Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,685 members, 7,905,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger (14686 Views)

Buhari Leading A Protest During Goodluck Jonathan's Government (Throwback Photo) / Apostle Suleman: Jonathan's Government Stole A Lot Of Money / "Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by sandraa(f): 11:32am On May 05, 2017
positivetaught:
I taught the contract for the dredging of river Niger was awarded by yar'adua,pls can anyone recollect precisely?, let's checkmate the propaganda.

yes it was awarded by Yaradua..... he died during the start of the project.
jonathan concluded the project.... but he was suppose to do a maintenace job to keep the dredged area dredged.
he failed to maintain a job that billions was spent on .....

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by tutudesz: 11:32am On May 05, 2017
sandraa:
i worked on that project in 2009 with one of the company mentioned.
it is very true that amount of money was spent for the dredging of the River Niger.
the problem was that there should have been maintenance job every year concurrently to maintain the dredged part of the river niger.
but trust our government with the spirit of waste.....they did not pay for it... and so the river is filled with sand again... and it needs to be dredged all over again.

i think i wrote about this in 2009 about the wastefulness of government.
But can N100m dredge River Niger?

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by invisibeTroll: 11:32am On May 05, 2017
agbangam:
Jonaaaaaaaaaaa d Crook

Bros 2015 is long gone, I'm pretty sure this lame comment would have earned you over 300 likes in 2015. They have been in government for almost 2 years with no substantive growth or development to show.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by henocherry18: 11:33am On May 05, 2017
crackerspub:
Amaechi sometimes when you talk i think its a woman that is talking

Keep on blaming GEJ, first half is almost over and second half would soon start and yet no tangible development

come 2019 you are out madam

Madam Rotimi Ameachi

Pls that you hate the man does not mean he should not say the truth. He mans transport ministry and he should be able to tell you what had happened and what is happening in the sector. He is not saying they are going to probe the contract but, only making a reference. This man happens to be one of the most active ministers in Buhari regime
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by CarlosTheJackal: 11:34am On May 05, 2017
dumie:
This has become stale... We're tired of Jonathan did this and that do yours
hope you saw your frien above acting like that same Amaechi grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by sandraa(f): 11:36am On May 05, 2017
This Country is a Jhoke!!!!!

I remember the flagging off the river niger project in Sept 2009 and the late yaradua was there to flag off the project.
people were happy because they ve been told that if the river niger is dredged that it will boost the economy, it will bring goods directly to their doorsteps
so many people were in attendance.

Today the project has been abandoned after spending so much money!!!!!!!!

My question is y do nigerian govt like to waste money why why why??

The contract of the project was tha their will be capital dredging for one year and maintenace for two years before the actuall result can be seen.
but trust the govt they spent money for capital dredging and decided to abandon maintenace!

This is the technical waste of money from their decision;

1. after the capital dredging, if the maintenace is not done , what has been dredged will go back to where it was at the first place

for those that dont understand the dredging process let me explain more;
dredging is the process of removing debris, sand, from navigational route in the river, this debris and sand makes navigation of all types of water transportation impossible.
so the govt plan was to make river niger a means of transportation in the coutry by dredging it and building ports along the river for barges and small ships, boats, ferries to be able to work perfectly well!

2. The money spent on the initial capital dredging becomes a waste because what you are paying to remove is back to square one!

PDP is a failed party that dont ve the people at heart but their own selfish interest.
if we are sincere to our selves from what you know and what i know you will all tell your selves the truth, because we cant be lend by people without vision or purpose in life, this few men dont care about the majority but just the few that will benefit from their office.

I will always take lagos as an instance that if lagos can be worked on i dnt think nigeria cant be!, all we need is somebody with a mindset to make nigeria work!
GEJ is not our man because the people around him cant and wont let him do the work, if per adventure he wins the election nigeria will be the same for the next 4 years! (pls quote me)

Who will you vote for?

i posted this some years ago!
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 11:52am On May 05, 2017
marticeus:
Did GEJ awarded a dredging contract for that amount mentioned by Amaechi and was contract executed. Very simple question and simple answer, some people are just playing around the bush making us to believe that GEJ didn't do anything. Gej associates should quickly give us the answers and stop malignanlng Amaechi. G

Are you minding fooooools? They cannot address the issue Amaechi raised. That N34b went into thing-air and no single milestone to account for it. When we say GEJ stole us blind, they will say it is hatred. At least the shippers association is also challenging and demanding the evidence of that expenditure
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 11:53am On May 05, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... If actually we have dredgers owned by NIWA lying idle in PH as claimed by Amaechi and it wasn't used by the former administration and another contract was awarded for a new sets then something most be wrong with our system. These practices are what usually gives room for colossal corruption.

