Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message (23526 Views)

I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2017
Victornezzar:

Guess ur guilty
dd I mention ur name
grin make I no vex trow u enter lagoon ooh like my chairman will say.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Explorers(m): 9:44am On May 01, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2017
sisisioge:

Wetin you sabi? Yoruba kingdom hierarchy is not graded according to cities. Even Akiolu knows book reach that level. I'm sure he wishes he didn't get too excited on that day already. So, stranger you... Maintain your atlas parole OK.
Pls direct ur anger to the right authorities no be me be oba akiolu..U know where to meet him pls go ad beat him up dere..TANKZ smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Nobody: 9:47am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Oba akiolu rules lagos and lagos is the most important state in de west so his sit is greater than onis sit..Who sabi osun state?They are confusing people with dere prosperous past GLORY and am sure u have heard the saying I get am before no be property..so my man with this few point of mine I hope I have bin able to convince you and not to confuse you that akiolu is grater then oni..THANK U.
U sound like comedy itself.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by samesco: 9:57am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Pls direct ur anger to the right authorities no be me be oba akiolu..U know where to meet him pls go ad beat him up dere..TANKZ smiley
why are u showing your ignorance like this?? What do you know about kingship in Yoruba land and the hierarchy of kings?? How can u say Benzema is better than Messi?? Because the last time I checked he plays for d number1 team in the world.. I think this comparison will help u think!!! And stop assuming Lagos is better than Oni of Ife.... So stop your MUmulity!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Ola5TP: 9:58am On May 01, 2017
soberdrunk:
This man is a confirmed "OMO ALE"!! How dare you insult a king, even the Ooni that he disrespected did not insult him, this young man is gambling with his life for cheap popularity......... angry
Which life? Which barstard? Please keep shut if u don't have any sensible thing to say! Obas are deities and Obas are greater than themselves, Oni of ife can dethrone Oba Akiolu according to his power! Just thank God that it wasn't formal Oni of ife, Oba Sijuade or Alafin of Oyo! Akiolu would have received his judgement right there. If Oni didn't fight for himself because he is younger or he didn't want to disrespect elders, many people are ready to fight for him even without his knowledge! So please leave this young man alone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by kernel501: 10:04am On May 01, 2017
Victornezzar:

mad people just dey comment since today
seun please do something about it

Close that hole before your face. When he asked the Igbos to jump into Lagoon, you defended him, go on and defend him, delusional.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by GLOBALINF: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Oba akiolu rules lagos and lagos is the most important state in de west so his sit is greater than onis sit..Who sabi osun state?They are confusing people with dere prosperous past GLORY and am sure u have heard the saying I get am before no be property..so my man with this few point of mine I hope I have bin able to convince you and not to confuse you that akiolu is grater then oni..THANK U.

point of correction: ONI OF IFE is the king of all YORUBA empire within and outside Nigeria. be it in USA, Brazil, BENIN REPUBLIC, South America, anywhere you have Yoruba descendant, but Oba of Lagos is just a BAALE of ISALE EKO. his supremacy cannot go beyond that line. he is nobody in Mushin, Ikeja, Agege and the likes cos they have their own king.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by sisisioge: 10:14am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

No vex. I bin think say you be him rep ni as e be say na so him too dey carry left hand chop grin
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by juman(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2017
Anyway those kings are only useful to their families.

Also in todays world, governors have replaced those powerful kings.
The power are with the governors not with the kings anymore.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by sisisioge: 10:15am On May 01, 2017
GLOBALINF:

point of correction: ONI OF IFE is the king of all YORUBA empire within and outside Nigeria. be it in USA, Brazil, BENIN REPUBLIC, South America, anywhere you have Yoruba descendant, but Oba of Lagos is just a BAALE of ISALE EKO. his supremacy cannot go beyond that line. he is nobody in Mushin, Ikeja, Agege and the likes cos they have their own king.

