Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,224 members, 7,974,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:13 PM

Help I Need An Advice On A Phd Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help I Need An Advice On A Phd Program (473 Views)

Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / What A Phd Is And What It Is Not / Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need An Advice On A Phd Program by Souqwaqif: 9:13pm On May 02, 2017
Dear House please I got a 3.28 in my masters degree program and I was told that I will need nothing less than 4.0 to be admitted into PhD program,please is there any remedial program I can do for a year that will serve as leverage to enable me get admitted into the Phd program,or what do I do? thanks
Re: Help I Need An Advice On A Phd Program by emmahoney(m): 7:13am On May 03, 2017
Souqwaqif:
Dear House please I got a 3.28 in my masters degree program and I was told that I will need nothing less than 4.0 to be admitted into PhD program,please is there any remedial program I can do for a year that will serve as leverage to enable me get admitted into the Phd program,or what do I do? thanks
To the best of my knowledge, you will be allowed to start M. Phil /PhD programme. After a year you can then do conversion exam. And if you meet up with at least 60%, your programme would be converted to PhD programme. It should be noted that the above is mostly applicable to Nigerian Universities.

Conversely, Universities in abroad can admit you to start PhD programme directly.

(1) (Reply)

Female Final Year Student Dies After Final Exam In Maiduguri / 357 Prison Inmates To Write UTME / Cost Of Masters Program In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.