Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her (36644 Views)

Dead Coronavirus Victims In Italy Carried By Military Trucks / Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by iluvdonjazzy: 1:30pm On May 08, 2017
eyaah
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by chloride6: 1:31pm On May 08, 2017
We don't know the details of the surgery.

Was it a tumor? Or what?

If the tissue needed to be taken out, then the only story here is the unattractive stitching, which I believe can be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by 4rty(f): 1:41pm On May 08, 2017
jesse8048:
Looks like something performed by Mr Okon. it seems he over sharpened his "knife". Pls take her to a good hospital.
grin grin cheesy
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by fostermd(m): 1:51pm On May 08, 2017
The face is highly vascularised hence the healing would improve and the scar will markedly resolve except if the body is prone to keloid.We do not understand why the doctor used a long incision,he probably used the wrong suture material for closing up a facial incision.Poor surgical technique may be the reason.The outcome should be better.

1 Like

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by YesBoss1(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2017
I see many insensitive comments about the doctor, especially from those who know absolutely nothing about surgery and the process of wound healing. The wound is still, the post-operative swelling around the incision site is obvious, besides you do not know how much of the tissue the doctor had to excise to get the result we have seen. The girl will heal well with a fine scar as long as she is not genetically prediaposed to developing hypetrophic scar or keloid.

4 Likes

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by iukpe: 1:53pm On May 08, 2017
The surgeon must have been a cultist while in medical school.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Abdul124(m): 1:56pm On May 08, 2017
dnt worry it will normalise with time. By the way she is still young and alive.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by AreaFada2: 2:02pm On May 08, 2017
If indeed it is a capillary haemangioma, it could have been left alone or treated with medication (a Beta-blocker) or sometimes with corticosteroid. The scar will improve with time. Only that girls are much more sensitive about even the faintest scar or keloid in the exposed parts of the body. Just not sure if it was necessary at that point in the first place.

Since the growth wasn't obstructing the eye or nasal passage or affecting function of any part of the organs in the head. By around 24 months some are gone. By age 5, over half are gone & by age 10, well over 90% may be gone.

Although the surgeon who physically examined the child would know while he thought it necessary to operate on it.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by delishpot: 2:13pm On May 08, 2017
The incision is quite long in my opinion. I mean, was he trailing other possible cells? I would bet 90% he wasn't too sure about what to do. Hopefully she heals well and fast
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by andyanders: 2:24pm On May 08, 2017
He is a quack. Take this case to the Medical Board and file a case on him.You can equally get him arrested.
Had a lump case like this on a baby, but you cannot notice that the place was operated on after the surgery.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by mylifeisagift(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2017
Untainted007:
I'm speechless, most doctors in Nigeria are quacks because the schools they graduated from is either academic strike today, non payment of salaries strike tomorrow or no facilities to train potential doctors. The stupic doctor used the baby's head for practical.
Let's even thank God for life for the baby. If the idiot has tampered with her health what will the parents wuld have been saying for now?
Ever heard of Medical schools or Doctors using humans for practicals? Why are u guys this dump in Nigeria, thinking U know much..U patronise Quacks without medical training and come online to rant about your ineptitude...She should start with D doctors name..so we take it from there....
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by DollarAngel(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by dominique(f): 2:54pm On May 08, 2017
Nigerians, always looking for the slightest opportunity to crucify doctors. The wound is still fresh, we don't know the extent of the blood vessel damage, that's possibly why the incision went all the way to her forehead. Besides, what I am seeing here is a surface wound, let it heal first before we start calling for the doctor's head or not. No cause for panic yet.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by thesicilian: 3:17pm On May 08, 2017
YesBoss1:
I see many insensitive comments about the doctor, especially from those who know absolutely nothing about surgery and the process of wound healing. The wound is still, the post-operative swelling around the incision site is obvious, besides you do not know how much of the tissue the doctor had to excise to get the result we have seen. The girl will heal well with a fine scar as long as she is not genetically prediaposed to developing hypetrophic scar or keloid.
By the comments of most of them here, you'll know how grossly ignorant they are. Its so unfortunate. It is fashionable to abuse a professional in this country without knowing the details of the situation. Only God can help Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by thesicilian: 3:22pm On May 08, 2017
AreaFada2:
If indeed it is a capillary haemangioma, it could have been left alone or treated with medication (a Beta-blocker) or sometimes with corticosteroid. The scar will improve with time. Only that girls are much more sensitive about even the faintest scar or keloid in the exposed parts of the body. Just not sure if it was necessary at that point in the first place.

