Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA (18338 Views)

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant / Buyers Of Onions And Tomatoes In Bulk Let's Meet Here / Tomato Scarcity Beckons As Tomato Pest, Tuta Absoluta, Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by Adeoba10(m): 12:46pm On May 11, 2017
Due to the previous experience, I think the FG will know how to prevent and curb such situation....
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by 4rty(f): 12:46pm On May 11, 2017
Pls don't tell me we r going back to 4 tomatoes 500naira..Hmmmm God forbid bad thing

1 Like

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by Ipfreely: 12:49pm On May 11, 2017
dolphinife:

You mean the government is in charge of farming??

To whom brain is given, sense is expected

SMH. So quick to denigrate opinions without actually thinking about the subject matter. Besides the Political tinge the poster added to his piece, yes, the Government does have a significant role in farming, especially in this case. Tuta absoluta is a particularly persistent pest. In other parts of the world it's taken Genetically Modified seeds to beat the outbreaks and subsequent devastation.

I certainly hope you see now where the Government may have to come in.

Be enlightened.

3 Likes

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by project4OO: 12:51pm On May 11, 2017
Just yesterday, we learnt that South Africans already have deployed drones on their farm lands.

Nigeria has a long way to go. There should be a better way to arrest these pests.

1 Like

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by fineboynl(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2017
dolphinife:

You mean the government is in charge of farming??

To whom brain is given, sense is expected
to provide chemical and seeds. what about the money spent on agriculture yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by kjhova(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2017
fineboynl:
this government failed in all ramification. we never had this really bad like this. agriculture was boom in last administration. you never know the value of what you have until you lose them. no more jellof rice and stew

Outbreak of tuta absoluta..."this government" failed...where is the correllation in there?

"We never had it really bad like this"...oh yea? Is that fact or emotional outburst?

Is there a time in the history of man when pestilience has not been a major threat to agriculture? Or is there a time that in conjunction with the IITA and international partners the government will not be able to contain this attack before it becomes epidemic?

Did you hear that the outbreak is presently confined to 3 LGAs in Gombe? Are you aware that agriculture is a concurrent item and that the states have more say in thier territory than the federal government?

Are you even aware that AFAN (All Farmers Association of Nigerian) are at the forefront of containing this new outbreak and are working in tandem with the MoA to ship in the required agro-chemicals to prevent full blown outbreak?

Educate yourself, it is the best solution to ignorance and hate.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by soil9: 12:59pm On May 11, 2017
Islie:

Tomato pest destroys crops in 3 local governments of Gombe state

https://www.naij.com/1104066-tomato-pest-destroys-crops-3-local-governments-gombe-state.html

Bayer cropscience has an innovative solution to Tuta absoluta. it is a product call TIHAN which is distributed by jubaili agrotec. send an email to technical.abuja@jubailiagrotec.com for more detail
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by SonOfJames: 1:03pm On May 11, 2017
No wonder I bought expensive tomatoes on Monday. I thought they said they invited some expert to help out when it (tuta absoluta) first broke out. Now we gonna experience it again. 2019 should just come abeg, I'm tired of this ineffectual APC led administration.

2 Likes

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by rhektor(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2017
fineboynl:
this government failed in all ramification. we never had this really bad like this. agriculture was boom in last administration. you never know the value of what you have until you lose them. no more jellof rice and stew

In your own word thus government brought Tuta Absoluta?
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by robotix: 1:22pm On May 11, 2017
blackboy:
My wife got back from the market and said a basket of tomatoes now goes for like N12k!!! Something she bought like N3ksome months back.
God have mercy
I knew it. Last time I bought I send it had drastically reduced in quantity.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by MXrep: 1:55pm On May 11, 2017
Tomato scarcity started since February, same with last year

1 Like

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by oladiran2(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2017
Green house farming is the only way to put the tuta issue in check.

