Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,079 members, 7,931,695 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? (10802 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!! / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by mendax: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
Theblessed:

Imagine, your car break down in any Nigerian Motor way, are you crazy? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Better put it on fire and throw away the key before you catch the next Coach to the nearest town/city else, don't blame me!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

coach in nigeria?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
mendax:

coach in nigeria?

Yes, there are some good ones!lol!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
Theblessed:

You see, some people blames it on illiteracy but don't think so - education and exposure has nothing to do with this because, Nigeria has the highest number of educated and well travelled elite in the whole of Africa rather, we need serious social and cultural changes and that would do Nigeria a lot of good.

That is it! I think We are now at the point where we are in dire need of a complete overhaul !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
mendax:

this issue of standing up to fight is becoming more and more loud, the thing don dey fear me sef

No, don't be afraid! Fear is a spirit and that spirit needs to be broken.  And its this fear that has kept Nigeria undeveloped till now.  In order to achieve any thing in this country, we have to take the bulls by the horn and smash it.  Enough, is enough!!!

Imagine, over 50 years of Independence nothing has been achieved up till now, for this great and blessed Country and we have had our Liquid Gold for over 55years now so, what are we afraid of? Dying??  

Hence, the cowardice the guy is talking about as there is no courageous man in Nigeria - they only show up their strength/power where women issues are and I leave you to draw your own conclusion about them. They want we women to do their duty jobs for them - we won't.  All we want is our Equal Rights and we will get it!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is it! I think We are now at the point where we are in dire need of a complete overhaul !

Absolutely, Kobo! Enough is enough of this bull-sh-t in this country and we suppose to have men here?  Do we and where are they? Hidden away, eh?

Anyway, sis I love your sig.!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by iluvnaija: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
In 1989 even as tough as the military, Nigerians came to fight for SAP riot but now we are in democracy nothing is happening! Respect to the great fela. He has already seen the problems of this country even when we were still very young. I am afraid the nation is gone and she is not coming back. "Demonstration of craze!" I better nationalize to become a Burundian LOL
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by mamagee3(f): 12:20am On Jan 14, 2010
Since when did cowards originate from only Nigeria?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Jan 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Since when did cowards originate from only Nigeria?

who has MADE THAT CLAIM so far?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by H2O2: 12:36am On Jan 14, 2010
Theblessed:

Absolutely, Kobo! Enough is enough of this bull-sh-t in this country and[b] we suppose to have men here? Do we and where are they? Hidden away, eh?

Anyway, sis I love your sig.![/b]
That was daft! I'm tired of reading painstakingly through sexist tripes like that.
Being boisterous behind a computer screen from the confines of your home or office, while seated on your calabash yansh. What's stopping you as a woman from vacating your seat? You too can do something about it unless you mean to tell me that women are inferior to men.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by mamagee3(f): 12:45am On Jan 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

who has MADE THAT CLAIM so far?

Did you read the title of the thread? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by bkbaybe99: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2010
^^^ Do u notice that I 've made it a habit to always ignore u?!!?!^^^^
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jan 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Did you read the title of the thread? undecided

What has the title of the thread to do with what you posted? The title does not have the word ONLY in it, yet you are quick to assume that. By the way, you do realize this is a Forum about mainly about NIGERIA and Issues that have to do with NIGERIA?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 1:46am On Jan 14, 2010
H2O2:

That was daft! I'm tired of reading painstakingly through sexist tripes like that.
Being boisterous behind a computer screen from the confines of your home or office, while seated on your calabash yansh.  What's stopping you as a woman from vacating your seat?  You too can do something about it unless you mean to tell me that women are inferior to men.

Now, you want us to go to war front but won't accept we are equals. 

So, by wanting us to do something, has it finally occurred to you that men and women are equal and that we have equal rights as you And that we should be treated with respect just as you? Well, to get us vacating our seats according to you and, challenge the powers at Abuja, we are challenging you guys now to imprint these Rights in the Nigerian Constitution then, you will know what Nigerian women can do. Try it! Don't be scared!!

I know you guys won't do it 'cos you're frightened we would take over the Universe and, we will because, there's no man in the house! Show me? Where are they?  Y  o  u??  You bet your luck!

