Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,297 members, 7,900,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets (28121 Views)

Bamidele Salam Challenges Fashola To 90-Day Road Travel Tour / 2019 Elections: Collect Bribe, It’s Your Money – Fashola To Voters / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by spinoff: 3:52pm On May 09, 2017
arsenal33:
May be the owners of the DISCOS thought they were buying nightclubs!
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by deomelo: 3:53pm On May 09, 2017
VULCAN:
Fashola is just discovering what everybody else has known for over two years and you are here clapping for him.

Perhaps now he has discovered the glaringly obvious he can take some action sometime before 2022!

Before APC won the election he said "its not rocket science" to give us electricity.

Now he has climbed to the seat he has found out that it is quantum physics.

Rubbish.

The man was right because it is not, the fact that crooked and corrupt GEJ and the PDP screwed everything up doesn't mean it is rocket science.

The FG/Fashola can not do anything beyond what he's doing or regulation, the keyword here is PRIVATE as in PRIVATIZATION, meaning it's now private and not government so exactly what can Fashola do constitutionally beyond what he's doing?

Understand the issues on the table before whining.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2017
politeboy:
mr fashola this is what nigeria inherited from pdp. its pure politics by pdp. pls clean the shit and pooh made by pdp. Discos that cannot supply or install ordinary cable what do u expect. this discos are all briefcase companies. pls terminate their contract and bring in better people. useless pdp.

C O W spotted.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Basfaq(m): 5:58pm On May 09, 2017
If Nigeria government can force them to give us prepaid meter they will sit tight.Then they will know what they are doing when they don't make any money. grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by sweetgala(m): 6:12pm On May 09, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Hmm. I respect the sanctity of contract but I do not believe that the government should obey a contract which did not meet the laid down requirement and was still is not able to perfom it's contractual duty. The Privatisation exercise carried out by Nnamdi Sambo was one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria. Power Assets were given to criminals who are incompetent like Emeka Offor etc.
I recommend that their contracts should be cancelled and new exercises.

Abeg don't give Mr Absent Samboribobo loads that's not his, the privatisation was conducted by GEJ with the support of David Mark
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by dany4life(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2017
bareal:

Firstly, the discos have not invested any money as they have made Nigerians think.
Secondly, they didn't do any better even when there was no inflation.
I have top engineer with BEDC warri branch and he made me to understand that owners obviously know nothing about these things, all that they want in their mediocre thinking is just to make money. They don't have the interest of the nation at heart. It's just an opportunity for them to make money and they are making it in billions. no thanks to the witchcraft agreement that after all cannot be terminated
that's the plain truth
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by dany4life(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2017
Basfaq:
If Nigeria government can force them to give us prepaid meter they will sit tight.Then they will know what they are doing when they don't make any money. grin
that's the fact and that's why they have refused to make this prepaid unavalaible so they can continue dancing thier discos with peoples money 24 hours light in month for two bedroom flat 6000 naira you ask why they will cut the light carry your cable that you bought with your money when you manage to to pay the 6000 they will tell you reconnection is #2000 in some places its it's #5000
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=sweetgala post=56361841]

Abeg don't give Mr Absent Samboribobo loads that's not his, the privatisation was conducted by GEJ with the support of David Mark[/quote
He was the head of the committee that oversaw the process. He was in charge.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2017
blank:

First off, govt should pay what it's ministries and security outfits are owing. Then, TCN through NBET (govt owned institutions) should not be using exchange rate of N400 to bill the DISCOs when it was N198 that was the agreed price at the last tariff increase. Then they can modify as they go along.
OK. You are very knowledgeable about the issue. I wager that u are a person of interest in there.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by blank(f): 12:10am On May 10, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

OK. You are very knowledgeable about the issue. I wager that u are a person of interest in there.

Not really. Based on my present portfolio, i am privy to a lot of the dealings with several DISCOs.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2017
blank:

Not really. Based on my present portfolio, i am privy to a lot of the dealings with several DISCOs.

That's nice. Keep it up.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Nobody: 7:57am On May 10, 2017
Ajibel:
Seriously, Fashola needs to be more harsh on these guys. They are soiling his reputation and it looks as if the Minister is incompetent in his duties whereas it's the discos that are sabotaging his efforts by rejecting loads given to them.

No one forced them to buy during the privatization bid.

It's just unfortunate that nothing can be done now. Their licenses or contracts cant be revoked. We just have to live with the mess.

Oga who said it can't be revoked? A situation affecting the nation's survival is what you're saying we should live with abeg stop dropping such statement next time...
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Ajibel(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2017
ejibaba:

Oga who said it can't be revoked? A situation affecting the nation's survival is what you're saying we should live with abeg stop dropping such statement next time...

Bro, so if you were in the govt's shoes you'll revoke the contract knowing this could do a lot of damage to our economy?
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by Nobody: 9:13am On May 10, 2017
Ajibel:

Bro, so if you were in the govt's shoes you'll revoke the contract knowing this could do a lot of damage to our economy?

FYI its already damaging our economy...i tell you in the long run we will be faced with this option so the earlier the better.
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by josite: 9:43am On May 10, 2017
fashola whose response to a charge of doing a private website for 70m plus on the way out of office is "i dont sign cheques' still has mouth to accuse anybody of buying anything through inflated contracts to relatives.

Hilary Clinton said it all "nigeria avoids hard choices and makes bad choices and has to suffer for it"
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by sweetgala(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2017
[quote author=Maduawuchukwu post=56364731][/quote]

Samboribobo was not in charge of anything through the Jonathan year, thankfully he is the only person​ that was more inept than GEJ in that administration
Re: Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets by LordAdam16: 5:36pm On May 10, 2017
blank:

BEDC is not all the DISCOs. And i seriously disagree with what your top engineer has told you. He sounds like one of the pained PHCN staff that have their alternative sources of livelihood being cut short. Even if he is the Business Manager of Warri Business Unit, i doubt he is competent enough to give such feedback.

BEDC that has spent money in creating relief feeders and purchasing new MW transformers. Remember that it is a value chain with TCN being the major bottleneck. TCN has to make power available to an injection substation from which the DISCOs then distribute to our individual houses through a network of feeders and transformers. Where they add value is in creating additional feeders to relieve the overloaded feeders, repairing/replacing faulty transformers, ensuring a fair and reasonable measurement of energy consumed and providing multiple ways to make seamless and stress free payments. In it's simplest form.

But a situation where people will gladly bypass and are happy to let others pay for the energy they consumed whilst screaming and swearing at the DISCOs for not providing 24hrs light is not also healthy for the country.

You seem to believe you are communicating with informed people. 95% of the people on this thread are equiv to artisans discussing about the difference between PPP and GDP.

Every party is at fault in this power squabble. And because they all know the power situation can certainly not be resolved in the next decade, they all play to the media and generate, transmit, and distributes blames (rather than electricity) to each player in the industry. It's an ugly situation and it's this ugly because the people know squat and have very silly, uninformed expose on what the problem with the power sector really is.

So, you may have to save your strength and let them wallow in ignorance. It takes nothing to do independent research, but these folks prefer their delusions.

-Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defeat Is Painful – Davido Mocks Oyetola Over Tribunal Petition / No Cancellation Of Any Election Results – Yakubu / Ministerial Screening: Fresh Plot To Stop Amaechi Thickens

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.