Read well Bro, those dredgers lying idle in PH (and rented to a private coy) are what was retrieved and being used for the current project
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 11:55am On May 05, 2017
positivetaught:
I taught the contract for the dredging of river Niger was awarded by yar'adua,pls can anyone recollect precisely?, let's checkmate the propaganda.

Then stand by the side if you have no fact to prove a piont. It is on record that the contract was awarded N43b in 2011 and N34b paid out. When you have evidence to the contrary, come back
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 11:56am On May 05, 2017
sandraa:
i worked on that project in 2009 with one of the company mentioned.
it is very true that amount of money was spent for the dredging of the River Niger.
the problem was that there should have been maintenance job every year concurrently to maintain the dredged part of the river niger.
but trust our government with the spirit of waste.....they did not pay for it... and so the river is filled with sand again... and it needs to be dredged all over again.

i think i wrote about this in 2009 about the wastefulness of government.

...not that I'm doubting.....but this your story get k-Leg or may be not well articulated. You cannot dredge a river and less that 3yrs, sand will have back-filled it again........
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by aolawale025: 11:57am On May 05, 2017
This is another one of APC diversion strategy to take the focus off their failed government

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2017
mapet:

Read well Bro, those dredgers lying idle in PH (and rented to a private coy) are what was retrieved and being used for the current project
... That's what I am saying too. But the previous administration see them as not useful. Now look at the amount that has been saved for using them.
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by MasterChen: 12:10pm On May 05, 2017
omenkaLives:
That other person above sounds like a typical LiePob illiterate. The diction alone gives them away no matter what disguise they put on.

Asking me if I dont sleep after reading a comment I made at "past 6am". Goes to tell you the kind of ignorant kids that populate these boards these days. cheesy

Anyway, just here to see how the slaves of the ineffectual buffoon come demonstrate their loyalty to their slave master.

@ MasterChen: had to go back to that gif once more, shìt still cracked me up this morning. Four hundred plus and counting! cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by oloriooko(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2017
Very soon the king that knows not Joseph will come into power
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Charly68: 12:31pm On May 05, 2017
34b naira and no work done ,only God knows how some people will end their life ..their callous attitude in power should better be forgotten than Remembered​
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 12:36pm On May 05, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... That's what I am saying too. But the previous administration see them as not useful. Now look at the amount that has been saved for using them.

Oh.......right
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Sunnyja: 12:59pm On May 05, 2017
9jatriot:
For a man that kept his promise on the Abuja airport runway and delivered before schedule, I am ready to give him the benefit of doubt.
Unable to complete a monorail project for 8years after billions of naira was "well spended"
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Icon79(m): 1:47pm On May 05, 2017
Question for Rotimi Amaechi, so what happens to the original 34million naira? Do you have any plans to recover that money since the job wasn't done?

O pari
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by dumie(f): 2:02pm On May 05, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
hope you saw your frien above acting like that same Amaechi grin

Which of my friends are you talking about?
Pls leave me out of your lane

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by sandraa(f): 2:02pm On May 05, 2017
mapet:

...not that I'm doubting.....but this your story get k-Leg or may be not well articulated. You cannot dredge a river and less that 3yrs, sand will have back-filled it again........

you should do your research dear!
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Nellybii: 2:44pm On May 05, 2017
Splashme:
Technocrats are way much better than career politicians when it comes to govt appointments.

Buhari flooding his cabinet with 98% career politicians was the first major sign his govt would be a woefully failure

All that most Nigerian career politicians appointees do in office is play politics with everything, tell Lies, lies and more lies, sponsor propaganda and blackmail opposition. WHY WOULD THE COUNTRY NOT BE IN RECESSION?

And Jonathan appointed technocrats like Dieziani right??
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by wink2015(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2017
I wish this 34 billion naira River Niger dredging contracts that the government of President Jonathan used to swindle the Nigerian state was included in the book that is Authored by Mr Segun Adeniyi. "AGAINST THE RUN OF THE PLAY"

Every day with new revelation against the person of Ex-President Jonathan.

What punishment are we really going to give to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for trading the Nigerian project in Jankara market!

There are so many dirty deals that President Jonathan got himself involved in Nigeria and overseas. Go to the carribean countries and read of how Jonathan bought properties in St Kitts Island, Grenada Island. Barbados, Bahamas Island.

More will be revealed to the surprised of Nigeria.

Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of Ex-President Jonathan will be bitting her fingers for her failure in making peace with the former governor of rivers state, Rotimi Ameachi.

Rotimi Ameachi is now washing the dirty linen of President Jonathan in public. If President Goodluck Jonathan had treated Ameachi with respect the man would not have blow whistle against their corrupt tendencies.

So Patience Jonathan should take the major blame for what his husband is passing through in the hand of the opposition. The opposition will continue indefinitely to blow whistle against their name.

Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 3:29pm On May 05, 2017
sandraa:

you should do your research dear!

Nope. I am relying on your professional opinion this time. I mean what is the business value of "spending N34b" and the dredging will not last 2years?
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 05, 2017
mapet:

Are you minding fooooools? They cannot address the issue Amaechi raised. That N34b went into thing-air and no single milestone to account for it. When we say GEJ stole us blind, they will say it is hatred. At least the shippers association is also challenging and demanding the evidence of that expenditure

Contract was awarded by Yar'adua.
Don't let hatred block objective reasoning.
Don't let APC use you to increase their horde of Zombies.
Drop your insults here -----> \_/
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 4:19pm On May 05, 2017
mykl01:

Contract was awarded by Yar'adua.
Don't let hatred block objective reasoning.
Don't let APC use you to increase their horde of Zombies.
Drop your insults here -----> \_/

Quit the grandstanding......
Keeping to the facts of the discourse has nothing to do with APC or what have you, except you want to put reasoning under feet.
Amaechi made allegation corroborated by Shippers council. Is that not worth puting on the table for discussion? Yar'Adua awarded the contract.....so? like we don't know....so GEJ that completed the tenure and spent an additional 4 should not account for it?
pick up your reasoning from here -----> \_/
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by crackerspub: 4:49pm On May 05, 2017
henocherry18:

Pls that you hate the man does not mean he should not say the truth. He mans transport ministry and he should be able to tell you what had happened and what is happening in the sector. He is not saying they are going to probe the contract but, only making a reference. This man happens to be one of the most active ministers in Buhari regime

please i don't hate people

please tell me just one thing he has achieved since he became minister
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Elose11(m): 5:34pm On May 05, 2017
mapet:

Why is Amaechi making noise about it? If it's true, why don't you probe it and demand explanation and possibly refund from GEJ and the contractor? Why not send efcc after them? As usual, Amaechi and APC are embarking on their usual media trial.
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by sshalom(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2017
If what Amaechi said about the dredging is true, then heads must roll! N34Billion to N100Million is not a joke. If it is also a wild allegation; some people should come up and clear the air with facts.
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 05, 2017
mapet:

Quit the grandstanding......
Keeping to the facts of the discourse has nothing to do with APC or what have you, except you want to put reasoning under feet.
Amaechi made allegation corroborated by Shippers council. Is that not worth puting on the table for discussion? Yar'Adua awarded the contract.....so? like we don't know....so GEJ that completed the tenure and spent an additional 4 should not account for it?
pick up your reasoning from here -----> \_/

Jonathan's Government, Yar'adua's government....... sound like same names to you?
I no get energy to point out obvious hypocrisy, suit your self tongue
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 6:37pm On May 06, 2017
mykl01:

Jonathan's Government, Yar'adua's government....... sound like same names to you?
I no get energy to point out obvious hypocrisy, suit your self tongue

See you idiocy at display! so your excuse is that it was Yar'Adua's govt and not GEJ's govt? It is a crying shame and share stupidity to display crass ignorance to issues that are already in the public domain
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by mapet: 6:40pm On May 06, 2017
Elose11:

Why is Amaechi making noise about it? If it's true, why don't you probe it and demand explanation and possibly refund from GEJ and the contractor? Why not send efcc after them? As usual, Amaechi and APC are embarking on their usual media trial.

This is where many of your type loose your moral compass. An allegation that N34b of our commonwealth was unaccounted for and your response is "why is Amaechi making noise about it? Are you even sure you deserve any good in your life? Just like the issue of N43b scandal, is it noble for GEJ's media team to react and with facts? even if it will put Amaechi to disrepute?
Re: Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 06, 2017
mapet:

See you idiocy at display! so your excuse is that it was Yar'Adua's govt and not GEJ's govt? It is a crying shame and share stupidity to display crass ignorance to issues that are already in the public domain

Go through your nonsense post, correct Share to sheer and stop your idiocy on display.
I wonder what they teach you children in schools these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo: Zenith Labour Party Collapses Into PDP / SSS Parades Killers Of Oshiomhole's Secretary / Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.