Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) (28702 Views)

Trump Sacks National Security Adviser (John Bolton) / Donald Trump Sacks Adebayo Ogunlesi As Adviser / Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by aleeyus(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2017
grin
sunshineV:

no, lets roast it
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by kjhova(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2017
Sunnycliff:

No am not, so is she too!

So as nobody is a saint, it really doesn't matter if Mrs. Clinton isn't. Mr. Trump, jolly well, isn't a saint either and no one is expected to be a saint anyways.

The question is about abuse of office and or Russian government intrusion into US elections. An independent investigation is the only sensible option as of now as a Trump appointee FBI director can't be expected yo investigate his benefactor.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by tete7000(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2017
braine:
Nairaland can be very slow in giving news realtime sha. This broke a long while ago. undecided

If na mercy aigbe or snake news, it go don teach front page tete. It shows where priority of the mods are.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by dasoul(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2017
Elder4sure:
Pls what is the equivalent of FBI in Nigeria and who is the director?

Hmmmm.... You know how we duplicate offices in Naija now. The office is like the office of the IG of police, EFCC , ICPC and the Code of conduct Bureau Chairmen, most recently the DSS head combined.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by tempel(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2017
5&6 Nairaland & old news Ali & pawpaw

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by savagefinder: 6:54pm On May 10, 2017
ekensi01:
laughing stock never started today, right from the time Americans drop God.
so you that have God where are you now? BTW what i dunno the world you have been living in but America was the greatest nation on earth until trump came along... This one u are bringing God inside, oro ye ti sumi

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by EngrXrix(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2017
To me I feel this whole thing is ochestrated.... there are a lot of question marks In this controversy ..
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by ekensi01: 7:51pm On May 10, 2017
savagefinder:
so you that have God where are you now? BTW what i dunno the world you have been living in but America was the greatest nation on earth until trump came along... This one u are bringing God inside, oro ye ti sumi

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by davidif: 8:53pm On May 10, 2017
hostlink:
The United States President Donald Trump has sack the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) James Comey.

Trump, in a letter to Comey, said he appreciated the sacked FBI chief “for informing me on three different occasions that I am not under investigation.

“Dear Director Comey: I have the recently attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

“I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office effective immediately.

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.

“It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

“I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours,” Trump said in a letter dated Tuesday to Comey.

In a statement issued by White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, the President said Comey’s sack was with immediate effect.

“Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office.

“President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“The FBI is one of our Nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement.”

Trump said a search for a new permanent FBI Director will begin immediately.

Comey has come under fire from Democrats since Oct. 28, 2016, when he sent a letter reviewing the emails of the Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, two weeks before the presidential election.

The Democrats have also continued to criticize Comey for not indicting Trump over his possible links to Russia.

Trump’s Republicans on the other hand, criticized him for not carrying out criminal prosecution against Clinton.

Comey appeared on Monday before the Senate Committee investigating the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

source http://www.reportaroundyou.com/donald-trump-sacks-director-federal-bureau-investigation-fbi-comey/

What even makes it worse is that he saw that he was fired on tv while in Los Angeles delievering a speech to the FBI office there.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by davidif: 8:57pm On May 10, 2017
signature2012:
Used and dump Comey.

What i got from this is that its always good to do the right thing no matter what. Sally Yates, former interim atty general got fired by Trump for refusing to defend Trump's unconstitutional travel ban but at least she went away with her head held high. James Comey went against FBI protocol to appease the mob and STILL got fired. Guess who the hero is today?

Tomorrow, future FBI recruits would be taught about what Comey did and how it should never be repeated again. Sally Yates would go down as a courageous lady who was courageous in the face of adversity and injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by factwriter(m): 9:10pm On May 10, 2017
braine:
Nairaland can be very slow in giving news realtime sha. This broke a long while ago. undecided

Nairaland is a forum for discussion and not for "News Bulletin".

Why should anyone help SEUN turn this forum into a main stream media outlet while he (Seun) continues to anonymously hover his lazy azz in oblivion

like some dudes would quib -who Seun EPP
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by 40ng: 9:30pm On May 10, 2017
Trump my name sake ... "."
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 10, 2017
Lol upon the guy's influence on his win, much betrayal. I smell an Independent Counsel

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 12:22am On May 11, 2017
neocortex:
This is a move by Trump to disrupt the Russia probe,
the new FBI Director will be recruited for one purpose,
that is to shield Trump from investigation and go after his
enemies.
But with the US robust check and balances, I expect
this like most of Trump's plan to fail.

You are the only one that made sense in that first page, the rest just mumbling nonsense. The quality of members on nairaland is so poor now

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nature8(m): 6:43am On May 11, 2017
megrimor:
Nigeria

Lol
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 8:20am On May 11, 2017
Jchi9876:
DT will not serve a full term I can swear with the flat head of my yheebo Asian developers from the East
Were u nt the same person who said Donald trump can't never smells white house?
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 8:24am On May 11, 2017
[quote author=ekensi01 post=56397924][/quote]
Donald trump make America great again.
While Obama was the one who be little america.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 8:27am On May 11, 2017
kjhova:

So as nobody is a saint, it really doesn't matter if Mrs. Clinton isn't. Mr. Trump, jolly well, isn't a saint either and no one is expected to be a saint anyways.

