Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,050 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

I Want To Change My Nationality - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Change My Nationality (6256 Views)

What Is Your Nationality? / What Do I Say My Nationality Is? / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Change My Nationality by nwadinma(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2010
SERIOUSLY I WANT TO BECOME A CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY THAT HAS A SYSTEM THAT WORKS.
I WISH ONE IS GIVEN THE RIGHT TO CHOSE WERE ONE WANTS TO CALL COUNTRY AND U CAN CHANGE WHENEVER U WANT.

FORGET EUROPE AND AMERICA O, I NO GET BIG EYE. BUT DON'T SUGGEST IMPOVERISHED AND WAR TORN AFRICAN COUNTRY EITHER.

I DON'T WANT TO BE A NIGERIAN ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by niceguy10: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2010
Good, why cant you change your Nationality to Yemen or lraq? Ye ye man.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by Tcrack(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2010
Fortunately or unfortunately, you were born a Nigerian and there is nothing you can do about it because even if you change it '"on paper", you will still remain a Nigerian. You can try any of the caribbean contries sha. I hear their citizenship is not so hard. GOOD LUCK
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by dancewith: 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2010
No need to change Nationality. It may be hard today, but like the saying goes 'There is light at the end of the tunnel'. Someday soon, it won't be like this
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by july123(m): 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2010
nwadinma:

I WISH ONE IS GIVEN THE RIGHT TO CHOSE WERE ONE WANTS TO CALL COUNTRY AND U CAN CHANGE WHENEVER U WANT.

FORGET EUROPE AND AMERICA O, I NO GET BIG EYE. BUT DON'T SUGGEST IMPOVERISHED AND WAR TORN AFRICAN COUNTRY EITHER.

As the the saying goes,the leopard cannot change its spot.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by niceguy10: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2010
Fleken or what, you may call me what ever you want but the fact is that i am far better than you, you are just a 419 looking to take from innocent people. Ye ye man.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by philip0906(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2010
@nice-guy
y d violence? grin ;Dtake am easy na tongue
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
OMO IBO:

Hahahahahahahha
Thats a good one.

Happy new year ese!
grin grin grin, how is this new yr treating u? U want to change nationality too? grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2010
I'm good. Very good.

New year started on a good note. Hope it continues.

I contemplated changing my nationality but thought against it. I'm good man!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by MAYOWAAK: 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
THERE ARE THREE(3) THINGS IN LIFE YOU CANNOT DETERMINE AND THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS:YOUR GENDER,THE FAMILY YOU WERE BORN INTO AND YOUR NATIONALITY.

MY CANDID ADVICE TO YOU IS TO STOP CRYING OVER SPILLED MILK.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by mrofficial(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
If you're a ibo gal, you can start calling yourself a biafrian.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by princekevo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
dancewith:

No need to change Nationality. It may be hard today, but like the saying goes 'There is light at the end of the tunnel'. Someday soon, it won't be like this

Are you Nigerians not yet tired of this saying Sef, or does it mean that the tunnels in Nigeria does not have an end?
My sister i feel you. Infact at the moment, common Togo have integrity more than us, so if you accept their citizenship no one would blame you. CARRY GO!!!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by aieromon(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
You have the right to seek citizenship elsewhere if you're not satisfied with the one bestowed upon you by birth.
It's a free world.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by whiteroses(f): 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
what counrty is on your mind, i'd suggest botswana they are doing pretty well, if you dont like africa and dont want to be a minority then i suggest JAMAICA!
*singing*jamica we have a bobsled team: SANKA! sanka you dead? Yeah mon grin
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by mrofficial(m): 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
whiteroses:

what counrty is on your mind, i'd suggest botswana they are doing pretty well, if you dont like africa and dont want to be a minority then i suggest JAMAICA!

your profile pic no bad shaa.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by frgy1: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
mr.official:

If you're a ibo gal, you can start calling yourself a biafrian.
no long thing at all.u no need go anywhere. and i think ur ID suggest u r 1 by default.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by bisiaet: 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2010
Are u ok with ur mind? Dont change only ur nationalty pls change ur colour as well and I will suggest to u to change to Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan or Pakistan so that u will enjoy all ur dream of ok.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by koolchicco: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Poster

Mission "Imposicant"!!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by mendax: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
@poster, may Be your topic should have read: I WANT TO LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!!

