Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,010 members, 7,942,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? (1580 Views)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by ItuExchange(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2017
Why don't my parents sleep in the same room?

I mean I know it's none of business. It's between them but I'm curious that what may be their reasons be.

Well, it could be.

One of them snores and the other person can’t sleep because of it.
One person is either too hot or too cold, and sleeping in separate rooms means they can control the room temperature the way they want to.

One person has to go to bed and/or get up much earlier than the other, and out of courtesy, that person will decide to sleep in a separate bedroom so their bedmate doesn’t have his/her sleep interrupted.

Maybe one person talks in their sleep or is an active sleeper (they move around a lot) and it is easier if that person doesn’t share the bed.
One person could be sick, and sleeping in different bedrooms means the other person won’t get sick or be kept awake by coughing or sneezing or frequent trips to the bathroom.

Maybe they are fighting and don’t want to be around each other until they resolve their argument.

Maybe it’s none of those things—they have made a choice to not sleep in the same room because that’s their personal preference as a couple—they want their own beds when actually sleeping. There’s no rule that says married folk HAVE to sleep in the same bed.

Take your pick.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-my-parents-sleep-in-the-same-room

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:08am On May 05, 2017
Its just them following the old tradition most times and this tradition was for men with more wives... I dont ever see myself having a separate room, a man cave might b there to exahle though

1 Like

Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by kingphilip(m): 9:09am On May 05, 2017
Whatever the reason/s respect it and mind your own business

Except they are fighting though you can wade in and try to solve the misunderstanding amicably
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by yvesboss(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2017
Honestly OP.

I grew up with my parents sleeping in different rooms and i see that as the norm.. sorta 'Mommy's room and Dad's room' kinda thing.

Until i mingled with peeps, i never thought couples share same room. With your topic here, i will definitely ask my mom when next i see her why they decide to have different rooms.
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by prela(f): 9:19am On May 05, 2017
I also grew up with my parents sleeping in separate rooms until about few years ago my dad started sleeping in my mind room though he's stuff her in his room. People are more aware now that it's bad for couples to stay in separate rooms. So you can advise them to start. P.S My dad snores too, there is love in sharing The noise grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Nobody: 9:25am On May 05, 2017
I Grew up with my aunt, and i can relate to this. The share different room, the only day the are likely to share the same room, is maybe the want to make love, after that aunty will disembarked to her room. I hate it serious but you got to mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by ituglobal(m): 10:19am On May 05, 2017
This has to do with each parent's preferences. Some parents think it's more convenient to sleep apart.
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Cherie69: 2:12pm On May 05, 2017
Ituglobal are you from CRS?
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Ishilove: 3:13pm On May 05, 2017
I grew up in such a household and it's no big deal.
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by zyzxx(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2017
Not too good to me
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 05, 2017
dem don tire for thier self
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by Nobody: 1:38am On May 06, 2017
I don't like couple's sleeping in different rooms.
Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by jashar(f): 9:23am On May 06, 2017
yvesboss:
Honestly OP.

I grew up with my parents sleeping in different rooms and i see that as the norm.. sorta 'Mommy's room and Dad's room' kinda thing.

Until i mingled with peeps, i never thought couples share same room. With your topic here, i will definitely ask my mom when next i see her why they decide to have different rooms.

Same here. I never knew parents slept in the same room till I started talking with people when I was in University. I now remember that my mom funny enough doesn't like sleeping alone. Sometimes she would sleep with my sister or even in daddy's room while I slept in her room.

Your own better, you can ask your mum while me, I still live with them, but dem no born me well ask that kin question. embarassed

Ironically, i think I like the idea of separate rooms. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Don't My Parents Sleep In The Same Room? by yvesboss(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2017
jashar:

Same here. I never knew parents slept in the same room till I started talking with people when I was in University. I now remember that my mom funny enough doesn't like sleeping alone. Sometimes she would sleep with my sister or even in daddy's room while I slept in her room.

Your own better, you can ask your mum while me, I still live with them, but dem no born me well ask that kin question. embarassed

Ironically, i think I like the idea of separate rooms. lipsrsealed

lol..i like the idea too grin but bae no go gree oo

(1) (Reply)

How Could We Have Been This Gullible? / 18 Year Old Boy Celebrates His Pregnant Girlfriend On Facebook / Asffv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.