Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,325 members, 7,881,207 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1280997 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 4:25am On May 13, 2020
sandysilver:
I am really interested in finding out the exact amount. What time does school close, is ther after school service?

Permanent residents and citizens get subsidy for child care up to 60% of the cost below. But temporary residents including student visa will have to pay all this money out of their pocket.

So daycare ranges depending on centres.
$90-110/child/day for a standard basic registered daycare. Most operate from 7am - 6pm/7pm.
There are also family daycares about $60-$80/day/child(some registered). Then there is back of house daycare lesser than $50/day or about $6-$10/hr(not registered) these ones are flexible. The down part is they are not registered and may not have the basic skills and requirements to cater for children hence been risky for your child.

Normal school hours (Pry & Sec) runs from 8am/830am to 230pm/3pm.
Most schools (Pry) provide or have arrangements with after school care (you will pay) till around 6pm or 7pm.

Budget about $8k - $10k/session (3terms) for a primary pupil study expenses in a government school. Catholic&private cost more.
Then $10k - $15k/session in Secondary school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 4:33am On May 13, 2020
Ufodeking:
I applied for admission at Macquarie University for Master's degree, which will commence on 27 July 2020 (Session 2), studying online is the only option the offered me. should I defer the offer to the next available intake or is there any possibility that there will be lockdown lift before July 2020.
My aim is to acquire PR after my studies. Please I need your advice.

Get the facts right from the Uni,
Are you applying for an online degree?
Or the online mode is due to the travel restrictions.
If the later is the case, you can accept it albeit go through the normal process of getting your COE and applying for a visa.
Then be able to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 7:52am On May 13, 2020
Good morning everyone here, I’m newbie, I have tried Canada twice and I got refused after paying $8950 cad (the first semester tuition fees). I just thought of giving Australia a trial and see how it’s goes, please some guidelines how to go about applying for school. And I see most people on here make mention of agent, is agent important because we don’t use agents in Canada forum we did it ourselves.

Someone should please tell me list of universities I can apply to, I have 2.2 in microbiology.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Greatnessss(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2020
Hello.
Please I would like for anyone to help with the location to get a yellow card in lagos
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 9:56am On May 13, 2020
Greatnessss:
Hello.
Please I would like for anyone to help with the location to get a yellow card in lagos
You can go to the Ports Health. It is by the toll gate for the domestic airport (off airport road).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 12:46pm On May 13, 2020
jide4lagos:

5m for addmision and Visa while your sponsor must have a minimum of 16m bank statement balance for 3-6 months.

Hi, i wanted to ask if spending such amount for a graduate study is worth it. I mean the return of investment, is it great (how is the job market over there)?but i can see you live in Lagos so you might not really have a honest answer for this. Please feel free to air your opinion and others can contribute.

Warm Regards
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Greatnessss(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2020
Thanks, I'm leaving there now and the security man said they are not working due to this pandemic. Is there anywhere else I can get it?
alao1981:
You can go to the Ports Health. It is by the toll gate for the domestic airport (off airport road).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 4:31pm On May 13, 2020
lasisig5:
Good morning everyone here, I’m newbie, I have tried Canada twice and I got refused after paying $8950 cad (the first semester tuition fees). I just thought of giving Australia a trial and see how it’s goes, please some guidelines how to go about applying for school. And I see most people on here make mention of agent, is agent important because we don’t use agents in Canada forum we did it ourselves.

Someone should please tell me list of universities I can apply to, I have 2.2 in microbiology.

Nowadays, school will refer you to agent to complete your application even when you start by yourself.

Use this for course/uni search
https://cricos.education.gov.au/
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 4:36pm On May 13, 2020
Olivertripzz:

I'm really Grateful for this...

Please, what if I want to go as a Graphics/Animation Artist

Go for study? Or PR?
For study, this might help

I don't know about that field for PR.
You can check the PR thread here on NL.

Just a reminder that you need a degree and/or certification in any field you intend to use for PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 4:49pm On May 13, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Hi, i wanted to ask if spending such amount for a graduate study is worth it. I mean the return of investment, is it great (how is the job market over there)?but i can see you live in Lagos so you might not really have a honest answer for this. Please feel free to air your opinion and others can contribute.

Warm Regards

Just to clarify that the 5m mentioned expires after first semester (6months) of study.
Then #4m there about per semester for another 3 semester = #12m. That is roughly #17m total.

The job market is good, you will mostly get something to do and earn decently.

