Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh (1369 Views)

Tony Momoh: Jonathan Never Resigned Because Of Insecurity, Buhari Won't Resign / Tony Momoh: Obasanjo, Shagari, Yar’adua, Jonathan Never Wanted To Be President / SGF: Again, Buhari Fails To Play Father Figure — OHANAEZE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2017
The minister of communication, Adebayo Shittu, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan never symbolised anything for Nigeria unlike President Muhammadu Buhari who is a father figure that is ever ready to take Nigeria to a greater height. Shittu adebayo Shittu, made the remark known to newsmen (Tribune), while reiterating the reason why Nigerians would beg Buhari to run for 2019 presidential election, cum his chances of getting Oyo state’s All Progressives Congress governorship ticket with about 16 others.

According to him, “We still have two years. But I want to assure you that by the grace of God, we would urge him to seek re-election because it is only once in a while that you get a father figure for a nation to move forward and attain greatness.

“He is unlike former President Goodluck Jonathan, who never, with due respect, symbolised anything for the country. “Buhari’s body language is enough to compel people to do things rightly. In the area of finances, electricity and others. A lot of people have had to sit up even before he speaks. So, we need the Buhari father figure for a length of time for the country to get its act right to attain greatness under his leadership.

However, Shittu, pointing at the number coming for APC’S Oyo’s governoship ticket he said, “I don’t get upset by the number. I expect we will have many more. But, I know that there are so many upstarts who only want attention for the purpose of either going to the Senate or the House of Representatives or getting commissionership eventually.

Speaking further he said, “When the time comes, men will emerge and the boys will be separated. If you look at the records, I am the most senior in age among all the so-called governorship hopefuls. I am the most senior in terms of the years of commencement to politics. I started politics in 1979, after I had become a lawyer already. I became a member of the state House of Assembly as a fresh lawyer. “So, if I was already a lawyer in 1979 before starting a political journey, you would agree with me that, looking at the records of all others, with due respect t

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/buhari-father-figure-jonathan-never-symbolized-anything-nigeria/
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2017
Anyday anytime Pmb is far ahead of Gej

Baba is an Elder statesman

Get well soon baba

God bless you Mr president

Enemies of state over to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by mejai(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2017
don't u think it is better we have d 'clueless' one der and everybody eats well, buy fuel and no suicide mission THAN having dat bonga-stock fish in aso villa? u don't eat(though u r a paid BMC grin) and suicide is on d rise.

ur oga hasn't done anything since assuming office. Resign he no gree.

Ndi ara!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by FriendNG: 12:07pm On May 01, 2017
Ebi like say Buhari is a heart attack to some people.
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by eyeview: 12:09pm On May 01, 2017
Buhari symbolises our ancestors. We respect them because they are in the past, Nigeria made the mistake of bringing one of the leaders who was better off as an ancestor into it's present. And that ancestor has done what any ancestor would do, taking the people many decades back to his era.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by CallMeNJay: 12:10pm On May 01, 2017
If you are On TOP

You Must be the TOPic

There must be Something So Special in GEJ

2 Yrs Gone, Still the Topic of Discus

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Nkem4040: 12:11pm On May 01, 2017
sarrki:
[s]The minister of communication, Adebayo Shittu, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan never symbolised anything for Nigeria unlike President Muhammadu Buhari who is a father figure that is ever ready to take Nigeria to a greater height. Shittu adebayo Shittu, made the remark known to newsmen (Tribune), while reiterating the reason why Nigerians would beg Buhari to run for 2019 presidential election, cum his chances of getting Oyo state’s All Progressives Congress governorship ticket with about 16 others.

According to him, “We still have two years. But I want to assure you that by the grace of God, we would urge him to seek re-election because it is only once in a while that you get a father figure for a nation to move forward and attain greatness.

“He is unlike former President Goodluck Jonathan, who never, with due respect, symbolised anything for the country. “Buhari’s body language is enough to compel people to do things rightly. In the area of finances, electricity and others. A lot of people have had to sit up even before he speaks. So, we need the Buhari father figure for a length of time for the country to get its act right to attain greatness under his leadership.

However, Shittu, pointing at the number coming for APC’S Oyo’s governoship ticket he said, “I don’t get upset by the number. I expect we will have many more. But, I know that there are so many upstarts who only want attention for the purpose of either going to the Senate or the House of Representatives or getting commissionership eventually.

Speaking further he said, “When the time comes, men will emerge and the boys will be separated. If you look at the records, I am the most senior in age among all the so-called governorship hopefuls. I am the most senior in terms of the years of commencement to politics. I started politics in 1979, after I had become a lawyer already. I became a member of the state House of Assembly as a fresh lawyer. “So, if I was already a lawyer in 1979 before starting a political journey, you would agree with me that, looking at the records of all others, with due respect t

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/buhari-father-figure-jonathan-never-symbolized-anything-nigeria[/s]/

Afonjas whether the minister or the OP...same people!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by eyeview: 12:12pm On May 01, 2017
sarrki:
Anyday anytime Pmb is far ahead of Gej

Baba is an Elder statesman

Get well soon baba

God bless you Mr president

Enemies of state over to you

Young man, ever since you registered on nairaland and started wishing Buhari your blessings and get-well-soon messages, his health has gone from bad to worse to worst. Please don't ever pray for me or wish me anything. Thank you

