Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,466 members, 7,968,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 11:58 PM

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan (22205 Views)

Abuja Federal High Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Seize My Assets – Sen Nwaoboshi / "Why FG Can’t Seize My Assets In Nigeria, US, UK, Dubai"- Ekweremadu Tells Court / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Shaev7(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2017
kingthreat:
Jonathan was the biggest presidential mistake ever made in Africa after Idi Amin Dada, Mobutu and Aguiyi Ironsi.
Make them say you comment that's the reason you typed this bunch of Gibberish!
Look at your comparison with GEJ;
Idi Amin, am sure you don't know the difference between Democracy and Military!
Too bad for Nigeria and her few citizens with lack of knowledge of speech with no form of sapiosexuality in them.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by kingthreat(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2017
Shaev7:

Too bad for Nigeria and her few citizens with lack of knowledge of speech with no form of sapiosexuality in them.

Hey you cöck-loving goblin, dont quote me again

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by mensos544: 9:34am On May 01, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Nigeria will never be great until we start having true fedralism and stop the marginalization menace that's been eating deep into the very fabric of our rulers mindset.
Look at ds nonses n baseless thought statement. Is this corrupt man a leader ?

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by kilyguy(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2017
ShySteady:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/corruption-refused-declare-assets-jonathan/
I concur to this statement! When the sole called senate president declared a false asset wetin dem do am?
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by ghandorf: 9:34am On May 01, 2017
GEJ didnt do the right thing at all and is one of the things that lead to his defeat

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Origin(f): 9:34am On May 01, 2017
Maybe its best our 'Leaders' just keep quiet.

No one has the right to refuse declaring their assets. They must be compelled to do so. It is not for their benefit , it is for our benefit.

You cannot just be corruption free, you must be seen as corruption free.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Stevengold(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2017
Does this country have a restart button? We need to restart it. cry cry undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by MrSly(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2017
ShySteady:

It is becoming clear that the real cabals who were frustrated by PMB are now planning to bring GEJ back.
GEJ should go and rest we need virgin politicians. Not GEJ and never never never PMB.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2017
The author should please write on why Oba of idumota refuse to shake the Ooni of ife...since he Sabi write wetin deh people mind

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by lilytender: 9:41am On May 01, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Nigeria will never be great until we start having true fedralism and stop the marginalization menace that's been eating deep into the very fabric of our rulers mindset.

So, it is false federalism and marginalization that made Goatluck to loot our treasury and share it with his gang of 40 thieves under the watch of the puff-puff cheeked world bank house-girl called Ngozi okonjo-Iwealla?
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by hush15: 9:42am On May 01, 2017
junnyjake:
Things you did and did not do while in office. Like seriously??

We are tired of all these and we don't care to know any of it anymore.

This the part where you will know that this isn't Jonathan speaking but an author trying to put some words in the book.

GEJ would never say this. He would have had a contrary opinion....
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by danot1030: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
On campaign ground: How much did Nwobodo stole?

When a president reduces the serious crimes of stealing/corruption to insignificance especially in public, you can only imagine how much of it he participates in.

The crook should actually be ostracised from society.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Nellybii: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
I remember the exact day he made this terrible and shameful statement. It was during one of his media chats and I was watching in a friend's, an Urhobo man(I believe they are the ones who bear Ogene).

I cannot forget the man's reaction when Oga Jo blurted those words out. The man is always hyperactive and sounds like he's angry even when having a normal convo. cheesy

Dude stood up from his seat pointing four fingers at the TV and thundered "NA WHICH KIND MUMU MAN BE THIS!! " while I sat speechless.

I think vanguard didn't even get the quote right. What Jo specifically said was "...if they like, they can insult me from head to toe..." and I thought to myself, "how the hell did this man manage to write a thesis??" His diction is so poor and elementary. embarassed

Don't bother yourself we all know he doesn't have a PHD. Political PHD

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Skseries: 9:56am On May 01, 2017
serverconnect:
GEJ, you really defended yourself on this.
You do not need to bother yourself sir.

The law is clear about it and so, making it public is not issue and I will not play into the hands of people. I have nothing to hide. “I declared under Yar Ádua because he did it, but it is not proper; it is not the president declaring assets that will change the country,” he insisted.
really? And ppl like u didn't let us hear word when pmb avnt declared his, but now the law allows it bcus gej said so? Nawa ooooo I fear ppl o. When u shud condem the guy for not declaring and condem buhari for not making his public. Far as am concerned buhari didn't declare cud what's the use wen we ppl can't read it
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by udees: 10:00am On May 01, 2017
You are quoting the write up--wait very soon you will know that this is not what johnathan said--the author or the person posting this is trying to create an avenue to mock johnathan and your likes would dance and fall for it
omenkaLives:
I remember the exact day he made this terrible and shameful statement. It was during one of his media chats and I was watching in a friend's, an Urhobo man(I believe they are the ones who bear Ogene).

