Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,801 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:07 AM

Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos (20124 Views)

Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Pictures From TECNO PhonePad 3 Launch Event Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by signature2012(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2017
timbs001:

How is this question related to what I stated?
You need to grow up and realize not all people on this forum are kids in diapers.

You should be the one to grow up.Who ask you if you just ordered it nor the amount you paid?
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by djlaqua91(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2017
Goldenboy007:
I use a Samsung 8+ already..got mine April 19...and I got the Samsung promotional bundle...Samsung VR Gear, Samsung AKG, Samsung 256Gig card and Oculus content card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwLgOsM8iQ

S8 is $750...S8+ is 850..plus tax..it $937 FROM T-Mobile.

Damn that's a same as a brand new Dell XPS 13-9350 shocked
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by timbs001(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2017
kingpole:

Do u intend buying it? If no can u give me your preorder code i want to get it but i didnt preorder
I don't think I will be buying again though. Just got a mail from Konga to pay into Konga's account, didn't get any preorder code.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by timbs001(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2017
signature2012:

You should be the one to grow up.Who ask you if you just ordered it nor the amount you paid?
Wasted my time replying you at first.
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by celestialAgent(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2017
GetMeRight:

What's the difference between the rate at which the two brands release new models?
Are you seriously asking me that?

FYI, Samsung has A series, S series, Note series , duos series, while Apple maintain its I series with only memory variation.
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 1:51pm On May 06, 2017
Harveyspecter46:

It's more of an exchange rate factor. Now a dollar is N390. Compared to the earlier days of 160-200.

No joor.

Even before the exhange rate skyrocketed the S6 upwards were #200k+
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by wman(m): 1:51pm On May 06, 2017
Funnicator:

I don't understand what's wrong with Samsung, every year is for update on the S series. Giving birth like pigs and rats. Don't they understand Apple pattern? That's why an Iphone5s produced in 2013 still has relevance and sells almost 90k now. Samsung S4, it's age mate is seen as archaic, why, because of many successors.

Samsung, calm down, don't be a rat or pig like Tecno, one S series Flagship that will last 2 years is the ideal, not everyyear.

You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about.

Samsung and Apple both release updates every year. Each new phone come with new features.

Kindly mention any Android flagship produced in 2013 that is still expensive.

Apple is in a class of its own.
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by BrianRoss: 3:48pm On May 06, 2017
Funnicator:

I don't understand what's wrong with Samsung, every year is for update on the S series. Giving birth like pigs and rats. Don't they understand Apple pattern? That's why an Iphone5s produced in 2013 still has relevance and sells almost 90k now. Samsung S4, it's age mate is seen as archaic, why, because of many successors.

Samsung, calm down, don't be a rat or pig like Tecno, one S series Flagship that will last 2 years is the ideal, not everyyear.

Good day sir smiley
All phone manufacturing companies produce phones every year likewise apple, especially there flagship series,
Apple update d i series every year too and them producing onely the I sries Is there own game
There's nothing bad with samsung having S and A series nd so on
All are not sold at the same price
Some are budget phones for lovers of Samsung who can't afford the flagship series

And producing a flagship series after 2years?
This tech bro, new things are discovered everyday, no device is perfect

Watchout. For the note 8 too smiley
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by BrianRoss: 4:00pm On May 06, 2017
sukkot:
YOU CAN GET THESE AS APPS

U most be kidding me right now grin
U are comparing prank apps with real hardware fingerprint scanner nd iris scanner?

This is funny
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by ollah2: 4:39pm On May 06, 2017
wman:

You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about.

Samsung and Apple both release updates every year. Each new phone come with new features.

Kindly mention any Android flagship produced in 2013 that is still expensive.

Apple is in a class of its own.

That's where you continued getting milked. Apple isn't in his own class. If you want iOS, u can only get that using iPhone or iPad.

Apple prices will surely crash further if iOS was open source or iPhone run on droid. IPhone 7 cost more than Samsung S7 yet S7 cost more to produce than iphone 7 and it trumps i7
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Anopheles: 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
ollah2:

That's where you continued getting milked. Apple isn't in his own class. If you want iOS, u can only get that using iPhone or iPad.

Apple prices will surely crash further if iOS was open source or iPhone run on droid. IPhone 7 cost more than Samsung S7 yet S7 cost more to produce than iphone 7 and it trumps i7

What does being in its own class mean then?