Personally i feel you can even out and recoup your investment in 2 years after study, the rest years becomes profit �.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 5:10pm On May 13, 2020
johnHadey:

Just to clarify that the 5m mentioned expires after first semester (6months) of study.
Then #4m there about per semester for another 3 semester = #12m. That is roughly #17m total.

The job market is good, you will mostly get something to do and earn decently.

Personally i feel you can even out and recoup your investment in 2 years after study, the rest years becomes profit �.
Nice, i will be joining you guy's soon cause honestly I'm tired of Nigeria. The future of Nigeria keep looking bleak and the population will keep on increasing. I need to secure the future for my unborn kids.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2020
Thanks for your response, God bless you.
I have another question please. I’m thinking of applying for nursing undergraduate, though I already have a degree please what’s my chance of securing a visa and do I need to write IELTS before applying to schools
Thanks for your response I’m grateful
johnHadey:

Nowadays, school will refer you to agent to complete your application even when you start by yourself.

Use this for course/uni search

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 2:53am On May 14, 2020
lasisig5:
Thanks for your response, God bless you.
I have another question please. I’m thinking of applying for nursing undergraduate, though I already have a degree please what’s my chance of securing a visa and do I need to write IELTS before applying to schools
Thanks for your response I’m grateful

You can get Masters of Nursing, graduate entry with your result and degree.
But graduate nursing without previous nursing experience or degree may raise a flag with immigration even if you get admission.
You can think about applying for masters of public health. Then apply for the masters of nursing when you are onshore.
The first semester of public helath will be the sacrifice, but you can always claim credit for any completed unit even if you change course or Uni. You wont have to do that unit again or pay for it.

This may be less expensive and faster.

You have to check individual school for english requirement.

You can't escape english test on this journey.
Do it now if you can and get ready to do better later.
It will solidify your application too.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jide4lagos(m): 10:06am On May 14, 2020
[quote author=Greatnessss post=89507573]Thanks, I'm leaving there now and the security man said they are not working due to this pandemic. Is there anywhere else I can get it?[/quot

If you are in Lagos State, you can go to any local government Secretariat.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paulson91: 10:42am On May 14, 2020
Good morning everyone!

their any1 here who has been contacted by immigration or contacted immigration via 1his/her Visa Application update since last month?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by explorer00: 4:04pm On May 14, 2020
Good day beautiful people, I must say, I commend everyone’s effort towards contributing immensely on this thread .

I have few questions,
I have a B.A degree(3rd class ) , no work experience, plus I’m 30yrs old. Any chance of studying in Australia?
If there’s no chance , what can I do to at least , improve my chances . Thanks ..

{*people advice me to do declaration of age(minus 5yrs of my actual age) , but I can’t do that because I already submitted my birth cert at my University which I graduated , so I think It will contradict when I request for my transcript*}

Your candid opinion will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olivertripzz: 12:53am On May 15, 2020
santity100:

What kind of advice you seeking ?

You can find list of all universities in australia online.

You don't need GRE.

What exactly are you looking for ?

Please, I studied Physics Education and I want to pursue PR in Australia... I finished 2017.
Though my intention is to have my Masters in Medical Physics..
D
Please, How do I go about it?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bdemix(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2020
Someone should please help me, my Canada study Visa has been refused for the 5th times, I contacted an agent for Australia visa, he told me my chances of getting Admission is very slim because of the high rate of refusal I got from Canada l, Pls I don't know how True is this

Please I need some guidelines because I don't want to give up on my dreams.

Someone should please tell me list of universities I can apply to, I have 2.2 in Chemistry.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 9:37pm On May 15, 2020
Brother, I think the Agent is just being fair to you, a greedy agent would collect your money knowing your chances were slim. Mos countries would consider a Canadian VISA refusal a red flag. That is why I never applied to Canada because their rate of refusal is high and could affect your chances with others.

Even here in Australia, they would be worried why an equally good country like Canada has refused you and look at your application more closely.
And I hear these countries share data and information. Maybe its time to look elsewhere especially to countries that don't care much about your refusals. i.e UK, Germany, Netherland.

You could have your Msc. in these countries and choose to migrate to Any country in the world.

Has anyone noticed how easier it is to apply for VISA's to other countries outside of Nigeria, Africa ?

bdemix:
Someone should please help me, my Canada study Visa has been refused for the 5th times, I contacted an agent for Australia visa, he told me my chances of getting Admission is very slim because of the high rate of refusal I got from Canada l, Pls I don't know how through is this

Someone should please tell me list of universities I can apply to, I have 2.2 in Chemistry.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bdemix(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2020
Thank you for your response,I will check other countries

Smile4mee01:
Brother, I think the Agent is just being fair to you, a greedy agent would collect your money knowing your chances were slim. Mos countries would consider a Canadian VISA refusal a red flag. That is why I never applied to Canada because their rate of refusal is high and could affect your chances with others.