Glad, you've finally accepted that you guys have been undermining our rights for so long, frightened people!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 1:54am On Jan 14, 2010
Theblessed:

Now, you want us to go to war front but won't accept we are equals. 

So, by wanting us to do something, has it finally occurred to you that men and women are equal and that we have equal rights as you And that we should be treated with respect just as you? Well, to get us vacating our seats according to you and, challenge the powers at Abuja, we are challenging you guys now to imprint these Rights in the Nigerian Constitution then, you will know what Nigerian women can do. Try it! Don't be scared!!

I know you guys won't do it 'cos you're frightened we would take over the Universe and, we will because, there's no man in the house! Show me? Where are they?  Y  o  u??  You bet your luck!

Glad, you've finally accepted that've been undermining our rights for so long, frightened people!

pls educate me. What aspect of the Nigeria constitution says women are less than men or vice versa?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 2:06am On Jan 14, 2010
OAM4J:

pls educate me. What aspect of the Nigeria constitution says women are less than men or vice versa?

So, you already know that?  Why do you guys treat us as 2nd Citizens?  You watch Nigerian men publicly and verbally abusing, intimidating and controlling women as if we have no Souls and our skin don't bleed. 

Since you know that, isn't it time you start acting it and educating your brothers to that effect, for the sake of unity? Or do we have to remind you that we exist and own this country as much as you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 2:17am On Jan 14, 2010
Theblessed:

So, you already know that?  Why do you guys treat us as 2nd Citizens?  You watch Nigerian men publicly and verbally abusing, intimidating and controlling women as if we have no Souls and our skin don't bleed. 

Since you know that, isn't it time you start acting it and educating your brothers to that effect, for the sake of unity? Or do we have to remind you that we exist and own this country as much as you?

No one makes you inferior without your consent.

Looks like you have a personal issues with some Nigerian men. Sorry am not one of the Nigerian men you describe here, so cant answer your questions.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Theblessed(f): 2:22am On Jan 14, 2010
OAM4J:

Looks like you have a personal issues with some Nigerian men. Sorry am not one of the Nigerian men you describe here, so cant answer your questions.

C  R  A  P  !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Jan 14, 2010
OAM4J:

Please be honest and fair!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 4:33am On Jan 14, 2010
Theblessed:

C  R  A  P  !

Thank you. It's ok.

Kobojunkie:

Please be honest and fair!!

What honesty or fairness do you talk about?

That I treat women as 2nd citizens? Hell NO!

or that I intimidate or control women? How? the way I see it only someone with a complex can be intimidated or controlled.

I have worked with many women and I have had women as my bosses in the past and have had no problem with them cos they are women.

If there are men who still do that in 2010, it is the responsibility of the women concerned/affected to demand their right and honour.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by chiogo(f): 4:59am On Jan 14, 2010
LOL @Theblessed.

The only cowards I see are the leaders. tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On Jan 14, 2010
OAM4J:

Thank you. It's ok.

What honesty or fairness do you talk about?

That I treat women as 2nd citizens? Hell NO!

or that I intimidate or control women? How? the way I see it only someone with a complex can be intimidated or controlled.

I have worked with many women and I have had women as my bosses in the past and have had no problem with them cos they are women.

If there are men who still do that in 2010, it is the responsibility of the women concerned/affected to demand their right and honour.

For one, it is not a secret that women, in our society, on the major part are still considered second class citizens. Only a couple of months ago, a mob went out despoiling women in pants somewhere in Abia state and that was not the first time. This mob believed it was OK punishment for wearing what they did not want them wearing. In other places, it is sort of accepted norm to strip a woman unclothed as a way of shaming her. In the north, I don't need to tell you how majority of women there are treated. And this problem is not limited to any particular group.

That you do not do it DOES NOT in anyway mean the problem is not there and this is not just a Nigeria-only problem. I say this because I believe Africa as a whole needs serious turn around in this area.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 12:36am On Jan 15, 2010
@the blessed, you always find a way of tisting the topic and coming up with some hilarious (IMO) talk. you talk of there being no real men in Nigeria - not going to talk about that- but are there real women (in ur defination of real)? this reminds me of the Aba womens' riot, were those real women or not?

