Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,214 members, 7,923,087 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:18 PM

Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother (6434 Views)

Video Of Linda Ikeji And Her Mother Dancing / When Your Main Chick Wants You To Barb But Side Chicks Wants Braids / When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by nicetohave(m): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2005
Hi Guys...just seeking your response on this.you have started to date a new girl and the relationship is just two weeks, now she's asking you to come talk to her mother and granny...will you feel comfortable with such an idea so soon? what would you do?
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by mckaycee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2005
Bros, na whao! girlfriends for two weeks wants me to meet her folks, no no no!.
My reasons:
1. she's trying to formalise the relationship in a way that won't suit me.
2. If it turns out that I'm not her only guy(because it will take a guy years to know his girl,I mean the truth, ehn!)and she gets impregnated by someone her parents doesn't know, automatically i am the culprit.
3. etc
Bros I go take shakara leave the relationship, make nobody force into rushy rushy husband.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by Banderas(m): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2005
Well, it depends. What are you meeting her parents as? As a friend or as a bf? It all depends on the way the girl is, I have come a cross a number of girls whose moms are more like their elder sisters. But most of the time, it's simply a caseof a babe who is so in love with the idea of falling in love, and feels that she's practically married.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by nicetohave(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2005
Thank you my brother, there is nothing wrong being in love but there is something about it that smells of "obsession" and i am not ready to be possessed after just two weeks....now that i have refused to oblige her until further notice, its "grandma bought some oranges for you...when are you coming to collect them?" grin she is a nice girl, but the idea of "pushing" me to do things when i am not ready for it scares the shit out of me...i have a feeling i should stop responding to some text mesages now before it gets out of hand
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by mckaycee(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2005
IT is really scary. Na whaoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by Banderas(m): 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2005
Are you guys intimate? If so, it just may be excessive sexual expression that leads her to this obsession whereby she feels that she is in love with you. I agree with you, don't meet her relatives yet, things like that can put unneccessary strain on a fledgling relationship
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by nicetohave(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2005
Yes, but it was very mutual and consentual...and i feel bad about it if that is the root cause of this issue....does that make me a heartless guy? at the same time i dont want to make promises i wont be able to fulfil.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by Banderas(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2005
I don't think you're heartless. Sometimes people play these "games". It's entirely up to you however, and my suggestion is to let herknow that you're not ready to start meeting her family yet. Just make sure you both talk about it and don't do anything drastic.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by mckaycee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2005
You are right bro, in fact take 3 *takes a hand shake*

@nicetohave:
You are not being heartless, but careful. This is serious o! ehn.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by snazzydawn(f): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2005
see all their heads!!!
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by nicetohave(m): 11:41pm On Dec 14, 2005
grin cheesy smiley grin snazzy how does their heads look like?
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by snazzydawn(f): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2005
mangoes,yams and beans,thats how their heads are. grin grin
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by mckaycee(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2005
snazzy, you've not even seen me not to know how my head looks like.
Person like you talk say "I never kiss am but im wan marry me", and I know wetin una wey be girl tell am. Now are you expecting me to tell him to meet the girls parents?
na lie.
if you like cry. grin grin
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by solomon(m): 10:37am On Dec 15, 2005
na swear; neverĀ  i can'tĀ  or should we call it love, NO!!!!!!!! it call trap of love. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by otokx(m): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2005
i'll thank her for the request but decline till some other time. 2 weeks is not a very long time.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by Balogun(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2005
Panic station boys!! grin Dont even accept to speak to any of her family on the telephone let alone meet them.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by nicetohave(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2005
Thanks man cool
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by modpluz(m): 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2005
to me oooh, it seems she's trying to tie a rope around ur neck.
i'll say beware my man, better explain and let her understand that you guys have to slow down ooh*jeje*.
wetin sef embarassed
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
Meet a girl today, fall in love the next day, do her thing the third day, meet the parents and their dog the forth day, break up the relationship the fift day. it nothing personal but love gone sour. grin

Then ask, "who is next"?
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
Meet a girl today, fall in love the next day, do her thing the third day, meet the parents and their dog the forth day, break up the relationship the fifth day. it's nothing personal but relationship gone sour. grin

Who is next?
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
Too soon to meet family yet wasnt too soon to sleep with her

Hmm. . .
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
sleeping with her when delayed for two hours is like two hundred years. meeting her parents and their dog should wait a while. things should be done accordingly, one after the other. grin
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2007
You win the "worst excuse" award. Anyone else?
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by oyie(f): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Too soon to meet family yet wasnt too soon to sleep with her

Hmm. . .

no mind them,men! angry embarassedonly God knows all the"sweet rubbish"he must have told her,now he is afraid to prove all he proclaimed!
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2007
Thiefofheart! abeg, make you leave me boo!!! angry one thing comes first and sleeping with her comes first. grin
Just no thief my heart grin
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2007
oyie! we all love and adore you women but let face the fact, one thing comes first. don't you agree? grin
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2007
family should have came first

I no want your evil wretched heart jare so no worries.
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by amaikama(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2007
Thiefofhearts! talk thru make devil fall asleep? make e no see say u dey give me ur heart for keep grin kiss
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by fuzek: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Topic, I don't think it's too early to meet her family, it's not like she's asking 4 marriage or something. Many parents like to know who their kids roll wit and all, probably dats it.

Do u want to be doing under d tree kinda game or meet me at my place D relationship doesn't necessary have to graduate to marriage but let her parent/ family know who are friends are, dat's all undecided Just show u're worth having their child as a friend tongue
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2007

If she thinks alot of you, that should be an honour. There's nothing wrong with meeting a girl friend's family, so go and enjoy urself. You know its nothing more, but if it makes you feel so uncomfortable, that you would have to ask a quesiton about it,, let her know how u feel, NOthing better in the beginning of a new relationship, than establishing good communication from the get go,

love & light.

Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by oyie(f): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2007
SwtNsoFLyy:

If she thinks alot of you, that should be an honour. There's nothing wrong with meeting a girl friend's family, so go and enjoy yourself. You know its nothing more, but if it makes you feel so uncomfortable, that you would have to ask a quesiton about it,, let her know how u feel, NOthing better in the beginning of a new relationship, than establishing good communication from the get go,

love & light.

help me tell him ooooooo.i suspect its because you have no plan to be serious wit her.for i dont see anything wrong with meeting her mother-it could be like meeting her friends or she to meet your friends!
Re: Girlfriend For 2 Weeks Wants You to Meet Her Mother, Grandmother by mamaput(f): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2007
May be she just wanted her people to see the guy and find out if he was ok.
Sometimes for older people a look is enough to tell

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Broke Her Heart Now I Want Her To Forgive Me / It's Officially Over Between Me And Pinkjacket / Behold The Only Begotten Son Of The Almighty Airforce1 (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.