Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,870 members, 7,924,777 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. (873 Views)

25% Year-end Bonus: Lagos Workers Laud Ambode / Urhobo Youths Laud Okowa Over Onuesoke’s Appointment / TB Joshua Reacts To New Gay Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by glennwater: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2010
Source: The Guardian Newspaper, Nigeria, Friday, January 08, 2010,
                     http://www.ngrguardiannews.com

THE Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Anthony Agbo, has praised The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), for its contribution to Nigeria's development, especially the Federal Government's re-branding efforts.
The lawmaker noted that the SCOAN and its pastor, Temitope Balogun Joshua, have contributed immensely to tourism development in the country.
Agbo, who spoke to reporters, said that after watching the SCOAN's Emmanuel TV, he was overwhelmed by what he saw there.
He explained that the number of foreigners who troop to the church made him think about any other spot in the country that could attract such mammoth influx of people into Nigeria, stressing that such outlet could only be possible as a blessing of God.
He therefore called on the government to bestow the highest national honour award of Grand Commander of Order of the Niger (GCON) on Pastor Joshua for his efforts to improve Nigeria's image and alleviate the people's sufferings in various ways.
His words: "I want to talk about something Nigerians have not been talking about all this while. You know whenever we want to talk about the country's independence, we talk of how painful the Nigerian state has been or how such a failure it has become. But I want to speak on a particular element, even in our country, which is so attractive to me and my personal disposition. I am talking about Pastor T. B. Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations. I am a practising Christian of the Catholic denomination. But any area I notice some fundamental value to this country I have a sense of responsibility to point out."
The senator who is also the National Patron of National Association of Disabled Persons in Nigeria, disclosed that though it was not too long he stumbled upon Emmanuel TV, he has become addicted to it more than other news channel, pointing out that the influx of citizens of different countries from many continents to benefit from healing and the un-paralleled charity works of the Synagogue made him happy to be a Nigerian.
Agbo, who represents Ebonyi North senatorial district, maintained that no single institution in the country has attracted different people from all over the world to Nigeria, describing Joshua as the greatest brand any country can ever wish to have, even as he called on other wealthy citizens and organisations to emulate the pastor's worthy example.
"Watching Emmanuel TV, I cannot see myself fail to glorify God for giving this kind of gift and man of God to Nigeria. If you watch this TV channel, you will discover that the Synagogue Church of All Nations has made Nigeria one of the world's hottest spots for religious tourism. You see the trains of different nationals, see them receive healing and instant solution to their problems and it does not stop with the healing and deliverances that are wrought by God, but when you now look at the level of the charity works this man is rendering to Nigerians that deserve them you would be overwhelmed," he stated.
He added: "In Emmanuel, I see in contrast how an individual is being used by God to gather all the people rejected by the society, dwarfs who nobody wants to associate with, widows with pathetic and plaintive cries as well as disabled persons who live under the bridges and on the streets of all states in Nigeria. He clothes, feeds and rehabilitates them. Mother Theresa of Calcutta got the Nobel prize and highest award in India. From what I have seen on Emmanuel TV, that man of God, Pastor T. B Joshua, deserves the national award in our country, GCON.
"Not only for his charitable works, but that award would also serve to glorify God. It is not for him as a person but to God for giving this gift to Nigeria and Africa, especially for bringing troubled souls from all corners of the globe to Nigeria to receive answers to their psycho-social problems. So I am really overwhelmed and I want it on record that I deeply glorify God for the gift of this man of God to Nigeria. And I am calling on President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, to give the highest national award to this Pastor. This should not be personalised because it is God that is working, so the idea is to glorify God."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article12//indexn3_html?pdate=080110&ptitle=Senator%20lauds%20church%27s%20role%20in%20tourism%20growth&cpdate=293008
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by invisible2(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2010
For some odd reason, I don't believe TB Joshua, he is acting his own script and all he is doing doesn't seem to have any real moral meaning.
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by benjax2002: 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
This man of God is really great. This shows that God is indeed using him. May God continue to bless him for the good name and image he is giving to our Nation, Nigeria
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by invisible2(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2010
God is using him and the country he comes from burns. Because of the good deeds of one man God can save a nation. Are we different? What is the benefit we get from all these men of God that continue to multiply while sin multiply more than them? Why should the men of God be getting richer while their congregation are getting poorer?
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by benjax2002: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2010
invisible!:

God is using him and the country he comes from burns. Because of the good deeds of one man God can save a nation. Are we different? What is the benefit we get from all these men of God that continue to multiply while sin multiply more than them? Why should the men of God be getting richer while their congregation are getting poorer?

That's a good question. But Prophet TB Joshua has distinguished himself. He preaches about assisting the less privileged. This man of God has assisted many less privileged not just in Nigeria but in the world at large. Check out his blog and also watch Emmanuel TV and you will see what good he has done.
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by invisible2(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2010
I watch Emmanuel tv and sometimes I just tire, the man does too much good, ok, but where does he get the money to do all that good, since he don't own a money printer then he gets his money from gifts/tithe/donations/offerings frrom the people, so its no big deal that he gives them back to the people and don't tell me he gives out everything? Where does the money for the cars, flights, other possesions come from since he don't do a 9 to 5 job like us? When christianity began, the disciples were poor, today the disciples are richer than how we learnt the lord was! And they hide behind 'giving' to collect more.
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by bettes(f): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
So because a lot of foreigners attend his church means he promotes tourism,i dont trust that senator he must be one of those miracle seekers that secretly attend synagogue in hope of becoming the next governor of his state.
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by pmartins: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
lf a senator can praise a man of God, that means he has seen the true light of God in him. and all what the senator have said inside this article are true because I have watch most of T.B Joshua clips on Emmanuel T.V how he normally help people through the works of charity. will need to embrace good thing in our land.
Re: Senator laud TB Joshua’s Role In Tourism Growth. by pmartins: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
it was really touching when readind this article because the way people are criticising T.B Joshua is like he is a different person, l dont know that some people are seeing what God is using the prophet to do in the life of many.where in this country you see pilgrims flowing, than synagogu church of all nation ? people come from different part of the world to feel the present of GOD in our nation but will never appreciate what the lord has done for us by sending T.b Joshua into our land. let us appreciate the lord doing in the life of T.B Joshua.

(1) (Reply)

Postment Of Resumption Date Of Shools By F.g. Good Or Bad? / Hatred, Abuse And Name Calling In Nairaland / Male Drivers And Female Passengers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.