Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,916 members, 7,942,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole (36637 Views)

Girl Who Refused To Refund Man After He Mistakenly Sent N950k Is Arrested. / Hadiza Babayo: Lady Kidnaps Her Cousin For N6m Ransom In Gombe State [photo] / Ugandan Man Returns Music Items He Stole After Native Doctor Sent Bees (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by aribisala0(m): 9:49pm On May 06, 2017
thesicilian:

haha. Justice has already been served.
justice has many chapters.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder but still lost a civil suit years later and was asked to pay damages to hs ex-wife's parents.
There are still other actions available in law and outside law .Hehe
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by thesicilian: 10:07pm On May 06, 2017
aribisala0:

justice has many chapters.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder but still lost a civil suit years later and was asked to pay damages to hs ex-wife's parents.
There are still other actions available in law and outside law .Hehe
That's one of the things I hate about law. Just too complicated for non lawyers like me.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by mikolo80: 10:12pm On May 06, 2017
delzbaba:
32 litres is equal to 6million For which country
I wonder o. ppl just see 6 million their brain no gree click again

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by mikolo80: 10:12pm On May 06, 2017
thesicilian:

That's one of the things I hate about law. Just too complicated for non lawyers like me.
can't you read. what's complex about law it's written in English
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by mikolo80: 10:14pm On May 06, 2017
seunlayi:
People are just rushing to comment. Is it 32 litters or 32,000 litters?
The story won't add up unless that disparity is resolved
guy you think Nigerians can see straight after they heard 6 Milla.

1 Like

Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Luizkid(m): 11:17pm On May 06, 2017
Bidobado:
It's a shame how everyone here is saying the man is smart, blah blah, and not one iota of pity or Commiserations with the victim. This is what Nigerians have become, people who celebrate criminality on a gargantuan scale and then call it being smart.
but oga what do you expect us to do na, we can't change the judgement so we just watch n enjoy the funny scenario.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by kelz2205: 3:31am On May 07, 2017
Pls can someone tell me how 32 litres of diesel will amount to 6m?
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by uhuru2015: 6:19am On May 07, 2017
grin
thesicilian:

Wow, that would be some pretty messed up game, to finish serving jail term and then still lose the money. Its like living in Nigeria and still ending up in hell after death.

You can say that again.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by mykel25(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2017
Isaac was arrested for stealing 32 liters of diesel worth the amount belong to Etoo

Are my d only one seeing 32liters of diesel = 6 million naira?
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by dikeizu1(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2017
CXLVII:
I knew he was from the lost tribe of Israel

Anything for money.....
and which tribe is that
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by ekenetheorg(m): 11:16am On May 07, 2017
Pchinak:

Good observation. I suppose it's one truckload 32,000 kinda.
Yeah
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by excanny: 1:07pm On May 07, 2017
Just researched this topic and found out there are 2 kinds of persecution possible:criminal and civil lawsuits.

The victim just used the criminal lawsuit, which gets only punishment, no payment. When finishes his prison term, the victim can begin with civil lawsuit to get his money back, no prison, just your money back , or his assets are seized.
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by seangy4konji: 7:23pm On May 07, 2017
Life on the street is prison self or worst if you are not favored.

I make a million naira in Nigeria is like training to be an astronaut.

Correct guy at least money deh count. He should just buy a pistol and make it handy.

It is needed
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by loomer: 8:18pm On May 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

If you steal $45m, the owner will follow you inside that jail so he can kill you with his own hands, and when he goes out will murder or poison your whole lineage (mother, father, brothers, sister and any kids you or they may have)

Any fool thinking that he can steal someone's money, and go free, after spending a few yrs in jail, is dreaming!

Here is a question for you all: if you had work damn hard all your life to get WHATEVER amount of wealth, and tomorrow someone robs it all (and go to jail without returning your money), wouldn't you kill that bastard?!

Oga that one na story.

No be Nigerian man do fraud of over 150m dollars go jail come back collect him money.
Or no be ibori go jail come back and him still get money?

If I see I go thief. Naija don teach me say anyway is a way
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2017
loomer:

Oga that one na story.

No be Nigerian man do fraud of over 150m dollars go jail come back collect him money.
Or no be ibori go jail come back and him still get money?

If I see I go thief. Naija don teach me say anyway is a way

Stop watching fairytale Disney movies, they are bad for your young brain.

NOBODY stole another man150m, got caught, went to jail for that crime and kept the money.

As for Ibori, he didn't rob a person, he rob the damn coffers of his STATE. Big fukcing difference. He now came back and his mafia of polithief will certainly dash him some money.

But hey, at least we know what YOU will do when someone steals your 150M,.... Lay down and watch them ride Ferrari while you catch the bloody bus, lol.... Good luck!
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 07, 2017
But how does 32L of diesel worth 6 million naira?
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by lebete3000: 12:09am On May 08, 2017
obamabinladen:
Good decision if you ask me. He will be more secured in prison than been a free man in Nigerian streets. Don't be surprise before he comes out some of his friends may be killed either by police stray bullet, hunger, cult groups, accident or Buhari's policies. I remember a young girl earlier in the year that refused to go home after been discharged and acquitted by one of the Judges, she rather demanded to be send back to prison saying that she enjoys the atmosphere in prison than what's obtainable in Nigerian streets. All these are pointing to the fact that Nigeria is dead.

Are you a lawyer?
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by aribisala0(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2017
greenhulk:
Why is that important?
Re: Man Prefers Prison Than To Refund N6m He Stole by aribisala0(m): 12:23am On May 08, 2017
greenhulk:
Why is that important? Why should we contemplate suicide about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video: 3 Ladies, One Man Striped Naked And Beaten For Stealing 6.3million / Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' / Fulani Herdsmen Kill People Along Makurdi Naka Road (Graphic Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.