The question is about abuse of office and or Russian government intrusion into US elections. An independent investigation is the only sensible option as of now as a Trump appointee FBI director can't be expected yo investigate his benefactor.
What about appointing independent investigator to investigate the sales of 30% uranium to russia?
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 8:30am On May 11, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. I sent believe that bull crap. I only summarised the article. Did you know, US watched Russia hacked the French systems during election?

Do u no Obama intervene in french election?
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 8:35am On May 11, 2017
savagefinder:
how different is he from trump that came into a great country like America and now they have become a laughing stock amongst world powers
America is still the world power. You hate Trump cos he will not allow you gain access to america. Get over it. APC xombie

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by kjhova(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

What about appointing independent investigator to investigate the sales of 30% uranium to russia?

That is for the US Senate to decide and it is welcome for every democracy to show transparency. That way, you won't need to toss "30% uranium to Russia" about as if it is a guilty verdict already.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by savagefinder: 9:21am On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

America is still the world power. You hate Trump cos he will not allow you gain access to america. Get over it. APC xombie
ignorance is ur problem.. But stupidity was the problem passed down to you...which person in this world doesn't now that Russia is now the most powerful in politics? Even before Obama left, Vladimir Putin had already become the most powerful man in the world. Why will I hate trump? Is he buying me goods? Is he using my service? It's the plain truth and the less you start thinking objectively the better for you.. Because someone is pointing out errors from trump he is now in apc, so those whites that are against him are also for apc abi?.. The Congress that blocked his immigration rule is for apc? BTW, if you've read my posts you will know I am not in support of buhari, every normal human would not..
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 9:27am On May 11, 2017
savagefinder:
ignorance is ur problem.. But stupidity was the problem passed down to you...which person in this world doesn't now that Russia is now the most powerful in politics? Even before Obama left, Vladimir Putin had already become the most powerful man in the world. Why will I hate trump? Is he buying me goods? Is he using my service? It's the plain truth and the less you start thinking objectively the better for you.. Because someone is pointing out errors from trump he is now in apc, so those whites that are against him are also for apc abi?.. The Congress that blocked his immigration rule is for apc? BTW, if you've read my posts you will know I am not in support of buhari, every normal human would not..
Congress blocked immigration rule? U re uninform dude.. u don't no what is going on in this world, don't claim as if u do. It was the nine circuit court who blocked the order and was nt congress. Get over this nitw it

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Jchi9876: 10:23am On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

Were u nt the same person who said Donald trump can't never smells white house?

Your grammar stinks like a skunk
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 11, 2017
Jchi9876:

Your grammar stinks like a skunk
Leave the grammar and face the topic.
I was nt born wit grammar.
Come back to naija, you fustrated id iot . Is it by force to stay in his country when he doesn't want you.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Sakes: 12:09pm On May 11, 2017
ekensi01:
They is something unique i use to see from all American presidents, they use to act as if they were train already for the job, always following a unique way. when you turn your camera to Nigeria...... Na story only. Go on sir

That's because they, the Media especially has a way if hiding these rather stark Mistakes so you won't recognize them.. ..
Apparently, this is one rather premeditated.. ...so you won't know who made the MISTAKE.. .
The Comet is a Scale Goat that dies the real ISSUE!! !!

Did you get that?? ??

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Jchi9876: 1:34pm On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

Leave the grammar and face the topic.
I was nt born wit grammar.
Come back to naija, you fustrated id iot . Is it by force to stay in his country when he doesn't want you.

Ode. His country my country Oponu with recessed brain
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 11, 2017
Jchi9876:

Ode. His country my country Oponu with recessed brain
U need to format ur brain, cos ryt now, that brain is useless jux like ur anus.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Jchi9876: 2:30pm On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

U need to format ur brain, cos ryt now, that brain is useless jux like ur anus.

These Nigerian secondary school students, is this how you will write WAEC or whatever you people call it and expect to pass?
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 11, 2017
Jchi9876:

These Nigerian secondary school students, is this how you will write WAEC or whatever you people call it and expect to pass?
And you think your spoken English is better. F ool! Go fvck yourself. Stu pid goat like you.
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Jchi9876: 2:58pm On May 11, 2017
beamtopola:

And you think your spoken English is better. F ool! Go fvck yourself. Stupid goat like you.

I achieved my aim you wrote something readable I only corrected a word and left your curse word.

Yes Sir! Way better but you will get there cheesy
Re: Donald Trump Sacks James Comey Director Of Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
Jchi9876:

I achieved my aim you wrote something readable I only corrected a word and left your curse word.

Yes Sir! Way better but you will get there cheesy

Way better, but..... correction. He tht claims to know something when he knows not is a fool.

You leave your country president tht is leading d country into recession to criticized another country president, who is booming the economy of his country.
It is only criminals( illegal immigrant) and muslim tht hate Trump. It is either you are of tht.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Sudan Officers Sentenced To Death For Killing Protesters / CNN Says Israel May Have "Rearranged" Weapons At Al-shifa / Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.