Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine (18990 Views)

Coronavirus: House Of Reps Bans Open Worships, Visitors To NASS / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by freshinko: 5:12pm On May 04, 2017
Finally, Ortom don grow balls. Hurray!!!

2 Likes

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by egopersonified(f): 5:15pm On May 04, 2017
they are going to make cow meat so expensive now
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 04, 2017
The reaction is spreading. Akwa Ibom too is fed up, and will now import 2000 cows. That's what happens when a pure business gets politicized. Watch for more reactions as the Southern states and North Central states start protecting theirancestral lands from the evil ethnic cleansing called grazing reserve in all its forms. #CommercialRanching

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 04, 2017
egopersonified:
Then eat chicken or even mushrooms. Mushrooms taste just like meat. If meat being expensive will stop the slaughter of human beings, then so be it.

4 Likes

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by egopersonified(f): 5:22pm On May 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Then eat chicken or even mushrooms. Mushrooms taste just like meat. If meat being expensive will stop the slaughter of human beings, then so be it.

I am actually in the poultry industry, so its good for my business.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Becomeone: 5:22pm On May 04, 2017
This is what Gov Ortom should have done since.I hope he sign it because i don't whether he is afraid of Buhari or APC. I don't know what Benue people has done to buhari since he sworn in his brothers just the unleashing terror on my people

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Blue3k(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2017
egopersonified:

That also means it will encourage more ranch by the laws of supply and demand. Then there are alternatives to cow meat like goats, chicken and pork. Short term pain long term benefit to kill the herdsmen business economicly.

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by malton: 5:26pm On May 04, 2017
igbodefender:

On point.

Thankfully, chicken is even less expensive in my state.

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 04, 2017
does benue state even have police?
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 04, 2017
Waiting for Delta State.
Those Fulani herdsman sometimes think with the sticks they do carry,sorry,I meant to say the AK-47 they are carrying.That is why they are so blood-thirsty.
How can a sane person shepherd his cattle to graze in residential area?
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 04, 2017
#YesToCommercialRanching #NoToGrazingReserve
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Themonster: 6:00pm On May 04, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Everything on the forum who seeks to get noticed now inputs omenkalives into their post. How do i respond to this nonsense Now?
[/s]
but he's saying the truth naa

at least be happy for once with this good news bro
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by phoenix90(m): 6:01pm On May 04, 2017
Benue people good morning!!!!
Other states please don't wake up from this magani induced sleep. Fulani AK47 will wake you up with a lullaby
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by NSK4U(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2017
DONSMITH123:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/04/breaking-benue-bans-open-grazing-cattle-stipulates-5-year-jail-term-n1m-fine-offenders/
And Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi the governor of Enugu state is still dumb and toying with people's lives after their havoc at some parts of Enugu. Instead of taking leadership step like Ekiti state & Benue, he is relaxed, claiming democracy & hoping on vigilantes. Sir Ugwuanyi, Abeg ENUGU STATE DOESN'T WANT ANOTHER TYPE OF JONATHAN WHO WILL JUST SIT-DOWN AND MOP AT INCESSANT KILLINGS & RAPING OF OUR WOMEN ONLY TO APPEAR AFTERWARDS IN THE MEDIA WITH SAD FACE.

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by nonsobaba: 6:14pm On May 04, 2017
ettybaba:
That's a good one.
Fulani are planning to take over the whole Nigeria through their military arm disguising as herdsmen.
It is time the south come together and fight her common enemy which is the jihadist north.
Congratulations to the good people of Benue.
NB
Why are governors from the east not taking this step to stop killing and raping by the killer fulani herdsmen in their state? Bunch of chest beating COWards.
I believe you are referring to the coward governor ugwuanyi of enugu state. Too much fat around his ears may have made him too deaf to hear the daily screams of enugu people as fulani herdsmen chop the heads, hands and legs of his people.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Maeka(m): 6:23pm On May 04, 2017
Kogi state take note and learn from FFK and Benue state government
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Mcreloaded(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2017
Thank God for Fayose slead I only hope the leaders in the east and south south will do the same before buhati gets well other wise it will be too late
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by chiraqDemon(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2017
I just hope akwa ibom, delta and other states will follow suit cos we need this law to bring back order. Let them buy their land and graze their cattle there instead of entering farms that ppl have worked hard to cultivate
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by pokipoki: 6:39pm On May 04, 2017
Hmmmm. After thousands of lives and million in Naira in property has been destroyed. There is a big difference in passing laws and implementing them. I hope benue state has the will power to follow this through.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 04, 2017
it's not the making of rules that's the problem in nigeria it's enforcing it, nigerians enjoys breaking rules anyway so I ask will it work? will the rules be respected? some nigerians believes that they are above the law
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Blue3k(m): 7:05pm On May 04, 2017
gypsey:
it's not the making of rules that's the problem in nigeria it's enforcing it, nigerians enjoys breaking rules anyway so I ask will work? will the rules be respected? some nigerians believes that they are above the law

Lets ask are these rules being enforced in Ekiti. If the answer is yes then don't worry.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 04, 2017
Blue3k:

Lets ask are these rules being enforced in Ekiti. If the answer is yes then don't worry.
let's hope so because the arrogance of this Fulani herdsmen is becoming problematic.

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Mikkoloo(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2017
I am not sure if I understand the fine.
Is it 500,00 or 500,000?
Needs somebody's help.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Omeokachie: 7:12pm On May 04, 2017
Will Ortum finally get to smell the coffee?

This is a bill the executive ought to have initiated, but since the governor is more interested in being in the good books of powers that be at the villa, he has watched while his people are butchered.

I hope he can summon the courage and do what is right for his people while leaving aside his political dividends.

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by ladychioma: 7:36pm On May 04, 2017
Very good
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 04, 2017
It doesnt change anything if the police are not ready to apprehend the herdsmen when they strike.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 04, 2017
DONSMITH123:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/04/breaking-benue-bans-open-grazing-cattle-stipulates-5-year-jail-term-n1m-fine-offenders/

What have you been waiting for since?
Next step, constitute the task force with civil vigilante, police and civil defence well armed and mobile.
The Civil vigilante should be allowed a free hand and viola, your problems are over.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by bluediesel03: 7:47pm On May 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
First good news from Benue in 2 years
Omenka can now come home.. ..Please let him know. ..I'm a concern brother

1 Like

Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by tundejulius(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2017
i don't no why it take the government to take very good decision and action like this must a good number of them be killed be for the government and the house of assembly pass the law ?
why wait till this time be for the government have the political will to take such step well for me taking quick decisions to prevent number of people kill is best.best of luck.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by SalamRushdie: 8:28pm On May 04, 2017
bluediesel03:
Omenka can now come home.. ..Please let him know. ..I'm a concern brother

cheesy
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 04, 2017
Enugu and Ebonyi should follow suit asp, because these are states next to Benue. They will want to start moving their cattle to these two states, if nothing is done. These assholes will always want to go for soft target if you get tough on them. Hope Ugwuanyi and Umahi are up to game.
Re: Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2017
All states should pass similar bill to law. Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: No Credible Candidate Besides Buhari – Ortom / Saraki Receives 5000 Youths From APC In Ilorin (Photos) / FIRS Breaks All-time Record, Generates N5.3trn In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.