Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,515 members, 7,914,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:22 AM

Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? (316 Views)

Please, Is There Any Implication For Switching From A Niche To A Different One? / Please Advise On The Best Domain Name And Host For My New Blog. / Why Host With Lekkihost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? by brightview2017: 10:19am On May 08, 2017
Dear webmasters in the house,
I bought a domain name from a company based in Nigeria which am yet to host. Now i want to host the name on a foreign company. Please if i point the name to the host, will it affect the performance of the blog on word press?

Note: the option of transferring the domain name to the host is not available now as the name is less than 60 days of purchase.
Re: Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2017
No, there's no implication. As a matter of fact, it's recommended that you host your domain and hosting with different companies to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? by RealLordZeus(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2017
Seconded, no implications as far as I know
Re: Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? by toptop: 11:22am On May 08, 2017
OP, be careful about it. I heard it could slow connections to your URL due to the redirecting. It is better you ask from experts ooo.
Re: Any Implication For Having Domain Name And Host With Different Companies? by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2017
toptop:
OP, be careful about it. I heard it could slow connections to your URL due to the redirecting. It is better you ask from experts ooo.
Say what you know and leave what you don't know to people who do. Domains and Hosts don't use the same server, so it doesn't matter where you get either from.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Kitchens Dukinfield Reviews (9) / Learn How To Prevent & Secure A Blog From Hackers & Internet Manipulators / I need help here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.