Most countries u'll run to, even if they giv u citizenship, u'll still remain a second class citizen with certain shortcomings etc. I understand your frustrations sha!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by Ajike: 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2010
mendax , Most countries u'll run to, even if they giv u citizenship, u'll still remain a second class citizen with certain shortcomings etc. I understand your frustrations sha!

And who told you, you can not be a second class citizen in this country, go and ask HND holders in financial sectors, ask civilians in the hands of military man, u will know that u dont have to cross border b4 u be second hand citizen in your 'father land' shioor! shameless country
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by mendax: 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
@nice-guy10,

first I must tell u that there is nothing nice abt your posts on this thread. 2ndly, I'm sure it's because of ppl like u that the poster wants to run away frm the country. If u can't b helpful to the prob, u'll just run along distracting other ppl frm it. That's exactly part of our prob in the country now
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by mendax: 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ajike, agreed that u could b a second class or even 3rd class citizen in 9ja. But that doesn't apply here only. Most countries there is a class of ppl that could aspire to get to the top. But, potentially with sum kind of miracle u could reach the top in ur country of birth.

For example, I think there are few countries ( if any ) that u could become a president if u naturalized!

Let's just hop things get better
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by Dammyray(m): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2010
whiteroses:

Lol, Walter guan
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by chidyke77(m): 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
you can do as you wish
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by nwadinma(f): 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
RIP PRESIDENT YAR'ADUA. AFTER THE MARCH TOMORROW, WE HOPE FOLKS LIKE AANDOAKAA, DORA AND THE REST OF FEC WILL BE ARRESTED AND MADE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE MANY LIES THEY TOLD NIGERIANS.

AND THE FACT THAT DEAD YAR'ADUA DID NOT SIGN THE BUDGET.

I STILL WANT TO CHANGE NATIONALITY.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by whiteroses(f): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
nwadinma:

RIP PRESIDENT YAR'ADUA. AFTER THE MARCH TOMORROW, WE HOPE FOLKS LIKE AANDOAKAA, DORA AND THE REST OF FEC WILL BE ARRESTED AND MADE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE MANY LIES THEY TOLD NIGERIANS.

AND THE FACT THAT DEAD YAR'ADUA DID NOT SIGN THE BUDGET.

I STILL WANT TO CHANGE NATIONALITY.
yes especially that flat foot dora, she dey too clever so everything she had to say were lies cooked and seasoned by her kmt!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by MrCrackles(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
nwadinma:

Sorry dude. . . Too late
Go away with your miserable green passport. . .That is if you even have any!!!! grin
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by londoner: 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2010
Who is stopping you? People change nationality all the time, lol

Most Nigerians who talk about not wanting to be Nigerian, only want to move to a country where the citizens have already done the hard work, which they will come and enjoy without soiling their fingers first, ie reaping where they have not sown, lol

Nigeria is a very frustrating place though.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by monkeyleg: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
Those people made thier country desirable by working for thier country. What have you done for Nigeria lately? If you dont stand up for change you will forever be stock with a country like Nigeria. Start by supporting the protest march in Abuja on Tuesday.

You only need to read history to find out that US and the UK were not always as nice as it is now, they were times people in the UK were refered to as Barbarians, they beheaded thier queens and kings, burnt witches to stakes, didnt have toilets as you know then today, and by the way thier kings sometimes died from STD. So you see, it has not always been plain sailing, but they worked hard to change things and that is what we have to do now.
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by dramaquin: 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ poster, i have to say am with u on this one o! cool

wont mind if i could naturalise to, (still considering some options)

jamaica sounds good! grin

naija is just from one wahala to d other, d dark tunnel is soooooooooo long!
Re: I Want To Change My Nationality by londoner: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
People just talk for talking sake, Jamaica? Dont you know that Jamaica is the Nigeria of the Carribean? Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Nice And Recognised Universities Outside London / To Make A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official, Call Any Of These Phone Numbers / Cost Of Living In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.