Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,961 members, 7,933,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:49 AM

Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment (42042 Views)

Wife Pours Boiling Water On Her Husband In Bayelsa For Slapping Her (Graphic) / Brother ‘sets’ Pregnant Sister Ablaze For ‘slapping’ Mum / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by ocheejemb: 8:07am On May 10, 2017
There's nothing for her to be grateful for here. Is it the British oxygen that she should be thankful for? She couldnt send money home, couldn't save, wasn't improving her own prospects. Visa 50k. Passport 10k. Ticket 200k. So how could they have spent millions? Yes, there are multiple sides to any story, and then the truth - but they were wicked and greedy to agree £450 and pay £80, then slap an adult for asking for more money. If that kind of exploitation goes unchecked in Nigeria, they should have known it can't fly In Britain.

blackberlin:

I never called her an ingrate. I said she shouldn't be an ingrate. You should know that those who spent millions in taking her over there would most likely not just give her a mere 20 pounds. Some Nigerians go abroad and try to blackmail people so they can cash out big time.

People shouldn't jump into conclusion cos only God knows the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by ocheejemb: 8:18am On May 10, 2017
Best comment on this thread. You hit the nail on the head very articulately
Mayflowa:

There is no better life in London than Nigeria. The weather stabs you in your chest, the food is awkward and no playmate to hobnob with. The only joy derived is the good infrastructure and opportunity to earn more money. Without money, to hell with infrastructure.

It is not out of kindness the doctor and wife brought the lady to UK. She is the easiest target to be used. She was house help to their parents with little or no paid and they felt they could continue the trend in London. An hourly pay for maids is 20 pounds. That is 200 pounds for 10 hour day and 1400 pounds a week. This couple intends to use and enfeeble the poor maid until she is not useful to herself and the society. So don't defend their wickedness
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by stevecantrell: 8:28am On May 10, 2017
otokx:

Kindly relate their own version of the circumstances. Most Nigerians in Uk prefer to use househelps from the Agency who are mostly Romanians or Polish.

I havent made contact to find out what went down since the news story.
I would think they will want to keep a low profile and stay quiet till this blows over.
Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by KevMitnick: 11:13am On May 10, 2017
toyetade:

Wise man I have no word for yu because you are from the gutter. You are not mature with all the gabage you put up there We are not in the same class. I'm talking as professional iving in the UK on the last 16years
Shut your trap. I feel like you are keeping someone as a slave. I pray to God that the authorities clamp down on you soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment by paradice: 12:25pm On May 10, 2017
lilfreezy:
Wickedness na them

The dress na afonja dress nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FBI List: We’ve Found N486m, Arrested 28 - EFCC / Ten Reasons Nigerian Youths Shouldn't Engage In Fraud (yahoo Yahoo) / Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.