Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,633 members, 7,948,431 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Businesses In Nigeria That Are Now Outdated (the 4th Is Shocking) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses In Nigeria That Are Now Outdated (the 4th Is Shocking) (553 Views)

10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger / 5 Dirty Businesses In Nigeria That Fetch Big Profit / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Businesses In Nigeria That Are Now Outdated (the 4th Is Shocking) by lacemose(m): 2:14am On May 01, 2017
In Nigeria, the economy has been depreciating as the days goes by, many people are suffering the effect badly, while some others are eating fat in the same economy. You may be wondering why this is happening, well that's why I am here to en light you. Investment has been the way out for most people and not the kind of investment that you do for people or time investment, the investment I am talking about here is business investment.
There are some people who venture into different kind of business in Nigeria and wonder why it is not experiencing any form of growth or development, some others even thinks it is a problem from their villages where by their fore fathers committed a crime and it is affecting them now. But that is not the case, it is nothing spiritual at all, the problem comes from the fact that they are doing businesses that is now outdated in Nigeria.
In this article, I will be listing only a few of them, but you can check yours too, if what you are doing is no longer in play..It may be that the business is functioning extremely well in time past or people were making a lot of money then but due to several technological innovations, it cannot function properly anymore.

BUSINESS THAT ARE NOW OUTDATED
TYPE-WRITING BUSINESS:
I started with this because when I was strolling today, I saw one and the woman that was operating the business looked so sad and depressed, she had a bible close to the machine, I don't know if it is placed there for miracles to happen but that kind of miracle don't happen these days. Technological innovations which brought about the use of desktops, laptops, in short computers to type has taken over such business, if she was in the 80's and 90's, I'm very sure she will fare well in Nigeria. But now even when a new born baby is seeing the light of this world he/she is handed a computer or a very good device.
I'm sure even the woman doing that business visits the café once In a while to make her work easier and faster. So if you are doing type writing business in Nigeria, stop immediately or else, you would be broke.

BUSINESS-CENTRE:
: when I say business centre, don't let your mind go too far on that, it may be a different name to you but I call it a business center. A business centre to me is a place on the street where you go and pay just to make calls In minutes, I used it before but not anymore though.
This business was the bomb then when not everyone could afford a phone, but now, even ants on the ground uses phones, when they see crumbs of bread or sugar, the call their guys to come and join them, just kidding...but seriously now, this business is outdated now. And apart from the fact that everybody can afford a phone now, the networks are not making this business sweet again, the calls are so so cheap now and there are so many tariff plan that you can change to if you are not satisfied with the one you are on. Let me use the popular network that we all know MTN, MTN has various tariff that one can migrate to, for longer calls for example mtn pulse is there for you, which charges N6.6 per minute, which means with just 100 naira on your phone, you can call for almost 15 minutes.
Just imagine having that, will you want to still go to a business centre? I'm so sure the answer is no. Even when your airtime us down anywhere, you can easily borrow airtime in any network.
The only people that patronise business centres nowadays are probably people who are travelling and their phones battery is completely down and they have to call someone so urgently.

VIDEO CLUBS:
Video clubs then are for movie lovers. A video club is a place where you go and rent movies for a given time or purchase movies. It is still run by a lot of people, but it is now out dated, the use of satellite dish in houses now has become so rampant that people ignore the need to buy discs to watch movies, satellite installation is now very vert cheap, unlike before that it was for just the wealthy ones alone. The companies even now place people in the streets to dance just to advertise their products lol. It isn't shocking to say that even the people that runs video clubs have satellites in their houses.

Read more @ www.sundayjoe.com/2017/05/businesses-in-nigeria-that-are-now.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Businesses In Nigeria That Are Now Outdated (the 4th Is Shocking) by Ajewealth123(m): 2:23am On May 01, 2017
Type writing business is still very much in vogue.
Court
Police station

Bros affidavit, typing, particulars.
Na so dem dey always do am for my side.
There are some document you can't do with a computer unless you type them with a typewriter

(1) (Reply)

Business Partner Needed In Ibadan / I Need This Handheld Electric Saw / Call For Your Wallpaper Expert....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.