Even here in Australia, they would be worried why an equally good country like Canada has refused you and look at your application more closely.
And I hear these countries share data and information. Maybe its time to look elsewhere especially to countries that don't care much about your refusals. i.e UK, Germany, Netherland.

You could have your Msc. in these countries and choose to migrate to Any country in the world.

Has anyone noticed how easier it is to apply for VISA's to other countries outside of Nigeria, Africa ?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokia4real: 2:00am On May 16, 2020
johnHadey:

If the later is the case, you can accept it albeit go through the normal process of getting your COE and applying for a visa.

Please I haven’t received my COE from Deakin University yet and am supposed to resume by July. Can I still defer even after the COE is out cos I can’t meet up with visa n all cos of this corona pandemic
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2020
I have been refused 2 times too that’s when I quit, I don’t know why this kenya guys keep refusing us with the same reason, I believe this shouldn’t affect your application to other countries, I will advise you to try your luck and see please don’t give up.
bdemix:
Someone should please help me, my Canada study Visa has been refused for the 5th times, I contacted an agent for Australia visa, he told me my chances of getting Admission is very slim because of the high rate of refusal I got from Canada l, Pls I don't know how True is this

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bdemix(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2020
I won't give up, I will try Australia ,Germany or UK
lasisig5:
I have been refused 2 times too that’s when I quit, I don’t know why this kenya guys keep refusing us with the same reason, I believe this shouldn’t affect your application to other countries, I will advise you to try your luck and see please don’t give up.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by explorer00: 10:07am On May 16, 2020
explorer00:
Good day beautiful people, I must say, I commend everyone’s effort towards contributing immensely on this thread .

I have few questions,
I have a B.A degree(3rd class ) , no work experience, plus I’m 30yrs old. Any chance of studying in Australia?
If there’s no chance , what can I do to at least , improve my chances . Thanks ..

{*people advice me to do declaration of age(minus 5yrs of my actual age) , but I can’t do that because I already submitted my birth cert at my University which I graduated , so I think It will contradict when I request for my transcript*}

Someone please help me out embarassed
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 1:14pm On May 16, 2020
johnHadey:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate your effort, am so grateful!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ufodeking: 1:24pm On May 16, 2020
explorer00:

I have few questions,

Age is not a big game, put the age you want in your INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT and go to court to swear affidavit on the age that appear in your passport you are good to go.(The may not even ask for the affidavit).
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by explorer00: 1:41pm On May 16, 2020
Ufodeking:
Age is not a big game, put the age you want in your INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT and go to court to swear affidavit on the age that appear in your passport you are good to go.(The may not even ask for the affidavit).

Thanks for the response .. but won’t they verify it from the school I attended ? After submitting the transcript?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ignis: 3:45pm On May 16, 2020
bdemix:
I won't give up, I will try Australia ,Germany or UK

UK Embassy don't fucking care howmany times other countries deny you VISA, provided you meet their minimum requirements.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lasisig5(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2020
I have degree in Microbiology but I’m thinking of going for Bachelor in Nursing, I don’t know anyone has done such here in this forum like I want to be sure if the visa officer won’t query me why I’m going for bachelors again after I already have bachelors in Microbiology
Please what’s my chances of securing a visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AyaE: 3:39am On May 17, 2020
explorer00:

Thanks for the response .. but won’t they verify it from the school I attended ? After submitting the transcript?

The problem with changing your age doesn't even lie with the transcript. Aussie schools don't really use affidavits anymore. They would rather ask for NPC. Do you have a current/expired international passport? Does it carry your real age? If you do then changing the age is a process that starts from BVN. The change on your passport also has to be from Abuja.
If you don't, then you would need about 2 or more documents to change it. Do you have a current/expired driver's license, voter's card or national ID card? Does it carry your real age? What age does your waec result carry?
I had this problem and I just decided to risk it and use my real age. I was 29 when I got the visa.
If you can change your age then change it. It will increase your chances of a visa truly. An NPC doc will suffice as proof for the errors on your transcript and waec. You have to also remember that you must prove your gap years and have documents to show for it. Can your claimed year fit into this gap?
Note: it's always best to be truthful in your application however if you must lie, make sure your lie is sitting on a SOLID ROCK and nothing can shake it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (689) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.