The monopoly helps Apple keeps its price up but that's not the only factor:

1) The close source helps keep the phone at a premium. Everything on iOS requires you to purchase at some point. You may spend more on music alone than what you paid for the phone. Hence, premium

2)Apple makes one or two phones a year. They don't select classes. Samsung on the other hand still roll out phones in the $300 bracket. That gives customers a wide range to select from androids. That's why a huge market share for Samsung aren't the S or Note series.

3) Apple rolls out updates to phones released ages ago. Iphone 5 of 2012 still gets iOS 10 updates. S6 in Nigeria hasn't seen Nougat yet. Hence, premium

4) Apple has the best customer care system in the world. Though, they aren't in Nigeria but this is still a fair point

5)IOS is the Canon of photography, straight to the point. Simplistic, less lags, little battery drain Also, they have the best social media environment from their keyboard to integrated apps, FaceTime, Safari and their ICloud. iCloud makes everything premium

6) Apple is USA, the market leader in influencing a product. Every major celeb even in Nigeria and everywhere uses an Apple device. Music videos, movies, mirror selfies na Apple. That makes the niche more premium

It doesn't have to be iOS monopoly alone.

And s7 doesn't trump Iphone 7 and vice versa. They're just in a league of their own.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by ollah2: 7:22pm On May 06, 2017
Anopheles:

What does being in its own class mean then?

The monopoly helps Apple keeps its price up but that's not the only factor:

1) The close source helps keep the phone at a premium. Everything on iOS requires you to purchase at some point. You may spend more on music alone than what you paid for the phone. Hence, premium

Yes it has helped them but it doesn't equate to premium

2)Apple makes one or two phones a year. They don't select classes. Samsung on the other hand still roll out phones in the $300 bracket. That gives customers a wide range to select from androids. That's why a huge market share for Samsung aren't the S or Note series. smiley

It's the same thing about the iOS thingy I talked about previously

3) Apple rolls out updates to phones released ages ago. Iphone 5 of 2012 still gets iOS 10 updates. S6 in Nigeria hasn't seen Nougat yet. Hence, premium

They roll out updates to old phones in order to crash them. Updates on Android aren't as important as it is on iOS cos Android is already loaded. Lollipop got features iOS10.3.1 doesn't have. Using a samsung add more icing to the cake.

4) Apple has the best customer care system in the world. Though, they aren't in Nigeria but this is still a fair point

This is a lie from the pit of hell. Samsung still won the best customer care support last year.

5)IOS is the Canon of photography, straight to the point. Simplistic, less lags, little battery drain Also, they have the best social media environment from their keyboard to integrated apps, FaceTime, Safari and their ICloud. iCloud makes everything premium

This is another lie. Easy with them, when was the last time iphone had the best camera. S7 and Google Pixels trumps I7 in photography. Android is the simplest OS to use. You can do everything on android from the control center. Never on iOS. Everyphone lags. iOS is more integrated. Facetime isn't better than Duo, Samsung browser is better and faster than safari. Who cares about iCloud when there are plethora of alternatives from Dropbox to onedrive, Google drive et al

6) Apple is USA, the market leader in influencing a product. Every major celeb even in Nigeria and everywhere uses an Apple device. Music videos, movies, mirror selfies na Apple. That makes the niche more premium

It's a USA company but that doesn't make it more premium. Anybody uses iPhone.

It doesn't have to be iOS monopoly alone.

And s7 doesn't trump Iphone 7 and vice versa. They're just in a league of their own.

S7 has a better camera, better design. It's got headphone jack, wireless charging, fast charging, better battery, amongst other things. Matter of fact, S7 won the best phone of 2016.
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Harveyspecter46(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2017
Yewandequeen:

No joor.

Even before the exhange rate skyrocketed the S6 upwards were #200k+
Maybe your right then, it's not like there is anything life changing in this new models
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 8:01pm On May 06, 2017
Harveyspecter46:

Maybe your right then, it's not like there is anything life changing in this new models
Seconded
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Anopheles: 8:40pm On May 06, 2017
ollah2:
This is a lie from the pit of hell. Samsung still won the best customer care support last year

You argue way too emotional when there isn't need. I don't know what award Samsung won last year but I'm using experiences over the years as well as even android faithfuls. Calling Apple support has been satisfactory for me than visiting Samsung centers in Nigeria.

This is another lie. Easy with them, when was the last time iphone had the best camera. S7 and Google Pixels trumps I7 in photography. Android is the simplest OS to use. You can do everything on android from the control center. Never on iOS. Everyphone lags. iOS is more integrated. Facetime isn't better than Duo, Samsung browser is better and faster than safari. Who cares about iCloud when there are plethora of alternatives from Dropbox to onedrive, Google drive et al

I don't know how simplistic use of iOS and best camera are related.

