBadan Postgraduate School did NOT offer them admission or their Department/Faculty have not sent their details to the relevant authority for admission. As long as one was ABLE to login and see/print your Acceptance Fee form, it means you have been offered admission ALREADY! I repeat, the University authority is not that stupid and wicked to prepare and allow one print Acceptance Fee, pay the fee then make you know later that you were NOT offered admission. That is a big fat lie by that lousy bitchy lady here and her imbec*lic and hypocritical wailers defending her. Stupid liars!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
orangb:

"Anyone yet to get a mail at this point in time is entirely on her/his own. For those who "prefer" sitting for the test on a particular day of their choice other than what the University had already scheduled, I encourage them to keep"preferring." Sit at home and "prefer," you must be the President or Governors' children."

Do you know how scared I was when you said this and I hadn't received email for EPT yet? I got the mail for EPT after you made this comment.

Please try to be empathetic when things aren't going well for others.

I won't exchange words with you.
"AFTER I made the comment," you say. When did you get the mail and what date did I make that statement? I guess you later got the mail on the day of the Test? If that statement got you "scared" then you have your stupid self to blame because there was nothing scary about it except for the stupid ones.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Angelawhite(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
lilliesboy:
I still stand by my earlier comments: Admission Letter comes AFTER payment of Acceptance Fee, and those that did not see their names amongst the pasted list of admitted students in their Department(s) either FAILED the English Proficiency Test/Departmental Test or were NOT admitted for other reasons! Simple and plain, no point wailing.

As am writing this, a lot of applicants are still UNABLE to successfully login and see/print their Acceptance Fee form neither have they seen their Admission Letter (that "everyone" are supposedly now seeing including those that have NOT paid their Acceptance Fee). This is either because the UniBadan Postgraduate School did NOT offer them admission or their Department/Faculty have not sent their details to the relevant authority for admission. As long as one was ABLE to login and see/print your Acceptance Fee form, it means you have been offered admission ALREADY! I repeat, the University authority is not that stupid and wicked to prepare and allow one print Acceptance Fee, pay the fee then make you know later that you were NOT offered admission. That is a big fat lie by that lousy bitchy lady here and her imbec*lic and hypocritical wailers defending her. Stupid liars!

You've made your point.

To add to it:

1. If you're able to generate acceptance invoice BY LOGGING IN WITH YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ( and not by manipulating the URL with your "ID number), you have been recommended. The "NON REFUNDABLE" clause only applies to students who do not wish to continue with the admission offered them.
2. If you got a mail stating that you have been recommended by your department but you needed to upload invisible documents, please that mail was sent indiscriminately to almost everyone in error but was targeted to ONLY THOSE WHO WERE RECOMMENDED PRIOR TO THE MAIL.

3. The only sure ways to know if you have been recommended is the congratulatory email from your department stating your supervisor and your application status showing "RECOMMENDED" in your portal. If you received the congratulatory message without your application status being updated to "RECOMMENDED" or vice versa, do not worry, it's a technical hitch- you've been recommended.
4. If no 3 above is true for you and your admission letter has not been prepared but you can generate the acceptance invoice (NOT ACCEPTANCE FORM),then you have been offered admission and you can make payment. The letter will surely come. Not everybody's letter will be ready at the same time.
5. If your admission letter comes before you pay acceptance (Which is very possible and which should have been the norm save for a few glitches), good for you. You can make your payment.
6.If you can see your admission letter on your portal by clicking the link and not by manipulating the URL, congratulations
7 @ Lilliesman Lilliesboy, you can drive home your point without being insulting. Nobody here is righteous including you. If you feel your "intelligence" has been insulted, do you massage it by calling people !mbeciles?

The worst feeling is when you finish insulting people and you realize that your argument is flawed with a lot of fallacies grin

It's my opinion and I can be wrong. What do I know. Afterall, my department (Electrical engineering) has not recommended me neither has anybody from my dept been recommended.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Angelawhite(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
lilliesboy:

"AFTER I made the comment," you say. When did you get the mail and what date did I make that statement? I guess you later got the mail on the day of the Test? If that statement got you "scared" then you have your stupid self to blame because there was nothing scary about it except for the stupid ones.

For your information, I never got an email inviting me for the EPT up till this very moment.

What Woulda been my faith if I followed your advice and resigned to faith?

Look at me, I came out with an impressive score!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
profdarkin:

Exactly!
Exactly what? Exactly that you are as stupid and/or hypocritical like DawnEden et al, I think.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 8:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
Amamicable:
Please I need an accommodation in a SERENE environment somewhere around ui.... Any one with information should kindly drop their number and I'll reach out to them ASAP
Serene environment indeed. You need to be in an environment with many lousy and dumb neighbours like you. I can recommend two or more for you.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
lilliesboy:

Serene environment indeed. You need to be in an environment with many lousy and dumb neighbours like you. I can recommend two or more for you.
smiley
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
lilliesboy:

Exactly what? Exactly that you are as stupid and/or hypocritical like DawnEden et al, I think.
Work on yourself, stop making mess of yourself on this thread. I don't need to exchange words with you. Are you sure you're a graduate?.Ponder on that question bro.
Ire oooooo
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Olobitat: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
please can anyone put me through on how to apply for school accommodation?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Olobitat:
please can anyone put me through on how to apply for school accommodation?
You do that after making payment for school fees.
According to the dvc the price may double this session. Last session price was two in a room #35k, 3 in a room 25k.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Olobitat: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
profdarkin:

You do that after making payment for school fees.
According to the dvc the price may double this session. Last session price was two in a room #35k, 3 in a room 25k.
o oh! Thanks for the response. I hope they do not double it anyway...
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by dayowunmi(m): 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
Angelawhite:

You've made your point.