OAM4J:

OAM4J, that's kind of the best talk I have heard in a while. I think its more of issues with everything black
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

@the blessed, you always find a way of tisting the topic and coming up with some hilarious (IMO) talk. you talk of there being no real men in Nigeria - not going to talk about that- but are there real women (in your defination of real)? this reminds me of the Aba womens' riot, were those real women or not?
OAM4J, that's kind of the best talk I have heard in a while. I think its more of issues with everything black

Define real women please?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 1:45am On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Define real women please?

that's what am asking theblessed to do. she was talking of real men. what's the defination of real according to her?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

that's what am asking theblessed to do. she was talking of real men. what's the defination of real according to her?

It will be hard to DENY that in most african societies( cultures to be specific) there is sort of an idea of what a REAL MAN is. Most cultures lift the man above the woman in every way possible. That has led to much of the inequality we notice today in most all places. Not sure how asking her to define it makes a difference.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 2:01am On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It will be hard to DENY that in most african societies( cultures to be specific) there is sort of an idea of what a REAL MAN is. Most cultures lift the man above the woman in every way possible. That has led to much of the inequality we notice today in most all places. Not sure how asking her to define it makes a difference.

for the bolded, its not just African societies. But the issue is that when u ask what u mean by a 'real man', u get no clear cut answer. i think it has to do with the state of mind of the society at a particular point.
i do believe that women are inferior to men (subject to discussion), therefore i feel that when u complain about the absence of 'real men', it also includes women.

what do u think a real man is?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

for the bolded, its not just African societies. But the issue is that when u ask what u mean by a 'real man', u get no clear cut answer. i think it has to do with the state of mind of the society at a particular point.
i do believe that women are inferior to men (subject to discussion), therefore i feel that when u complain about the absence of 'real men', it also includes women.

If you

a) Agree that society does stipulate that there are real men

b) Agree that many out there, including yourself believe women are inferior

Why ask her? Why not ask Society just that question? And why not answer that question for yourself since you already admit your believe women are inferior men(beings), to you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by NIGboi(m): 2:11am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

[b]i do believe that women are inferior to me[/b]n (subject to discussion), therefore i feel that when u complain about the absence of 'real men', it also includes women.

now that's my bad. i meant to say 'are not'. i do not believe women are inferior.
Kobojunkie:

If you

a) Agree that society does stipulate that there are real men

b) Agree that many out there, including yourself believe women are inferior

Why ask her? Why not ask Society just that question? And why not answer that question for yourself since you already admit your believe women are inferior men(beings), to you?
I ask her because she definately has a description for real men. so in order to fully understand her point, i need to know waht she means by it.
your second point is invalid, my mistake.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by OAM4J: 3:33am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

@the blessed, you always find a way of tisting the topic and coming up with some hilarious (IMO) talk. you talk of there being no real men in Nigeria - not going to talk about that- but are there real women (in your defination of real)? this reminds me of the Aba womens' riot, were those real women or not?

thanks.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

now that's my bad. i meant to say 'are not'. i do not believe women are inferior.I ask her because she definately has a description for real men. so in order to fully understand her point, i need to know waht she means by it.
your second point is invalid, my mistake.

OK! Let us go with your NOT believing women are inferior, but don't you agree that you are in the minority, when it comes to Africa, and Nigeria in general? I mean there is no need for us to feign ignorance of this problem, even at this time. Women are generally considered inferior in our society and the womenfolk are still fighting that to a greater extent than their european and western counterparts.

About who a real man is, I still believe society creates these ideologies and society can best answer that question.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Anabel(f): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2010
Nobody wants to listen to the truth, even here on NL, one man cannot defeat them, we have to stand together as one but some ppl are betrayers, its flowing in their blood
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by shilling(f): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2010
Interesting that a non-Nigerian, but he's so interested in what goes on in our country. You raised some valid points here and there, nevertheless, it is rude and downright disrespectful to call a person, or group of people cowards. If you really care that much, go over to Naija and make a difference, if not, go read a book or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

VIPs Fly In Military Helicopters To Azazi's Burial / Jonathan, Kufuor Set For Obasanjo’s Reception. / Gentlemen, I Have Just Been Informed That There Is Going To Be A Coup Tonight

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.