Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,740 members, 7,969,142 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:51 PM

N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award (30373 Views)

N'golo Kante Eats Rice & Curry, Plays FIFA At Fan's House In London (Photos) / N'golo Kante Drives A N9.6m Mini Cooper S / N'golo Kante Crowned PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by mtchris(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Chelsea fans now...

I am surprised Mourinho didn't go for him then.

This is the kind of player he likes...tireless workaholic, almost like a slave.

Jose Mourinho is the opposite of a racist - the guy like black player no be small grin grin grin

He used Michael Essien till the guy almost melted
He did... He person.ally called kante on phone but the deal was almost done with chelse.a then.
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 08, 2017
2kurupt:

undecided undecided
Am sure you're not a fan of the premier league, this dude is Sergio Busquets & Casemiro rolled into one.

That balloon d'or award seems reserved only for offensive players anyway

Busquets is better than him without a doubt.A more intelligent player by far who plays for a team and system that values intelligence more than anything else and he combines both intelligence and work-rate. Kante is better than Casemiro at the moment I must admit

The Ballon d'or is mostly given to attacking/scoring players because that is the most difficult skill to execute in football(scoring a goal) and that is why it is hugely appreciated much more than defending.And also you have to look at the context. The only defensive player who has actually touched that golden ball in recent times is Cannavaro and that is because he was outstanding in a world cup winning Italian team. Kante's team doesn't even play in the Champions league and he had a very poor Euros where he was benched after a couple of games by Deschamps. Kante is a great player no doubt but come on he isn't even the best player in the EPL. Kante has no place for a discussion in a Ballon D'or award. grin
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by GeneralOjukwu: 4:59pm On May 08, 2017
mtchris:
He did... He person.ally called kante on phone but the deal was almost done with chelse.a then.

thanks bro...i didn't know that
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by GeneralOjukwu: 5:02pm On May 08, 2017
Kemizee:

Busquets is better than him without a doubt.A more intelligent player by far who plays for a team and system that values intelligence more than anything else and he combines both intelligence and work-rate. Kante is better than Casemiro at the moment I must admit

The Ballon d'or is mostly given to attacking/scoring players because that is the most difficult skill to execute in football(scoring a goal) and that is why it is hugely appreciated much more than defending.And also you have to look at the context. The only defensive player who has actually touched that golden ball in recent times is Cannavaro and that is because he was outstanding in a world cup winning Italian team. Kante's team doesn't even play in the Champions league and he had a very poor Euros where he was benched after a couple of games by Deschamps. Kante is a great player no doubt but come on he isn't even the best player in the EPL. Kante has no place for a discussion in a Ballon D'or award. grin

Even that Cannavaro win sef....na Andrea Pirlo suppose collect am. He was Man of the Match in 4 / 7 of all their matches that i remember. If Cannavaro was MoM in any game, maybe once
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 08, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Even that Cannavaro win sef....na Andrea Pirlo suppose collect am. He was Man of the Match in 4 / 7 of all their matches that i remember. If Cannavaro was MoM in any game, maybe once

Pirlo was outstanding too in that tournament. Cannavaro was fantastic. However he reserved his best performances for the Semi final and finals and that is why some people think he was only good in a match or two.Don't forget their defence conceded only one goal from the group stages up until the final.Just one.That is really impressive I must say.The defence na rock dem use build am. smiley
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by martinchinedu(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2017
meanwhile someone in Manchester is busy changing hairstyle 4 us

Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by Wilfem(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2017
So surprised that Kante is not included in the lineup for the match against Middlesbrough tonight
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by guychidile: 7:27pm On May 08, 2017
ugly in face,but strong engine room for a big club like Chelsea,I salute you.keep it up.
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by naijajobx: 9:24pm On May 08, 2017
ok
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by Ekaka1(m): 10:32pm On May 08, 2017
DollarAngel:
Kante be feeling on top of the world now grin

He is sooo humble...won't even get into his head...this boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by 2kurupt(m): 10:52pm On May 08, 2017
Kemizee:

You're obviously a Barcelona fan but common that last sentence up there with you writing him off shows you don't appreciate the game of football. If you think scoring/offence is the most difficult part of the game then try defending let's see how easy you find it.

Football is a team sport, you can't categorically write of any department just coz your favorite player is not there. Yeah Messi and Ronaldo are great but can they play as goal keepers or defensive midfielders?

