Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:48 PM

Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu (967 Views)

Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by nisai: 3:10pm On May 09, 2017
Oba Akiolu disowns false claims on Lagos history.

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwanu Akiolu today in a chat with a few journalists dismissed as "the ranting of idiots" a trending story that Lagos is not a Yorubaland.

Speaking at the Jumat service held at the Lagos Central Mosque today, the Oba said those who wish to distort the history of and Lagos the "undisputable Yoruba seal" are free to do so but that "facts are different from fiction."

The Oba stated "I have nor issued any statement on the origin of Lagos.

Its unfortunate that idiots and vagabounda have taken over the cyber space.

As a king, I do not need to respond to any silly statement I read on the internet."

He said anybody who says Lagos is not Yoruba land "must be an idiot".

The Oba said it is not in his character to discuss issues of importance and royalty with "unstable minds" whom he said are out to distort the "legendary Yoruba history of which Lagos is proud of".

He said "let those people say anything they like. They can even say that Lagos belongs to Iraq.

But the truth is that "history of Lagos and her Yoruba heritage dates back to 10th century which no one can eraze."

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by VirginFinder: 3:12pm On May 09, 2017
I said it!

The Oba could never have spewed the much celebrated bunkum by the ever envious, ever pained and ever deluded yEasterners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by Histrings08(m): 3:16pm On May 09, 2017
Yes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by ODVanguard: 3:23pm On May 09, 2017
If that's the case, then some bini impostor/wannabe land-grabber must have been responsible for the said report.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by Jetleeee: 3:27pm On May 09, 2017
OP abeg post the source so the mods can move it to FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by Oladimejyy(m): 3:37pm On May 09, 2017
A
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by ODVanguard: 3:45pm On May 09, 2017
@nisai: Add the source of the report to give it more credibility, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by Tolexander: 4:29pm On May 09, 2017
Its unfortunate that idiots and vagabounda have taken over the cyber space.

As a king, I do not need to respond to any silly statement I read on the internet."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2017
Afonja Gidi ni wa... hit like if u love afonja people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by FisifunKododada: 7:34pm On May 09, 2017
grin grin grin Igbos right now grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by VirginFinder: 8:11pm On May 09, 2017
Where are the yEasterners who were rejoicing the other time?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu by XAUBulls: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2023
nisai:
Oba Akiolu disowns false claims on Lagos history.

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwanu Akiolu today in a chat with a few journalists dismissed as "the ranting of idiots" a trending story that Lagos is not a Yorubaland.

Speaking at the Jumat service held at the Lagos Central Mosque today, the Oba said those who wish to distort the history of and Lagos the "undisputable Yoruba seal" are free to do so but that "facts are different from fiction."

The Oba stated "I have nor issued any statement on the origin of Lagos.

Its unfortunate that idiots and vagabonds have taken over the cyber space.

He said anybody who says Lagos is not Yoruba land "must be an idiot".

The Oba said it is not in his character to discuss issues of importance and royalty with "unstable minds" whom he said are out to distort the "legendary Yoruba history of which Lagos is proud of".

He said "let those people say anything they like. They can even say that Lagos belongs to Iraq.

But the truth is that "history of Lagos and her Yoruba heritage dates back to 10th century which no one can erase."
Bump.

Eko akete, ilu ogbon!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Youth Organization Of Nigeria Awarded Hon. Tony Elebo (photos) / History Of Birnin Lalle And Her Sculptured King, Sarki Kututturu / 7th Ebira Carnival: Seven New Features To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.