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by drss2(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2017
d man GEJ still giving dis pipul sleepless nights even after two years leaving power. a sign dat they ar still very much intimidated by his achievements. something they can only dream of. their constant attemp to compare their dullard with GEJ at every giving opportunity shows dat d dullard is notin but mere mediocre. d rate of hunger n insecurity currently ravaging d con3 is a testament to buari's directionless govt.
no matter how they try to malign GEJ, history will never associate his govt with HUNGER n SUFFERING like buari's regime.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Kingspin(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2017
One don't have to become an App for politician. I mean human being should be better than animal at least for once. Lashing the ex president when the current one is yet to make any major impact in the lives of Nigerians. Enough of this blind and childish supporters left and right.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2017
CallMeNJay:
If you are On TOP

You Must be the TOPic

There must be Something So Special in GEJ

2 Yrs Gone, Still the Topic of Discus

Gej so the greatest enemy of the south east

I wonder why all the support

Infrastructural development in Southeast zero i:e second Niger bridge zero

Sacked Stella oduah

Sacked iherjika the first chief of army staff produced by southeast

So why all the support
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2017
eyeview:

Young man, ever since you registered on nairaland and started wishing Buhari your blessings and get-well-soon messages, his health has gone from bad to worse to worst. Please don't ever pray for me or wish me anything. Thank you

Spotted
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Beadex1(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2017
Yes he is a father figure that's why people don't really rate education again but fate or grace because of our president non-existing waec certificate.
yes he is father figure that is why he wants to rule us from the house and when other people want to copy his style of governance you will complain
yes he is a father figure thats why all the northern states have the highest numbers of accepted/qualified applicants for the DSS job
yes he is a father figure thats why he cant address the nation since he came back from his sick leave
yes he is a father figure thats why the minimum wage is still 18k but prices of goods and services have tripled under his watch

Oh what a father figure !!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by ephi123(f): 12:18pm On May 01, 2017
After 4 years, I wonder who they will blame.

Leaders that cannot take responsibility when they ought to.
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 01, 2017
The piper will always dictate the tune for the dancer...talk bad of your employee and sack letter go wait you ...minister I understand your position...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Celcius: 12:18pm On May 01, 2017
Hmmmm... Father that cannot address his people on worker's day.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by greatgod2012(f): 12:18pm On May 01, 2017
eyeview:

grin

TKO

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:20pm On May 01, 2017
greatgod2012:

grin

TKO

Sis E pain you

grin grin
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by greatgod2012(f): 12:20pm On May 01, 2017
Celcius:
Hmmmm...
Father that cannot address his people on worker's day.

Is that one a father

Lol....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by ephi123(f): 12:20pm On May 01, 2017
greatgod2012:

Is that one a father

Lol....
cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by SalamRushdie: 12:20pm On May 01, 2017
2years later they still cant stop comparing Buhari with Jonathan despite Buharis uneventful, colorless and bland leadership

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by deji68: 12:21pm On May 01, 2017
Well Mr shittu, there is a saying "unimportant people speak about important people"....After 2 years GEJ is still so important that u still speak about him... oma she oooo grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by greatgod2012(f): 12:24pm On May 01, 2017
sarrki:

Sis E pain you

grin grin

I honestly pity you! I don't envy this your work at at all at all!
Defending the undefendable is such a great task!
I pray you find a much easier job!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by greatgod2012(f): 12:28pm On May 01, 2017
ephi123:
After 4 years, I wonder who they will blame.

Leaders that cannot take responsibility when they ought to.

They've forgotten the saying that..........'you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by ephi123(f): 12:29pm On May 01, 2017
greatgod2012:

They've forgotten the saying that..........'you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance "

Exactly.

They should please print out that quote and read it each morning!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2017
ephi123:

Exactly.

They should please print out that quote and read it each morning!

By who ?

Is it biblical?

By a mere mortal?

God is with Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by youngG10(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2017
o ye baba buhari..our father....God bless you, the haters gon' keep on hating...and keep on suffering from the agony of jealousy till the day they die hating
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by Ngokafor(f): 12:46pm On May 01, 2017
eyeview:

..chai!! grin grin
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by ephi123(f): 12:48pm On May 01, 2017
sarrki:

By who ?

Is it biblical?

By a mere mortal?

God is with Muhammadu Buhari

Actually sarrki, you need 2 copies of that quote:

1. you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance

2. you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by sarrki(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2017
ephi123:

Actually sarrki, you need 2 copies of that quote:

1. you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance

2. you're not yet a failure until you start blaming another person for your nonperformance

Is it biblical?

Yes or No ?
Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by criminalmindz: 12:51pm On May 01, 2017
dream on man! the sit has rejected another northern muslim like in 2007. buhari is on his way out even 1 million satan cannot stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Father Figure While Jonathan Never Symbolized Nothing For Nigeria-sh by ephi123(f): 12:52pm On May 01, 2017
sarrki:

Is it biblical?

Yes or No ?

Is Nairaland biblical? Yes or No?
If No, what are you doing here?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Punch Newspaper Headlines [27 May, 2017]. / INEC Receive Petition Recalling Dino Malaye On Wednesday / See The Shameful World Class Bridge Bayelsa Govt, Just Commissioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.