Balloon d'or is overrated though if a player out of a team of 11 can be singled out for recognition.
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by davidif: 3:42am On May 09, 2017
Well deserved. Probably the greatest defensive midfielder i have ever seen in my life. Hats off to the lad.
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by davidif: 3:45am On May 09, 2017
lilfreezy:
Kante's mom going for Thanksgiving on Sunday grin

hahaha, i see what you did there.
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 09, 2017
2kurupt:

You're obviously a Barcelona fan but common that last sentence up there with you writing him off shows you don't appreciate the game of football. If you think scoring/offence is the most difficult part of the game then try defending let's see how easy you find it.

Football is a team sport, you can't categorically write of any department just coz your favorite player is not there. Yeah Messi and Ronaldo are great but can they play as goal keepers or defensive midfielders?

Balloon d'or is overrated though if a player out of a team of 11 can be singled out for recognition.

No sir.I am not a fan of any club.I enjoy football.Have you ever wondered why attackers cost more than defenders?Have you?Have you ever thought why they are revered more? Is it because the football world don't see defenders or teams are stupid to buy attackers for that price?It is for a reason and the simple reason is that they score goals and goals mostly will win you matches.You can have a mediocre defence and a super attack and get away with it but you rarely have a super defence and a poor attack and win titles.Of course I appreciate all aspects of a game but truth is that defenders are not held in the same light as attackers.Never have and never will be,I want to ask you a simple question.Let's say a world class attacker like Neymar or Lewandowski or Suarez or Dybala etc. is available and the price is say 90 million Euros/Pounds..U wud hear most pipl immediately say" he is worth it..please pay up".But can you really spend 80 million pounds on a defender or goalkeeper and if you can which defenders right now in world football would you be happy to buy for 80 million pounds?I guess your answer is right in your face.A resounding NONE. You may even find it hard to convince anyone to pay that high for a midfielder let alone a defender.Are you kidding me?As for the Ballon D'or being overrated..Please tell me what exactly makes it overrated?Ronaldo and Messi have been winning it consistently because the two of them are head and shoulders above the rest of their peers right now in performance or are you saying that this is not the case?
Re: N'golo Kante Wins Footballer Of The Year Award by 2kurupt(m): 10:43am On May 10, 2017
Kemizee:

No sir.I am not a fan of any club.I enjoy football.Have you ever wondered why attackers cost more than defenders?Have you?Have you ever thought why they are revered more? Is it because the football world don't see defenders or teams are stupid to buy attackers for that price?It is for a reason and the simple reason is that they score goals and goals mostly will win you matches.You can have a mediocre defence and a super attack and get away with it but you rarely have a super defence and a poor attack and win titles.Of course I appreciate all aspects of a game but truth is that defenders are not held in the same light as attackers.Never have and never will be,I want to ask you a simple question.Let's say a world class attacker like Neymar or Lewandowski or Suarez or Dybala etc. is available and the price is say 90 million Euros/Pounds..U wud hear most pipl immediately say" he is worth it..please pay up".But can you really spend 80 million pounds on a defender or goalkeeper and if you can which defenders right now in world football would you be happy to buy for 80 million pounds?I guess your answer is right in your face.A resounding NONE. You may even find it hard to convince anyone to pay that high for a midfielder let alone a defender.Are you kidding me?As for the Ballon D'or being overrated..Please tell me what exactly makes it overrated?Ronaldo and Messi have been winning it consistently because the two of them are head and shoulders above the rest of their peers right now in performance or are you saying that this is not the case?

Attack oriented players cost more doesn't necessarily mean there are no expensive defenders or dirty cheap strikers/attacking midfielders. Overpriced evaluation of football players is actually the fault of greedy agents.

It's quite logical to pay more for strikers since their optimal years of productivity is quite short, except for rear exceptions like Ibra. We both know goalkeepers & defenders cost lesser but have a longer lifespan on the pitch thereby showing their importance.

Yeah Messi and Ronaldo have been winning the balloon d'or repeatedly & they're quite good no doubt but it doesn't mean the rest of their team mates were just chilling while Messi and Ronaldo did the whole work, so I ask why not recognise the entire team?

Football is called a team sport for a reason bruh.

Nice exchanging banter with you smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iwobi Reveals Arsenal Initiation Embarrasment / Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World’s Highest-paid Athletes In 2023 / Ligue 1 Season Is Over As No Games Will Be Allowed In France Until September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.