Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN (11828 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Vehicles Trapped At Nation’s Borders As Import Ban Begins / Finance Minister And CBN Fall Out On Blacklisted 41 Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by hammedkola(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2017
I laugh for my country
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by driand(m): 8:59am On May 05, 2017
sad
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by gentlepraise(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2017
APC = 1 step forward, 100 steps backward.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by RicardoRich(m): 9:04am On May 05, 2017
Ezzybazz:
9ja
Nice rott
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by wellmax(m): 9:05am On May 05, 2017
fotadmowmend:
Naija we hail thee.... 2mrw now anoda info go come
and who do you blame, bloggers, Govt or just PMB
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by wellmax(m): 9:07am On May 05, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
This regime eeeeh their confusion is too much!

I have not seen a government like this in my life! So disorganised!

One minute they will say one thing next minute they will deny!

Shioooor undecided
three:
#ConfusedGovernment

Confused nitwit.Do you blame Govt or fake news bloggers

2 Likes

Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by bigtt76(f): 9:11am On May 05, 2017
Not surprised ...there's always a rebuttal grin
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Akinaukwa: 9:12am On May 05, 2017
The Federal Government is yet to place measures to encourage local manufacturing of some of these banned goods. You can imagine ordinary toothpick which can be produced in a factory in Calabar being imported. But then even with the ban, the borders are so porous that I can bet you all the listed items are still being smuggled in with ease. Do the needful before placing your ban.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by bkool7(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2017
ekems2017:
Honestly this country is a joke. We don't even know what to believe again. Yesterday the ban was lifted, today, the ban is still being enforced.

Pls stop disgracing us. Other countries are watching.

This are bloggers at work.
If its not directly from CBN , or any credible dailies , believe the news at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Centurion04: 9:13am On May 05, 2017
I'm very sure that a particular governor who had claimed his state had started the production of 'toothpicks' had gone ahead to complain to his former bosses that the ban had been lifted hence the reverse. Wht a shame an entire state can produce.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by temodent(m): 9:13am On May 05, 2017
olujastro:
I knew it's not possible as the fundamentals haven't changed yet. Just over $31b of foreign Reserve is not enough to open up to all importations. Secondly, these items such as toothpick should forever be discouraged from being imported if we really mean business as a productive economy wannabe.

I know some people will say the govt is confused and likes policy somersaults. No, your illiterate brain is confused for not knowing that the govt is not the owner of a blog who carries fake or uncertain news.

God bless you. Unlike the first comment that failed to read between the lines.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by yahmohy27: 9:14am On May 05, 2017
olujastro:
I knew it's not possible as the fundamentals haven't changed yet. Just over $31b of foreign Reserve is not enough to open up to all importations. Secondly, these items such as toothpick should forever be discouraged from being imported if we really mean business as a productive economy wannabe.

I know some people will say the govt is confused and likes policy somersaults. No, your illiterate brain is confused for not knowing that the govt is not the owner of a blog who carries fake or uncertain news.
Don't mind them ,always looking for ways to attack Govt
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:16am On May 05, 2017
wellmax:

Confused nitwit.Do you blame Govt or fake news bloggers
Why is fake news much in this regime when they have media team that could report the truth

All na wash!

1 Like

Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by HonabFaj(m): 9:23am On May 05, 2017
ekems2017:
Honestly this country is a joke. We don't even know what to believe again. Yesterday the ban was lifted, today, the ban is still being enforced.

Pls stop disgracing us. Other countries are watching.

Are they the one disgracing us or people that spread fake news.
This statement is showing a signed memo from CBN but no asked for the source of yesterday news but we blame and insult government

1 Like

Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by wellmax(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Why is fake news much in this regime when they have media team that could report the truth
All na wash!
Fake news is rife because people like you and jobless bloggers now have access to the internet.
In case you don't know, fake news is a worldwide problem. even FB is thinking of how to tackle it.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by tuntech2000: 9:36am On May 05, 2017
hwo do we contact you?

Basfaq:
Setting mode. lipsrsealed

Guys if anybody interested in exporting business to make cool money for himself should contact me.I have an ideal that can fetch us money within a month time period.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Nobody: 9:43am On May 05, 2017
APC and going round in circles are like bread and butter ,how could a government be so inconsistent, this govt is a heavy cross we all have to bear until God does the needful
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by moscow0147(m): 9:46am On May 05, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
This regime eeeeh their confusion is too much!

I have not seen a government like this in my life! So disorganised!

One minute they will say one thing next minute they will deny!

Shioooor undecided
dummy, if you had used that little thing you called brain...you would have known that it was a fake news that was being circulated yesterday. and the Government came out to clarify issues...just because of people like you, who believe everything you see online...
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by deiikonac(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2017
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Reference(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2017
I told them Nigerians are not going to diversify jack. As soon as oil prices are up and dollars begin to flow again, the 'toothpick' importers will be back. The painful journey to true economic emancipation for this country is either through peaceful restructuring or turbulent Niger-Delta militancy. This government is all about maintaining the status-quo. Nothing has changed and nothing will after it is eventually voted out.
Re: Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN by Basfaq(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2017
tuntech2000:
hwo do we contact you?

This is my number 08096333278 or 07055613587.qassimtunde644@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa / How Much Does It Take To Advertise On Guardian Or This Day. / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + interior For Half Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.