Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:16 AM

Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In (1719 Views)

UNBELIEVABLE! Wizkid "Ghetto Love" Hits USA Itunes Top 10 Chart / Wizkid Makes Up With Fan He Fought At The Club (video) / Drake Acknowledges Wizkid's "Come Closer" After Nigerians Blasted Him (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by Cheatpop: 4:44pm On May 01, 2017
Despite the ruckus that greeted ‘Come Closer’, Wizkid’s new musical video over the absence of Drake, the video continues to be a major breakthrough for Nigeria’s Starboy.
As at today, April 29, 2017, ‘Come Closer’ has garnered more views than his old hits, including ‘Holla at Your Boy’, ‘In My Bed’ and ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ with over 8.6million views making the video Wizkid’s fifth most viewed music video.
‘Come Closer’ first broke an African record when it got it’s first million views just 24 hours after its release on April 6, and it’s remained the ‘fastest growing’ video by Wizzy.

Perhaps, Nigerians’ disappointment with Drake’s absence is not misplaced, as the video would have had some additional significant millions.
But notwithstanding, ‘Come Closer’ has performed creditably thus far and it shouldn’t be long before it becomes Wizkid’s highest viewed video.

WATCH VIDEO AND PICTURES HERE

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by femolacqua(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2017
Nice one Wizzy

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by funkymoore: 5:23pm On May 01, 2017
Weldone

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by safarigirl(f): 6:53pm On May 01, 2017
The top two most viewed African Music videos on YouTube are:

P-square- Personally (73 million)

Yemi Alade- Johnny....(66 million)

4 Likes

Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2017
Star boy dey here.
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 7:47pm On May 01, 2017
safarigirl:

Was all that view in less than 6 month??
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by SIRmanjar(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2017
safarigirl:

You don't mean it..Personally ad johnny.hhmmm,and both music doesn't make sense like that..Especially johnny

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by safarigirl(f): 11:22pm On May 01, 2017
YungJo207:

Was all that view in less than 6 month??
lots of videos start strong, but lose steam eventually.

Just telling you the record he has to beat. BTW, Neither of those songs needed foreign collaborations
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2017
safarigirl:
lots of videos start strong, but lose steam eventually.

Just telling you the record he has to beat. BTW, Neither of those songs needed foreign collaborations

This doesn't answer my question sir....did they get those views in less than 2month sef?? Yes or No
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by safarigirl(f): 11:44pm On May 01, 2017
YungJo207:

This doesn't answer my question sir....did they get those views in less than 2month sef?? Yes or No
first off, not every moniker here is male. I am not a 'sir'

Secondly, I have given your oga the standard he is to beat, you can quote me when he gets there.

That is how one fanatic was arguing with me that Diamond's song will exceed Bank Alert in views. Fast forward today and the meteoric rise stagnated
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 6:23am On May 02, 2017
safarigirl:
first off, not every moniker here is male. I am not a 'sir'

Secondly, I have given your oga the standard he is to beat, you can quote me when he gets there.

That is how one fanatic was arguing with me that Diamond's song will exceed Bank Alert in views. Fast forward today and the meteoric rise stagnated

Sorry ma pls Yes or No....just answer make devil shame na Lol.....Nigerians we can cover something up ehn, those songs got lot of views no doubt but them no born any of them papa well to come out and tell us that he or she got those views in less than 2month imaging the video was release like April sef and this is just May 2nd.....abeg give honor to who honor is due to.
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by coolcatty: 9:16am On May 02, 2017
YungJo207:

Sorry ma pls Yes or No....just answer make devil shame na Lol.....Nigerians we can cover something up ehn, those songs got lot of views no doubt but them no born any of them papa well to come out and tell us that he or she got those views in less than 2month imaging the video was release like April sef and this is just May 2nd.....abeg give honor to who honor is due to.

Bank alert by psquare broke more records in 24hrs set....90% of those that watched the video in its first week of release did so because we all thought Drake was in the video not that the song was that melodious....
She is not debating with u ogbeni Afonja....all she is saying is that so many videos start like wizkid's own and lose steam midway....her point is that we should reevaluate and measure this feat of wizkid in a month or two.....look at runtown's mad over you.the video stagnated for weeks self during its release but itvhas soared.
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2017
coolcatty:

Bank alert by psquare broke more records in 24hrs set....90% of those that watched the video in its first week of release did so because we all thought Drake was in the video not that the song was that melodious....
She is not debating with u ogbeni Afonja....all she is saying is that so many videos start like wizkid's own and lose steam midway....her point is that we should reevaluate and measure this feat of wizkid in a month or two.....look at runtown's mad over you.the video stagnated for weeks self during its release but itvhas soared.

I could have argue with you on that bank alert video ish but let me point out to you an not a Yoruba you racist fool, shey na by force to comment abi who even drag your smelling mouth enter the talk...it funny how we see Nigerians treated outside the country and we complain meanwhile we do worst....mention me again and I'll lay a curse nlon you to teach you a little lesson that not everybody is just anybody idiot na everybody be Afonja for una side retarded racist.
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by coolcatty: 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
YungJo207:

I could have argue with you on that bank alert video ish but let me point out to you an not a Yoruba you racist fool, shey na by force to comment abi who even drag your smelling mouth enter the talk...it funny how we see Nigerians treated outside the country and we complain meanwhile we do worst....mention me again and I'll lay a curse nlon you to teach you a little lesson that not everybody is just anybody idiot na everybody be Afonja for una side retarded racist.

First of all you are a bleeding ill trained iiidoiot...miserable foool with no iota of home training.....empty clunkhead....show where I called u a tribalist Mr I too know all....dull monkey that doesn't know the meaning of ogbeni Afonja........you are a morrooon and I have replied u.......spew the rubbish ineffective curse from that untrained tongue of yours let's see who will survive till midnight.
Re: Unbelievable: Wizkid Makes History With “come Closer”…. He’s Indeed The King In by YungJo207(m): 2:53pm On May 02, 2017
coolcatty:

First of all you are a bleeding ill trained iiidoiot...miserable foool with no iota of home training.....empty clunkhead....show where I called u a tribalist Mr I too know all....dull monkey that doesn't know the meaning of ogbeni Afonja........you are a morrooon and I have replied u.......spew the rubbish ineffective curse from that untrained tongue of yours let's see who will survive till midnight.

OK you can go, wetin go beat you likr small pikin dey your front. Correction since you no go school.

It idiot not idoiot.

(1) (Reply)

IG Big Boy, Hushpuppi Buys Himself 2 Suits Worth N6.6 Millon (photos) / Dayo Amusa Sparks Relationship Rumour With New Guy / Top 60 Young Entrepreneurs In Ghana And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.