Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:49 PM

This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. (7992 Views)

Drone Shot Of Adeleke University At Night And In The Day Time (photos) / Experiencing University Of Ibadan At Night (Pictures) / A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by brandonobi(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2017
lequatee:

Happened to me alot when I was much younger. I would be unable to run in the dream. like some magnetic/gravitational pull is acting on your body. They told me it was because I went to sleep with my legs folded (lol. naija) .
who also experienced the free fall from a very high pedestal till you wake up on your bed. this particular one scared the hell out of me back then.
this is exactly what I'm talking about, not being able to run atall even falling from a distance and waking up instantly
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by brandonobi(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2017
gqboyy:

Loool. I once had a nghtmare about a huge black snake pursuing me, I ran for like 30minutes in dream but d snake no stop pursuing me. I come vex and I turn around d snake com dey wonder why i stop, na so i begin dey pursue d snake, come see how d snake carry leg dey run.... i come wake up...I saw d sun was already up.....that was when I dey for primary 5....some dreams are crazy
lol, I was once being chased by a crazy lady, all of a sudden I realized I was in a dream, then my dream became lucid, I turned around and the lady wasn't there, then I decided to walk around the streets like I owned the place ( actually I did own the place, being my dream and all) tried flying as well, but I was too aware that humans can't fly for it to happen, have to believe u can fly b4 it happens

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by spacyzuma(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2017
Joavid:

Exactly!

I experienced it years ago but not anymore. I use to be very religious then, so I thought witches were pressing me - which is the common belief among Christians.

Now I know better.

:* :* :* for this.

*applause*

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Teague4league(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2017
lequatee:

Happened to me alot when I was much younger. I would be unable to run in the dream. like some magnetic/gravitational pull is acting on your body. They told me it was because I went to sleep with my legs folded (lol. naija) .
who also experienced the free fall from a very high pedestal till you wake up on your bed. this particular one scared the hell out of me back then.
D Free Fall is d sweetest dream sensation for me while growing up. I really wish i could have those again
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by gqboyy(m): 12:57pm On May 01, 2017
brandonobi:
lol, I was once being chased by a crazy lady, all of a sudden I realized I was in a dream, then my dream became lucid, I turned around and the lady wasn't there, then I decided to walk around the streets like I owned the place ( actually I did own the place, being my dream and all) tried flying as well, but I was too aware that humans can't fly for it to happen, have to believe u can fly b4 it happens

On the contrary I can fly at will in my dreams but at times I get problem with landing lol...
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by wemmy01(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2017
it happens to me alot but when I was a muslim I do think it is jin but now my thinking are different and it rarely happens.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by dihno4real(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2017
insightful...
though one would like to know the neurotransmitters secreted during this REM stage which bring about the dream paralysis...
in 'G. I. JOES RETALIATION' (an American film), the same chemical was used to paralyse some guys...
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by snezBaba: 9:05pm On May 01, 2017
dihno4real:
insightful...
though one would like to know the neurotransmitters secreted during this REM stage which bring about the dream paralysis...
in 'G. I. JOES RETALIATION' (an American film), the same chemical was used to paralyse some guys...
Have you watched INCEPTION ?
It also deals with subconsciousness and its manipulation.
Can't believe this thread has not been moved to FP. oga Lalasticlala nawa o, cus snake ain't involved?
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by snezBaba: 9:06pm On May 01, 2017
wemmy01:
it happens to me alot but when I was a muslim I do think it is jin but now my thinking are different and it rarely happens.
An atheist now ?
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Wadosky(m): 1:26am On May 02, 2017
I experience it a lot and it's always scary.it occurs anytime I lie on my back ,the irony is that I sleep off fast anytime I lie on my back and very sure they will come for my heart.I always shout blood of JESUS each time till they free me.
Very very scary
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by dihno4real(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2017
snezBaba:

Have you watched INCEPTION ?
It also deals with subconsciousness and its manipulation.
Can't believe this thread has not been moved to FP. oga Lalasticlala nawa o, cus snake ain't involved?
bro my point is that there are neurotransmitters involved in this process, regardless of its manipulations
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by brandonobi(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2017
gqboyy:

On the contrary I can fly at will in my dreams but at times I get problem with landing lol...
how exactly do u fly in the dream, i always fall on my face
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by gqboyy(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2017
brandonobi:
how exactly do u fly in the dream, i always fall on my face

Lol. I fly at will by spreading my arms and swiftly ascending, thus eluding those chasing me.
You always fall on your face when landing ?? lool
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by KendrickAyomide: 10:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
gqboyy:

Lol. I fly at will by spreading my arms and swiftly ascending, thus eluding those chasing me.
You always fall on your face when landing ?? lool
na winch u be so grin grin grin
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by gqboyy(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
na winch u be so grin grin grin
Looool na for dream ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Kings College Lagos Old Boys. / Dole Village In Kebbi State, Where A Gutter Divides Nigeria And The Niger / Net Worth Of Telecom Companies In Nigeria - Techredirector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.