Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,978 members, 7,903,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:28 AM

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It (36587 Views)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by ceejay4real(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.

Why would God foist someone like Jonathan on us as our leader and then thereafter a dullard like Buhari? Sometimes, I just wonder whether God truly loves Nigeria or even whether he's actually as Omnipotent & Omniscient as we are made to believe. Or how else does one explain the temerity and audacity of our wicked & rapacious leaders? Bullying and intimidating us all the way as well as milking our national treasury dry & yet an all knowing and all powerful God just watches on? I just don't get it!

2 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Lordeminent234: 9:35am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing
pls how can I get the soft copy I'm actually not doing anything today.
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by morningsta(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing

Abeg where can one get a hard-copy? Don't want to damage my eyes reading all that on a system.
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by KennedyIroh: 10:01am On May 01, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Jonathan taking that credit of "biggest economy in Africa" remains one of his most fraudulent claims to this day. What happened was that the economy was REBASED, that is, our GDP was recalculated with the inclusion of indices which were hitherto ignored such as Nollywood, construction, and telecoms.

Pray tell, how exactly was Jonathan responsible for the establishment, dine, or growth of those three industries?

When they saw the country was making soooo much money yet they had nothing to show for it, they just had to come up with this, something that was a mare mathematical exercise, to wet the beaks of their gullible supporters.

Look at the deafening noise they were making about railways as though the system we had could then be compared to what obtains in China! As a matter of fact, dude decided to hinge his entire campaign on the "revamp of our railway sector"!! I couldn't believe that horseshit!

I had to travel down to makurdi the day the then vp was in town to "commission the rehabilitated tracks in makurdi" with some newly acquired train just to see if it was same "Makurdi" I know they were talking about.

Those criminals contracted some boys to patch up the potholes at Tito Gate railway crossing, and poured some gravel along the tracks over a distance of about two kilometres - that was what they showed cameramen and the world!! I took pics and uploaded them here to show the world what a fraudster Jonathan was. Beyond the places they showed the world ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW was done on those tracks.

The biggest lie they told about that episode was that trains could Now go from Makurdi to Port Harcourt! I was like WTF! shocked

Aufbuah should know what I'm talking about.
[/s]
Buhari is a failure tongue

2 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by frank016(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.
how do I get my copy please
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Cyberknight: 10:05am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:

Read my piece again. I am not blaming him. I am blaming the whole contraption that is betraying our trust.Take it or leave it, that is politics for you. What I yearn for is that utopia.... Politics with a human face. For obvious reasons, the common man is docile. All we have is a big mouth.

Listen to the pkone in programmes on radio. We are all presidents, legislators, coaches, engineers, judges ,governors rolled into one. We cannot agree on one thing. Everybody has
an opinion hat is at best divisive. But then that is democracy for you.
I digress.
Talking of "advanced" democracies, they have their own problems that are beyond NEPA, school enrolment,second Niger bridge or zoning. For instance, Europe as a warehouse for stolen funds from the third world. They are only waking up now because thieves from Nigeria et al are bastardizing their legal and financial structures. A Nigerian crook will pay more and in cash for a property that in the process distorts the market value of real estate in the neighbourhood. Ke will induce a lawyer in Fenchurch street , London, to arrange phony deals etc etc. Europe was turning into the case of the doctor becoming the patient.

I certainly never said that the advanced democracies are perfect or are heaven on earth, or have no problems whatsoever, so I fail to understand the reference. What I did say in relation to the topic of the Jonathanian experience in Nigerian politics that was the topic of the book, is that they are at the stage where they their process for selecting government leaders is better than ours, especially concerning the fact that even though there are insiders (there are always big, entrenched vested interests everywhere), it is much, much easier for an outsider or an unkwown to actualise an ambition to govern their country, as opposed to our benighted country Nigeria.
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Jflex07(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2017
What do you expect from a book written by an Afonja/BMC recruit..Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by wisenewgem(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:

please I need a soft copy of the book.
My mail address is wisenewgem@gmail.com
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by citizenY(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2017
Cyberknight:

I certainly never said that the advanced democracies are perfect or are heaven on earth, or have no problems whatsoever, so I fail to understand the reference. What I did say in relation to the topic of the Jonathanian experience in Nigerian politics that was the topic of the book, is that they are at the stage where they their process for selecting government leaders is better than ours, especially concerning the fact that even though there are insiders (there are always big, entrenched vested interests everywhere), it is much, much easier for an outsider or an unkwown to actualise an ambition to govern their country, as opposed to our benighted country Nigeria.

I agree. You will notice that my comment on the situation in Europe was a digression and I stated do clearly.

My brother, this acute greed and clannishness is getting the better of us. Where do we start from?
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Nobody: 10:18am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:
please can I have it too? or where do you download it from pleaseee?
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Aragon: 10:23am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:

How much does it cost, and where can it be bought?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria / Nigerians Deserve Truth About Buhari’s Sudden Vacation – Fayose / Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.