Never said no phone lags. I said it's less on iOS

Never said which app is better. I was talking about the iOS that's more integrated. Safari's integration with the os makes it more secure, its relation with other apps is futuristic. I even enjoy Google's chrome on iOS than on my android.
iCloud and Google drive shouldn't be in the same sentence lol. One is primarily storage while the Other's versatility (backups, storage, wallet, notes, security) is top class

It's a USA company but that doesn't make it more premium. Anybody uses iPhone.

Yes it has helped them but it doesn't equate to premium

I can get used S7 or even refurbished for $300 on eBay. I would have to kill someone for $400 for an iPhone 6s let alone a 7 . If that isn't premium, I don't know what else is

They roll out updates to old phones in order to crash them. Updates on Android aren't as important as it is on iOS cos Android is already loaded. Lollipop got features iOS10.3.1 doesn't have. Using a samsung add more icing to the cake.

Your posts are sentimental. How does updating a 5 year old phone every time translate to crashes? Or how does one stuck on lollipop make a case for updates? I am not understanding

S7 has a better camera, better design. It's got headphone jack, wireless charging, fast charging, better battery, amongst other things. Matter of fact, S7 won the best phone of 2016.

Still biased. I don't know how this helps s7 price of $300 beat the premium prices of iPhones.

Better design? Subjective

Better camera? Subjective in a long shot. Sure s7 has the better low light photos, DR and autofocus and Iphone 7 better portrait but all these are on auto modes. Using manual modes on your exposure settings minimizes these differences. Shooting in RAW and Lightroom processing eliminates every other.

Better battery? Still subjective. Some sites have both on various positions. It's the consumer's phone usage pattern that matters. The only constant thing is web browsing metric which puts iPhone 7 slightly on top. Still, it doesn't factor others like streaming, always on, gaming, camera usage, etc

Fast charging, wireless charging and headphone jacks are great add ons for S7 and android in particular. But it doesn't help in keeping their prices up unlike their Apple counterparts.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by mikolo80: 10:27pm On May 06, 2017
OrestesDante:
Above 100k? That's an understatement S7 is still sold for over 260k. For S8 there is going to be a minimum of 50k-80k difference.
yet ppl are crying recession
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 06, 2017
mikolo80:
yet ppl are crying recession
abi
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Nweike1: 7:49am On May 07, 2017
Horlufemi:
the phone is going to cost between 200-300k

I'll buy after I'm a landlord
You get sense
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by oluwadubem: 1:18pm On May 07, 2017
Yewandequeen:
I love samsung products.

But then i keep wondering why they keep producing more succesors of the S series and are no lesser in price. I guess by the time they get to S10. The phone will cost 1M.

manny samsung,sony,blackberry,iphone are not that cost as you think but what is the nemesis of what we encounter here is our naira.....assuming ($1usd is = 3naira ) will you not buy s8 50 cartons nd insert to it ur cupboard,with ur two legs on ur table waiting for iphone8 to hit the market.....know that this devices even the upcoming iphone8 cant cost up to $1600.....dont blame it on sammy blame it on naira........ grin

#peace#
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 1:53pm On May 07, 2017
oluwadubem:

manny samsung,sony,blackberry,iphone are not that cost as you think but what is the nemesis of what we encounter here is our naira.....assuming ($1usd is = 3naira ) will you not buy s8 50 cartons nd insert to it ur cupboard,with ur two legs on ur table waiting for iphone8 to hit the market.....know that this devices even the upcoming iphone8 cant cost up to $1600.....dont blame it on sammy blame it on naira........ grin

#peace#

Lol
Yeah you have a point. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by Mckandre(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2017
Goldenboy007:
I use a Samsung 8+ already..got mine April 19...and I got the Samsung promotional bundle...Samsung VR Gear, Samsung AKG, Samsung 256Gig card and Oculus content card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwLgOsM8iQ

S8 is $750...S8+ is 850..plus tax..it $937 FROM T-Mobile.
angry
Re: Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos by jmichlins(m): 4:35am On May 08, 2017
timbs001:
S8 is 290k.
S8+ is 325k.
Did a pre-order, that's how I knew.
biko show me mercy and kindness and help me with any used device which you no longer need. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Try Out Unpopular Phone Brands / Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu / 6 Cool Camon CX Features You Should Be Using (Pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.