Oooshe!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by AmiJoy(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Were are the jagaban worshippers..Pls u guys shuld remember Oba Rilwan is tinubus boy and accord him some respect.Before jagaban gets angry..Lagos state is the greatest state ad the heart of southwest..Osun state is should I say the bottom in function,ad position.The least state.. We all know the Heart is more important than the bottom(YANSH)..so the osun king ad his supporters should better calm down..TEAM Akiolu cool
It's nt abt d states now,,, it's abt d greatest traditionally... If not for d advent of d colonial masters,,, we for no know anytin like state...
Let's respect tradition and give honour to whom honour is due... This life no difficult bt we make it complicated for ourselves
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Achiles: 10:25am On May 01, 2017
[quote author=SIRmanjar post=56085073]Were are the jagaban worshippers..Pls u guys shuld remember Oba Rilwan is tinubus boy and accord him some respect.Before jagaban gets angry..Lagos state is the greatest state ad the heart of southwest..Osun state is should I say the bottom in function,ad position.The least state.. We all know the Heart is more important than the bottom(YANSH)..so the osun king ad his supporters should better calm down..TEAM Akiolu cool[/quote

Shut up your stinking mouth. If you don't know Yoruba history or geneleogy,ask people to educate you. The Yoruba all share one ancestral origin with the Oni of Ife as Grand Generalisimo. Oba of Lagos action is a repulsive action to the entire Omoluwabi. It is either he was high on black cannabis or he wants to depart this earth without the blessings of our ancestors. He will not only apologise, he will have to appease the dieties for his irrationality. Afonja lost Ilorin for lesser treason. Oba Akinolu must know this.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by abysirius(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Were are the jagaban worshippers..Pls u guys shuld remember Oba Rilwan is tinubus boy and accord him some respect.Before jagaban gets angry..Lagos state is the greatest state ad the heart of southwest..Osun state is should I say the bottom in function,ad position.The least state.. We all know the Heart is more important than the bottom(YANSH)..so the osun king ad his supporters should better calm down..TEAM Akiolu cool
Your brain is vertically inverted grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by suremanpatriot: 10:27am On May 01, 2017
Oba Akiolu is a great and humble man any day. His getting old too am sure he was not in a right mood and reacting to something serious or some ambode misdeeds .

Ambode should stop erecting idols in Lagos like old Benin kingdom . This led to their set back. He should know better tht ppl perish for lac of knowledge of placin idols every corner to mak God's children backslide.
Whatever any caving rep impacts the peoples psyche. E.g Look at the beautiful unity map statue he destroyed in Maryland and replaced it we idols/ritual drums. Wht is tht? Lagosians wake up Fr slobering into idol.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by achieverme(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2017
soberdrunk:
This man is a confirmed "OMO ALE"!! How dare you insult a king, even the Ooni that he disrespected did not insult him, this young man is gambling with his life for cheap popularity......... angry

Akiolu is the actual Omo ale. He has ridiculed himself and "to every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction"

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by farihafaheemah(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2017
Obviously you're not good student of yoruba history. Don't displace your ignorant in the public. The world is global now, you can Google yoruba histry and find the position of Osun: ila orangun ife, Osogbo, Iwo and the rest town in Osun
SIRmanjar:
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by farihafaheemah(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2017
soberdrunk:

What goes around comes around, if you can see what the gentle man said as an insult to your head of white cap chief, then it is an insult to yoruba race what ur king did to Oonirisa too
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Scatterscatter(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

But lagos is the greatest state in the west..A million times greater than osun and oba akiolu rules lagos..if im dey pain anybody make una go crucify oba akiolu for im palace shikena! MY LAGOS IS GREATER DAN OSUN

Power isn't measured by size but by authority!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by salesforce: 10:47am On May 01, 2017
May.be ooni look young to him
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Nobody: 10:48am On May 01, 2017
Somehow down deep in my heart, I am not happy with what Akiolu did to Ooni by snubbing him publicly,but the way Ooni of Ife(Ogunwusi) has trivialize the revered throne of Oduduwa contributed to this unprecedented abysmal display of stupidity by Akiolu.

