Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,825 members, 7,872,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? (557 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra / For First Time Fathers: How Do You Cope With A Pregnant Woman's Cravings? / DNA Tests Show 70% Kids Not Born By Men They Call Fathers In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? by enny66(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2017
Have you noticed that all the good songs only celebrate mothers? WHAT HAVE NIGERIA FATHERS DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Try this one:

Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My mother.

Or this one:

Sweet mother, I no go forget you
For dis suffer wey you suffer for me eh….

The Yoruba people are not left out.

Iya ni wura iyebiye, ti a ko le fowora

https://naijmobile.com/are-nigeria-fathers-that-bad/

Re: Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? by Godmother(f): 3:33pm On May 06, 2017
Carry belle born first then come back and tell us if you wont compose your own double stanzas for mothers. You think say tocarry belle na beans.

On a more serious note, men are also celebrated; maybe not through songs but their immense impact is felt as they support their partner all through the pregnancy duration and also provide financially

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 06, 2017
who's more dear to you enny66, your mum or dad? and why?
Re: Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? by thorpido(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2017
Depends on the father.
Men often are laid back when it comes to receiving praises.They think it's their responsibility and they do what they gotta do like Americans say.
Women enjoy the praises so they get what they wanna get.
Re: Are Nigeria Fathers That Bad? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 06, 2017
Women get serenaded, men get celebrated.

(1) (Reply)

2 Female Spirits Rape Me Every Night For 5 Years-kenyan Man Cries For Help / Man Finds Baby At Street. Then Discovers ... / Does A Divorced Woman Has Full Rights In A New Husband's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.