Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:41 AM

Entrepreneur Spotlight: Ibiso Solar CEO Ibiso Solar Fashion Label - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneur Spotlight: Ibiso Solar CEO Ibiso Solar Fashion Label (408 Views)

Victoria Beckham Fashion Label Going Down The Drain!! / Lily Adeleye: 5-Year-old Daughter Of Courtney Adeleye Is CEO Of Hair Accessories / Nnamdi Ezeigbo – CEO Of SLOT, Infinix And Tecno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entrepreneur Spotlight: Ibiso Solar CEO Ibiso Solar Fashion Label by Beabeth(f): 9:24am On May 02, 2017
I was born in Port Harcourt into a family of girls and wad given the name Ibiso meaning Heavens Good Fortune by my most eldest sister because I was born in time of affluence; comfort and life was with me being dotted on as the last child.

When I was 9 years old my parents began to witness challenges with finances which led my sisters and I to start hawking on the streets of Port Harcourt inorder to support the family.
I graduated in 1999 with a degree in Physics Education. Back then in school I'll assist friends to pick clothes to wear and how to match which surprising I've always loved even as a younger child. After my graduation in 1999 I got blessed with my Husband in 2000.
From my early years I'd always wanted to be an entrepreneur. I tried my hands in different things which failed. At a point in time I retained clothes, shoes etc from my friends to retail. I also started a butchery in Port-Harcourt which I had to close down due to my husband's transfer to Lagos.
With my Education background and love for children, I decided to attend a Montessori Training programme to develop the skill to teach younger children and ultimately to start a school. I picked up an assignment in a school in Ikeja GRA, I enjoyed teaching. With this I still felt something was missing.
Friends, colleagues and generally anyone who came in contact with me noticed my fashion sense. I tried styling people who will call me to ask what they can wear and what accessories to use. As I assisted more people, I remember friends asking me "what are you doing in the classroom?" As time went by it became clearer to take fashion as a business with the encouragement of my husband.

I resigned from my teaching job in June 2014, cleared up my garage, bought machine and employed a tailor. Ibiso Solar fashion label began in September 2014.

http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/04/entrepreneur-spotlight-ibiso-solar-ceo.html

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Make INSANE Money With A Dropshipping Business Without Any Investment / Trusted Bitcoin Sellers Urgently Needed / How Nigerians Invested Over N28.7bn, Lost N11.9bn In Crashed MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.