Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job (7504 Views)

Vacancy For A Trainee Database Administrator (entry Level) / Immediate Employment For A Trainee Safety Representative / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by rumenase(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2017
my guy go for the trainee job o. add to your knowledge. knowledge is wealth
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Chyma1(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2017
grin lol. Very funny but it's the simple truth. You'll only get stuck on the 32k teaching salary for years. Whereas The engineering job will not only give u experience but also increase your ability to earn more in the near future
EsanEmmanuel:
ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU SHOULD GO FOR A TEACHING JOB NA YOUR ENEMY... PM THE PERSON WITH GENERATIONAL CURSES!!!
TEACHING WILL ADD ZERO VALUE TO YOUR CAREER!
BEEN THERE AND SEEN IT ALL!
1MONTH IN THAT ENGINEERING FIRM IS MORE VALUABLE THAN 100YEARS TEACHING!
SEE... ANY OTHER ADVICE THAN THIS... NA YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE INSPIRE AM
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by chiefolododo(m): 8:41am On May 08, 2017
Consider the salary
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2017
You would get bored of teaching but the field work would take u places enhance your technical skill make you meet people you never can tell what would happen from there
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by lakes99: 9:15am On May 08, 2017
LePrezident:

This view is sooo flawed I can't even begin to think far. If the student becomes president, how does that affect his personal fortune? What has become of OBJ's, Buhari or GEJ's teachers?

u read my mind.

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by lakes99: 9:18am On May 08, 2017
PrickGetSize:
I would opt for the teaching job if I was the Op. No sun to burn your forehead and an idiot shouting orders at you while the engines are blaring.
As a teacher you have the opportunity of selling handouts to the children and making extra pay. And if you're teaching senior classes, chances are you'd find some nasty female students to fvck. So it's a win-win situation.

Sell handouts to children!
Hehe.... clap for ya sef.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Nobody: 9:25am On May 08, 2017
The trainee job is the beginning of a career climb. Based on your drive and abilities, CEO is the limit, with all the accompanying perks. The teaching job is the beginning of a stagnant search for a life of drudgery (unless God decrees otherwise. I have never seen a career-fulfilled teacher). School headmaster is the limit.

Choose whichever one you like.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by kayceeD2(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2017
Bankyshinani:
hi,i nid a candid advice
i just got employed in a school to resume on Wednesday buh i also got an offer for a graduate trainee job....d engineering firm wants to work on a borehole project n construction of the treatment plant which i am to take part as part of the trainee program
Note:d school is to pay 32k per month n d engineering firm is to pay 30k plus 600naira site allowance
Sch job is constant "K" provided u are very good in the subjects u teach
Engineering job isn't that constant without connection
U can always go back to teaching job anytime and day, if the engineering job laid u off
I guess u are a lazy type
Go for the engineering job
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Ladyzinny: 10:51am On May 08, 2017
Thank God for u.
Some r looking and u got two.
Pls,at least I nid one .
Ladyzinny1@gmail.com.
Just go for ur passion.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Anthonyben: 2:09pm On May 08, 2017
as for me, I will go for training. 600×20 days. with salary of 30k. with more experience on profile. u are big boy.
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Bankyshinani(m): 11:39pm On May 19, 2017
Bisjosh:

What did you study in school?
chemical engineering
Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by ajabani4allah(m): 12:37am On May 20, 2017
Bankyshinani:

chemical engineering

Guy if you want to grow your career in engineering you already know the answer to your question. I also did chem. engrng in school and for a very diverse course like this, I have been seriously looking for graduate training job since I finished my NYSC more than a year ago now, even though I am very passionate about teaching I can't sacrifice my career for it, teaching job can always come at any time

1 Like

Re: Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job by Bankyshinani(m): 11:02am On May 20, 2017
fleps:
Sir, it is good you're asking this question for more clarification. You see, the peeps telling you to pray for more clarification are theoretical Christians or Muslims.

I simply do not understand.(to the 'pray for direction peeps) Don't you know you can be an answer to his already said prayers? Be practical, your response can be of immense help here.

Simply state your opinion and help him make a better decision.

At the OP, let's do this maths. Shall we?

For the Engineering Trainee
Career Wise: Good
Pay: Good
Experience:. Good
Job Security:. Bad
Better Job:. Good
Ideas Infusing:. Good

For the Teaching Job
Career Wise: Fair
Pay:. Bad
Experience:. Bad
Job Security:. Excellent
Better Job:. Bad
Ideas Infusing:. Fair

THAT IS MY OPINION ABOVE

You want more pointers?

I find this article handy: https://www.acegoals.com/8-things-that-makes-another-job-offer-a-better-job/

8 Things That Makes Another Job Offer a Better One.

The truth is, do not be afraid sir. Your perception of layoff could be wrong. If you do good work, you might be upgraded. Besides, it will take you 20 months in that school to get the 600k you can get for a month or two or three in that engineering firm.
u're right sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jumia Training. / How To Apply For Flour Mills Job Vacancies June 2018 / Invitation For Interview - The Boss Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.