Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,914 members, 7,931,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:01 PM

End Of The World Micras - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / End Of The World Micras (765 Views)

End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video / End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars / We Will Seize Vehicles That Drive Against Traffic Until End Of Christmas - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of The World Micras by naijafeminist: 6:29pm On May 08, 2017
I used to think motorcycles were the worst thing that happened to humankind until I moved back to Ibadan. You see, these Ibadan taxi drivers are a very special breed. The Nissan Micra is their go-to car model due to its ability to conserve fuel and especially due to its maneuvering advantage as a result of its small size. Unfortunately, their total disregard for traffic rules and other road users is appalling.
Last week, I happened to witness two motorcycle accidents on the same road within a short interval. In fact, the second incident was a hit and run and the motorcycle driver's head was merely missed by an inch. Of course, a discussion about the dangerous driving of motorcycles started in the taxi I was and it was spare-headed by the taxi driver himself. I'm sure he was expecting to be cheered on for his wonderful speech but the tides turned quickly. Myself and the other passengers told him that he had no moral justification to complain about motorcycle drivers since Micra drivers were not just not any better, but were in fact far worse. We made the driver realize that the only reason they didn't get into as many accidents was because they had a vehicle body to shield them. Let's just say he lost that argument and I was satisfied that at least he knew how commuters really felt about them. Hopefully, he takes note of that and advises the rest of his kinsmen to do the same.
Another thing about this people is that they are not loyal. Several times I have stood at a point waiting for a reasonably priced taxi to take me to my destination. If after a while I move ten steps forward, I would happen to see those taking passengers for the standard price which is like 40% cheaper than the initial ones. Prices can move from N70 to N200 in a split second due to light sprinkles of rain. It is always safe to bargain with at least 3 drivers before settling for one. Never trust these people. THEY ARE NOT LOYAL!
There's one last thing I really fear about the Micras, they are shady af. I almost got kidnapped in one last year. It's a miracle how I managed to escape.
So tell me, have you had any experience with Micras? Can you share?
Have you ever been insulted by one ? That is a story for another day......

http://thenaijafeminist..com.ng/2017/05/end-of-world-micras.html
Re: End Of The World Micras by Eddygourdo(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2017
when I thought I was the only one who observed those never do wells.

1 Like

Re: End Of The World Micras by timifakay(m): 8:32pm On May 08, 2017
Once I get to Ibadan toll gate anytime I'm coming in from Lagos or Osun I have to change my orientation and be more careful because they start popping out from every corner.
Micra is an interesting car to drive and I get tempted to make those maneuvers when I'm driving it too. grin

1 Like

Re: End Of The World Micras by diportivo: 8:34pm On May 08, 2017
Micra drivers are learning

I show dem pepper whenever I drive in ibadan grin

op,u shld come see how danfo and red buses maneuver in Lagos to know dat forming "James bond" with ordinary Micra is child's play

1 Like

Re: End Of The World Micras by Izen: 8:40pm On May 08, 2017
Eddygourdo:
when I thought I was the only one who observed those never do wells.

Ouch!!
Re: End Of The World Micras by Izen: 8:42pm On May 08, 2017
diportivo:
Micra drivers are learning

I show dem pepper whenever I drive in ibadan grin

op,u shld come see how danfo and red buses maneuver in Lagos to know dat forming "James bond" with ordinary Micra is child's play

Trust me, I've lived in both cities. At least, you can see the danfo buses coming. Micras just pop out of everywhere and nowhere in particular.
Re: End Of The World Micras by diportivo: 9:05pm On May 08, 2017
Izen:

Trust me, I've lived in both cities. At least, you can see the danfo buses coming. Micras just pop out of everywhere and nowhere in particular.

I get ur point

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry SE 2015 For Sale / Steering Beam / New Samsung On7 Prosmartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.