I cannot forget the man's reaction when Oga Jo blurted those words out. The man is always hyperactive and sounds like he's angry even when having a normal convo. cheesy

Dude stood up from his seat pointing four fingers at the TV and thundered "NA WHICH KIND MUMU MAN BE THIS!! " while I sat speechless.

I think vanguard didn't even get the quote right. What Jo specifically said was "...if they like, they can insult me from head to toe..." and I thought to myself, "how the hell did this man manage to write a thesis??" His diction is so poor and elementary. embarassed
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by KennedyIroh: 10:01am On May 01, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Simple english the man no even sabi speak. Just look at that. sad
[/s]
Nonsense
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Skseries: 10:03am On May 01, 2017
Vicolan:
Eventhough if you declare it Sir you won't win the election bcz they perfected the rigging from the northern part of Nigeria by registering underaged citizens to favour the hide and seek President

urrmmm one question sir, I heard buhari contested in the last two elections against Jonathan, there was a north, west and south, and rigging, and we were still Nigerians but yet gej won so what's ur point? The only tin that changed in last election was the card reader which brot a little bit of credibility to the election. If is anytin to go buy, there was less rigging in last election compare to last two due to card reader. Truth is PDP were beaten at their own game. Just accept the fact that election is over and criticize constructively. They never pass budget for almost 5minths now ppl still dey complain of a lost election
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by suremanpatriot: 10:09am On May 01, 2017
Who cares
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by suremanpatriot: 10:10am On May 01, 2017
Bullshit...who cares. Dont bring jonathan matter here to piss ppl off. The wife who is jst a primary sch teacher in govt has $5millon in ngr bank,fr whc source of income?
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Nobody: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
obonujoker:

With the looting Nigerians lived a better life than the rubbish we are living under this accursed man.... why??
just an aftermath of the looting!
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by donblazer10(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2017
ReubenE:
APC sure know how to keep Nigerians busy.
Why the fuss over one useless book written by one Nigerian that is equally part of the failed system.
Whether Jonathan did this or that, will it change us moving forward as a nation? The damage is done already, and the one we voted to change things, where is he?

I honestly think we Nigerians don't really understand what our problems are, or may be we do, but we live in denial.

Maybe this book will be taken seriously when president Buhari declares himself and his assets publicly.
Nigerians are just being manipulated with basic things...nonsense
word!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by waldigit: 10:38am On May 01, 2017
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2017
Shaev7:

What is it bro?
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by obonujoker(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2017
Fourwinds:
I agree with u we have had terrible governments in Nigeria but I don't agree GEJ was good...u didn't feel it then because our oil was sold at #115 to #120 / per barrel.... do u know if GEJ meticulous enough dollar should have gone down to even #80/$1

Yea Jonathan did poorly... I can't argue that... my point is Buhari is doing poorly as well....
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by obonujoker(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2017
gocac:
just an aftermath of the looting!

Is that why things are this expensive??
Is that why there is no salary increase
Is that why education isn't looked into
Is that why security is lacking
Is that why electricity is bad
Is that why there isn't any infrastructural project from this govt....

Even though monies are recovered
Even though fuel subsidy is removed
Even though we pay tax
Even though government collects bank charges on saving accounts
Even though government fined big companies like MTN...

Where was the aftermath after Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo etc looting??
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by abujamal: 10:53am On May 01, 2017
GEJ, father of corruption
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by chronique(m): 10:56am On May 01, 2017
sarrki:
It's because stealing is not corruption

Has the dumbo you voted in, declared his assets publicly? I'm waiting for your answer. If no, give me a reason why he hasn't.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Tecno66: 10:59am On May 01, 2017
ShySteady:

I remember Lai Mohammed as APC spokeman, criticized GEJ for not declaring his assets then. He was right in his criticism but I wonder what the same Lai has to say today if asked why PMB did not declare his assets openly. I wonder the lies old men can tell to put food on the table.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by chronique(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2017
Origin:
Maybe its best our 'Leaders' just keep quiet.

No one has the right to refuse declaring their assets. They must be compelled to do so. It is not for their benefit , it is for our benefit.

You cannot just be corruption free, you must be seen as corruption free.

Read properly. He declared his assets as stipulated by law but not publicly as the law doesn't mandate a public declaration.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by jamislaw(m): 11:04am On May 01, 2017
Oba of corruption him self, stealing is not corruption.
Re: Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan by Carter4luv(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2017
Man of wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herman Hembe Dumps APC For PDP (Photos) / "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari / Answer this question from nnamdi kanu if you think lagos is not no man's land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.