To add to it:

1. If you're able to generate acceptance invoice BY LOGGING IN WITH YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD ( and not by manipulating the URL with your "ID number), you have been recommended. The "NON REFUNDABLE" clause only applies to students who do not wish to continue with the admission offered them.
2. If you got a mail stating that you have been recommended by your department but you needed to upload invisible documents, please that mail was sent indiscriminately to almost everyone in error but was targeted to ONLY THOSE WHO WERE RECOMMENDED PRIOR TO THE MAIL.

3. The only sure ways to know if you have been recommended is the congratulatory email from your department stating your supervisor and your application status showing "RECOMMENDED" in your portal. If you received the congratulatory message without your application status being updated to "RECOMMENDED" or vice versa, do not worry, it's a technical hitch- you've been recommended.
4. If no 3 above is true for you and your admission letter has not been prepared but you can generate the acceptance invoice (NOT ACCEPTANCE FORM),then you have been offered admission and you can make payment. The letter will surely come. Not everybody's letter will be ready at the same time.
5. If your admission letter comes before you pay acceptance (Which is very possible and which should have been the norm save for a few glitches), good for you. You can make your payment.
6.If you can see your admission letter on your portal by clicking the link and not by manipulating the URL, congratulations
7 @ Lilliesman Lilliesboy, you can drive home your point without being insulting. Nobody here is righteous including you. If you feel your "intelligence" has been insulted, do you massage it by calling people !mbeciles?

The worst feeling is when you finish insulting people and you realize that your argument is flawed with a lot of fallacies grin

It's my opinion and I can be wrong. What do I know. Afterall, my department (Electrical engineering) has not recommended me neither has anybody from my dept been recommended.
Pertaining to that lilliboy or so, am amazed an adult can be so vulgar and uncouth. I mean, not everyone will always agree with your opinion but why call people imbeciles just cos they shares contrary opinion? Even if a child does that, he ought to be reprimanded how much more a so called adult

I pity the woman that will marry him.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Zeal3314: 3:26am On Apr 13, 2018
Please what do I do if my Original GCE(NECO) certificate is not ready? because it is indicated that one must present original certificate for clearance. Your informed advice will be of help please.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by pejuakinab: 3:45am On Apr 13, 2018
decrowngifted:

how many days does it take before your admission letter appear after payment of acceptance fee

Not everyone who has paid acceptance fee can access the admission letter for now. Its not about how many days. Its done in batches and I guess its to avoid overcrowding for clearance.
Chill, I have someone beside me who we paid acceptance together and yet to see admission letter.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 13, 2018
Zeal3314:
Please what do I do if my Original GCE(NECO) certificate is not ready? because it is indicated that one must present original certificate for clearance. Your informed advice will be of help please.
Please get it ASAP, they won't attend to you without the certificate.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Zeal3314: 6:47am On Apr 13, 2018
profdarkin:

..I wrote the exam in 2015 so the certificate is not ready in NECO office.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by onlyme07(m): 8:11am On Apr 13, 2018
profdarkin:

Prof,are they so much concerned with subject combination? What were you given after clearance.? Have you started registration?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by decrowngifted: 8:23am On Apr 13, 2018
pejuakinab:

Not everyone who has paid acceptance fee can access the admission letter for now. Its not about how many days. Its done in batches and I guess its to avoid overcrowding for clearance.
Chill, I have someone beside me who we paid acceptance together and yet to see admission letter.
thanks you... i can now see the admission leter
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Psalmuel92(m): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2018
please house which form is eligibility form?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2018
Psalmuel92:
please house which form is eligibility form?
Check your portal under print documents. You will get it there.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2018
profdarkin:

Work on yourself, stop making mess of yourself on this thread. I don't need to exchange words with you. Are you sure you're a graduate?.Ponder on that question bro.
Ire oooooo
No, am not a graduate, you are the ONLY graduate here - but a stupid one. Have you finished working on yourself?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2018
onlyme07:

Prof,are they so much concerned with subject combination? What were you given after clearance.? Have you started registration?
All they do is to check documents, not concerned with what you got in your ssce/gce results.
You get a success mail after doing clearance.
Registration hasn't started.
All the best!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Yemmysworld91: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2018
bolagabriella:

Is this your whatsapp number?
I dropped your message on the UI postgraduate group chat and someone sent the contact of a lecturer in the department of Religious studies whom you can make enquiries from. I am trying to share the contact with you but your number up there seems not to be registered to whatsapp

I've sent the number to you via sms
kindly add me up on d whatsapp group. Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Yemmysworld91: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2018
tonstk:
Pls help a sister out. All did test, interview n recommendation emails, I haven't get any from d dpartmnt of church history. If u have any info pls share with me on my contact: 08030878516. Thank u
did d dept of religious studies eventually contacted u?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2018
Please when is the next set of application forms likely to be sold? And how much is it?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Kennygal: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2018
Pls how will I see acceptance invoice on my page?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2018
demmybite:
Please when is the next set of application forms likely to be sold? And how much is it?
June
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Ecclesia17(m): 10:54am On Apr 13, 2018
Please the attestation letter are we to get it from our department or academic office of the school of of our first degree.

Please anyone with info as to our they got theirs should let me know ASAP

Regards
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Agnesgrace(f): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
please, am in bio chemistry department, I was called for interview but am yet to receive any recommendations letter from my department stating the supervisor... please what is the latest in bio chemistry department

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (82) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.