Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,152 members, 7,890,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” (2410 Views)

Katsina Begins Door-to-door Search For Lagos, Abuja Returnees / Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing / Abakaliki City Is The Most Beautiful And Well Planned City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by telltimes: 4:55am On May 06, 2017
Standing at the edge of a crater the size of an American football field that is leaking flaming gas, my old nemesis of vertigo was making himself known. Or was it just the smell of the methane fumes? I was standing alone at the edge of the Darvaza Gas Crater, central Turkmenistan, which is also known as the ‘Door to Hell’ – a very fitting accolade.

It was the middle of the night and there was no other light, except for the flames below, and there were only a couple of other tourists standing on the other side of the crater. I nervously tiptoed closer to the glowing abyss – a hard wind hit me full in the face. The shock of the heat was as asphyxiating as entering freezing water, I could barely breathe and could feel it scorching the entire front of my body. I shielded my face with my hands and arms, an action I found myself repeating every few minutes as the wind whipped around
More: http://buzzsays.xyz/see-turkmenistan-city-door-hell/

Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Nobody: 5:55am On May 06, 2017
God is wonderful.
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Nobody: 6:20am On May 06, 2017
Who could have thought a place like this exists. This is even the first km leading of another "Stan" country call Turkmenistan.

1 Like

Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by jericco1(m): 6:26am On May 06, 2017
Woah! That's a detour.
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by wale0911: 6:41am On May 06, 2017
If this looks scary, Hell would be damn hellish. Beloved, turn onto God and be saved from eternal torment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Nobody: 6:53am On May 06, 2017
This catastrophic disaster was actually man made.

1 Like

Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by segebase(m): 6:55am On May 06, 2017
ds
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by telltimes: 2:38pm On May 06, 2017
God is just so great
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by onatisi(m): 3:14am On May 08, 2017
rafhell:
This catastrophic disaster was actually man made.
how pls
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Afobear: 6:02am On May 08, 2017
onatisi:
how pls
when they ask you people ro explore and improve your knowledge you guys will refuse .......the people set it alite to burn some gases but it has been burning since that day till tomorrow

1 Like

Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by austine4real(m): 6:18am On May 08, 2017
grin

wow

wow

wow
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by EmeeNaka: 6:56am On May 08, 2017
onatisi:
how pls
it was Soviet explorers that thought the gas produced there were small and therefore can be burnt off but that became a mistake and the fire has refused to quench till date though the government of Turkmenistan is planning to close it.
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by onatisi(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2017
EmeeNaka:
it was Soviet explorers that thought the gas produced there were small and therefore can be burnt off but that became a mistake and the fire has refused to quench till date though the government of Turkmenistan is planning to close it.
putting it out may be quite impossible. Except maybe they block the source of the gas
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Aaronsrod: 8:51am On May 08, 2017
Never stop running from hellfire!
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by EmeeNaka: 10:42am On May 08, 2017
onatisi:
putting it out may be quite impossible. Except maybe they block the source of the gas
they will just load trips of sands into the crater.
Re: See Why Turkmenistan City Is Known As “door To Hell” by Ndipe(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Are they any Nigerian living in this country?

(1) (Reply)

South Africa. / The Best Place To Settle In Brazil As An African (photo) / Every Nigerian Abroad Seems To Be Dying Of Lonliness And Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.