Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,969 members, 7,886,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again (1027 Views)

Musa Nosa Kadiri Dies After Fall From His Apartment In New York / Rohr Says Abraham And Tomori Not Needed In Super Eagles / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again by robosky02(m): 4:04pm On May 08, 2017
Super Eagles star Nosa Igiebor slams Rohr, says he will never represent Nigeria again

Super Eagles forward Nosa Igiebor has stated clearly that he will never honor any invitation to represent his home country Nigeria again.

In October 2016, Igiebor was invited for the 2018 World Cup qualifying duel against former African champions Zambia, but he was not given a chance as Nigeria won the tie in Ndola.

NAIJ.com understands that the Rizespor Kulubu player is now perturbed that Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr failed to give him an explanation on why he was not used in the crucial match.

Nigerian international Nosa Igiebor“Yes, I granted an interview to a radio station in Nigeria, and that is the truth.“It’s true I’m no longer interested in playing for Nigeria as long as Rohr remains the coach because he disrespected me.''Rohr treated me like I’m nobody, I won’t honor any more calls unless if he assures me that I will play. I can’t watch players I’m better than play ahead of me.” the former Real Betis star was quoted to have said by Vanguard.

Meanwhile, in another related development just reaching NAIJ.com, Igiebor has denied that he never granted any interview that he would not represent Nigeria again

.”My attention has been drawn to a story by an online website that I will no longer honor national team call ups again.”Let me use this opportunity to disassociate myself from this malicious report as there is no truth in it. I remain committed to national service whenever I am called upon. God Bless Nigeria.” he said Read

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
https://sports.naij.com/1103373-super-eagles-star-nosa-igiebor-slams-rohr-represent-nigeria-again.html

Re: Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again by Arsenalholic1: 4:08pm On May 08, 2017
What manner of fuckery is this! Because he was invited for a match and not used he picks offense? This guy brain na elephant dung full am.

Has he never heard of the word "unused sub?". So the coach should coman explain why he didn't use him.

Nosa Igiebor...

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again by robosky02(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2017
and you want to ask who is Nosa Igiebor:

Emmanuel Nosakhare Igiebor (born 9 November 1990), commonly known as Nosa Igiebor or Nosa, is a Nigerian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Turkish Süper Lig club Çaykur Rizespor. He was called up to Nigeria's 23-man squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

After appearing in his homeland with Sharks and Warri Wolves, Nosa joined Tippeligaen side Lillestrøm in 2009. He held a starting spot during his time in Norway, being an important offensive unit in the 2011 campaign, netting eight times in 17 matches.

On 8 August 2011 Nosa signed for Hapoel Tel Aviv, for transfer fee of 8 million krones. On 18 August 2011, he made his debut in Hapoel during the Europa League Playoffs against FK Ekranas. Four days later he scored his first goal for Hapoel against Maccabi Petah-Tikva. On 14 May 2012, Nosa scored the winning goal in the Israeli cup final in a 2–1 victory over Maccabi Haifa.

On 24 August 2012, Nosa moved to Spain for a transfer fee of 1.2 million euro, signing a four-year deal with Real Betis. On 12 April 2013, Igiebor scored his first goal in Betis against Sevilla FC after coming on as a substitute in the 89th minute. He finished his two seasons in Betis with 2 goals in 28 appearances.

On 22 July 2014 Nosa joined Maccabi Tel-Aviv. On 30 July 2014, he made his debut in Maccabi in a 1–0 loss to Maribor during the Champions League Qualifiers.

he was a part of Keshis team that won the AFCON in 2013

Re: Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again by Tolexander: 4:41pm On May 08, 2017
Nigerian international Nosa Igiebor“Yes, I granted an interview to a radio station in Nigeria, and that is the truth.“It’s true I’m no longer interested in playing for Nigeria as long as Rohr remains the coach because he disrespected me. ''Rohr treated me like I’m nobody, I won’t honor any more calls unless if he assures me that I will play. I can’t watch players I’m better than play ahead of me.” the former Real Betis star was quoted to have said by Vanguard.
Who is he?

Where does he play for?

In what league is he plying his trade?

What is his career goal and assist?

What is the achievement of the best club he ever played for?

How many goals has he scored in his entire career?

How many goals and assists did he make while featuring for the super eagles?

If there are no tangible answers for the above questions, to hell with him.
If not of the lack of good players in the top leagues, we should not be talking of inviting Nosa Igiebor.

I wonder how this guy would act if he plays for Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Madrid.
Re: Super Eagles Nosa Igiebor Slams Rohr, Says He Will Never Represent Nigeria Again by ojun50(m): 4:48pm On May 08, 2017
Well well u play u no play that one concern u nd nfa with coach, beside i knw no say na does ten 10 naira bloggers thy do dis kind work.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Funny Conversation Between Man U And Ajax On Twitter / See List Of Invited Super Eagles Players To Face Bafana Bafana Of South Africa / (pics) Fabio Cannavaro: The Only Defender With A Balloon D'or Title In Two Decad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.