Since the growth wasn't obstructing the eye or nasal passage or affecting function of any part of the organs in the head. By around 24 months some are gone. By age 5, over half are gone & by age 10, well over 90% may be gone.

Although the surgeon who physically examined the child would know while he thought it necessary to operate on it.
Thank you. I have seen many capillary hemangiomas larger than this that resolved with time, sometimes even before the child gets to 2 - 4yrs.
But the reason I'd not criticise this doctor is, we don't have all the details of the case. For all you know the girl's mother may have even been the one pressuring the doctors to do something about it in the first place. This is Lifeline Children Hospital we are talking about, one of the best hospitals in the country when you talk about paediatrics.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by theSpark(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2017
Give it time.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by biolabog(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2017
I suggest u get a good cosmetician to wipe away dis scars on time before ur daughter accuse u in d future.
"Mummy why did u do dis to me why!!!
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Untainted007: 3:56pm On May 08, 2017
mylifeisagift:

Ever heard of Medical schools or Doctors using humans for practicals? Why are u guys this dump in Nigeria, thinking U know much..U patronise Quacks without medical training and come online to rant about your ineptitude...She should start with D doctors name..so we take it from there....

Next time do your finding befr coming here to defend anybody. Have you tried checking the name of the said hospital and see how well rated they claim to be in Surulere. If you are fortunate to know the hospital you wont come here to defend something you know nothing about. This is a hospital with very expensive rates and tend to set a high standard. More so, to an extent, I'm educated to a standardalized level, it is all medical doctors that can cover all parts of human body as vast as it is? Is that not why we have surgeons, Dentist, Gynaecologist, Pharmacists, Opticians?. Anatomy students mostly use human parts, rats, pigs etc for pratical in order to be familiar with how the human body works. You are to come here to learn, understand and use your wisdom adequately to be factual and not to be the judge over what you dont know.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by wacoj(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2017
He is certainly not a qualified doctor. Investigate him.
He MUST BE a Yoruba man!

Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Mckandre(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2017
Some doctors abi na surgeons need to practice tailoring before venturing into medicine angry
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by daftpikin: 5:50pm On May 08, 2017
benedictnsi:

unfortunately it is nigeria so wah do u suggest

Go to a better hospital for them to fix the scars
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 08, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:
A Nigerian woman @attamatwit on twitter has cried out after a head surgery carried out by a Nigerian doctor left her daughter with a large facial scar.

The lady said her daughter was diagnosed with Capillary hemangioma, a collection of bad blood cells.

According to her, the doctor said 'it was not malignant and only required a simple procedure' but she never knew the outcome would be terrible.

"On my daughter. He never even briefed me or explained how d surgery went, I only saw d extent of d damage when it was opened for dressing.."

See her tweets below;

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/
nigerian-mum-cries-out-after-surgery.html

A question was asked this morning on a programme,what happens to the common man if the president him self goes overseas for attention ... The president !!! Instead of him to improve health care he goes overseas. And tax payers pay for it .

Little wonder the little angel is made to pay for the low quality of doctors. I personally woke up during an operation in abuja and the doctors gave a stupid excuse
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by ade712: 7:46pm On May 08, 2017
You have been scammed!!!

All these boils are resolved by alternative medicine!

Those doctors just wanted to collect your money. Now you will pay more for cosmetics surgery.

The lesson is that Doctors do not know all. Seek for second and third opinions before going ahead with any procedure.

Always have it in mind that Medicine as a course is very though hence most doctors are average with grade of 50%.

That tells you that an average doctor will make wrong decision in 5 cases out of 10 consultations!!!

Be guided.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:

A Nigerian woman @attamatwit on twitter has cried out after a head surgery carried out by a Nigerian doctor left her daughter with a large facial scar.

The lady said her daughter was diagnosed with Capillary hemangioma, a collection of bad blood cells.

According to her, the doctor said 'it was not malignant and only required a simple procedure' but she never knew the outcome would be terrible.

[i]"On my daughter. He never even briefed me or explained how d surgery went, I only saw d extent of d damage when it was opened for dressing

There is a natural way for treating it, mail me
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 08, 2017
Madam next time u take her to a teaching hospital..
It's high time u stop all dis private hospital stuff.
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by bozoforce: 9:38pm On May 08, 2017
that is a fresh surgical wound not a scar. wait for healing to occur before screaming blue murder
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Momoh7(m): 10:32pm On May 08, 2017
God punish Nigeria yeye country if na lie ask buhari
Re: Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her by Xtopeee: 12:26am On May 09, 2017
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!! I shed tears for this poor girl!!!! How on earth did the Doctor/Surgeon got his CERTIFICATE??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched / Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.