I am Igbo by ethnicity, I served in Osun state (Olorunda LGA) Osogbo Metropolis between 2008 & 2009 and I have to categorically state that, the Imagery that was painted to us about the great Ooni of Ife throne( under Olubuse) was almost at par with that of God. In fact, to some Yorubas he was divine. I spent a whole year, from Orientation Camp, POP, Primary Assignment during which I lived in Okefia, attended government functions, Osun Osogbo festival ,seminars,political rallies under PDP(Onyilola/ Erelu Obada) regime and even Visited Ooni of Ife's Palace with Other Corpers, but I never Met the Monarch in Person. I only had the opportunity of seeing his entourage which was similar to that of the Governor and even had the Nigerian Flag on his Armoured ride.

Then all of a sudden a new Ooni wears this same crown and the whole thing became a child's play. Ooni Visiting prominent politicians, attending birthday parties, Leading choruses in chapels etc. It got me wondering whether there is a new throne of the ''Ooni of Ife'' apart from the one I knew

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2017
samesco:
why are u showing your ignorance like this?? What do you know about kingship in Yoruba land and the hierarchy of kings?? How can u say Benzema is better than Messi?? Because the last time I checked he plays for d number1 team in the world.. I think this comparison will help u think!!! And stop assuming Lagos is better than Oni of Ife.... So stop your MUmulity!!!
Who is benzema and who is messi?Akiolu is Maradona and pelle put togeder In one man..if akiolu be club side im go be real Madrid oni go be Orlando pirate..And u know the number one club in the world.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by tunchi014(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

... yes u hav been able 2 convince me of how confused u & ex con, sorry i mean ex cop truly ar.. THANK U.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 10:51am On May 01, 2017
tunchi014:
... yes u hav been able 2 convince me of how confused u & ex con, sorry i mean ex cop truly ar.. THANK U.

Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2017
farihafaheemah:

Obviously you're not good student of yoruba history. Don't displace your ignorant in the public. The world is global now, you can Google yoruba histry and find the position of Osun: ila orangun ife, Osogbo, Iwo and the rest town in Osun
Baba live history..History na story..Lets face present and future..Lagos dey global map oshogbo no dey...akiolu is the hottest among the two..Oni Adeyeye ogunwusi dey rule villages oba Rilwane dey rule city..
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2017
AmiJoy:

It's nt abt d states now,,, it's abt d greatest traditionally... If not for d advent of d colonial masters,,, we for no know anytin like state...
Let's respect tradition and give honour to whom honour is due... This life no difficult bt we make it complicated for ourselves
Becos you be gel make I agree with you small, but I sure say u fine ooo?
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 11:13am On May 01, 2017
[quote author=Achiles post=56094511][/quote]

Who be dis runaway mental patience?Oba Rilwan sit down jejely, oni ogunwusi shakespare come offer handshake,im reject the handshake..na crime again?wot if oni just use the hand wipe ass for toilet nko? or im put jazz dia nko?To reject suspicious hand shake no be crime.
I don taya for all this una history sef.I get am before no be property.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by SIRmanjar(m): 11:21am On May 01, 2017
GLOBALINF:

Make oba no here you oo he will thus you into the lagoon.
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by sirhyd85(m): 11:35am On May 01, 2017
who is akinolu to rude to arole oduduwa the ooni of ife himself young mature first class king in yorubaland unlike a retire rude police officer who deserve more mentally treatmext.i am from osun state i can not hide it and im proud of osun.please white cap man akinolu rilwan please ooni is never your mate in terms of many things.go out there and apolog4se
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by Charly68: 11:48am On May 01, 2017
Aaaah! Akinolu ti tanna woro ooo! Which kind wahala this Baba come cause for himself now..these guys are from Europe sending dangerous demeaning messages to the king for his public oprobrium ..
Re: Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message by doublecheif: 11:54am On May 01, 2017
O ga o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aguleri Ofala Festival 2021: Pictures & Video / The Origin Of The Slang "419" And Ghana-must-go(the Bag) / Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.