1 Like

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by xcolanto(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2017
The plagues that hit Egypt when the Israelites where asking to be set free from pharo are coming through to hit Nigeria as the biafrains ask to be set free from buhari. Coincidence or mere superstition grin
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by guysis(m): 2:55pm On May 11, 2017
Pavore9:
It is brewing and we will be caught "unaware"! angry
Even maize plant currently is ravaged by some strange pest here in the south.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by delphia(m): 3:13pm On May 11, 2017
There is currently only one chemical in the Nigerian market that totally controls infestation by Tuta absoluta. AMPLIGO by Swiss chemical giant - Syngenta. It is available in the market.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by delphia(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2017
guysis:

Even maize plant currently is ravaged by some strange pest here in the south.

I guess it is the [i][fall army worm/i]?
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by TeamSimple(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2017
dolphinife:

Tot you all says the north are parasites??

Ordinary tomatoes, you all have started shitting in pants
Lol.. You sef see am.. You see my southern brothers and sisters Ehn, just don't take them serious.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by chloride6: 3:38pm On May 11, 2017
TeamSimple:

Lol.. You sef see am.. You see my southern brothers and sisters Ehn, just don't take them serious.

If A.boki's weren't so useless to themselves and the country at large, the comparative advantage they possess wouldn't be there. They work for incredibly stupid wages that people down to South can't, hence the dominance in farming. The Sad implication is that they are ruining themselves and everyone as well.

Aboki that can dig well for 20k. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 11, 2017
fineboynl:
Tin tomatoes dey na even banga soup is an alternative
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by guysis(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2017
delphia:

I guess it is the [i][fall army worm/i]?
Maybe that's the name.The pest is caterpillar like in nature.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by RAMBO10: 4:07pm On May 11, 2017
I TOT U GUYS SAID D NORTH ARE PARASITES.AND AM HERE MAKING 4 days stew with just 100 naira tomato
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by slim147(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2017
Instead make u just shut up . You dey disgrace your sef thinking you are making sense now. Whoever sold u this brain, go give it back and exchange it for a dog brain or just get a refund sir

quote author=kjhova post=56418959]

Outbreak of tuta absoluta..."this government" failed...where is the correllation in there?

"We never had it really bad like this"...oh yea? Is that fact or emotional outburst?

Is there a time in the history of man when pestilience has not been a major threat to agriculture? Or is there a time that in conjunction with the IITA and international partners the government will not be able to contain this attack before it becomes epidemic?

Did you hear that the outbreak is presently confined to 3 LGAs in Gombe? Are you aware that agriculture is a concurrent item and that the states have more say in thier territory than the federal government?

Are you even aware that AFAN (All Farmers Association of Nigerian) are at the forefront of containing this new outbreak and are working in tandem with the MoA to ship in the required agro-chemicals to prevent full blown outbreak?

Educate yourself, it is the best solution to ignorance and hate. [/quote]
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by TeamSimple(m): 4:43pm On May 11, 2017
chloride6:

If A.boki's weren't so useless to themselves and the country at large, the comparative advantage they possess wouldn't be there. They work for incredibly stupid wages that people down to South can't, hence the dominance in farming. The Sad implication is that they are ruining themselves and everyone as well.

Aboki that can dig well for 20k. Nonsense
You just quote the wrong person
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by kjhova(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2017
slim147:
Instead make u just shut up . You dey disgrace your sef thinking you are making sense now. Whoever sold u this brain, go give it back and exchange it for a dog brain or just get a refund sir

If this is all you have in you to say, I apologise sincerely for engaging you on this matter.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by dimmikel: 5:50pm On May 11, 2017
Govt advised dat we should stop lookin at oil but agriculture. Individuals dat av invested their time and money to plant tomato are now bin faced by tuta absoluta. Scarcity of tomato will definitely lead to increase in price. Only the masses bear this burden
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by delphia(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2017
guysis:
Maybe that's the name.The pest is caterpillar like in nature.

Exactly. Greenish-black in colour
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by soil9: 7:36pm On May 11, 2017
delphia:
There is currently only one chemical in the Nigerian market that totally controls infestation by Tuta absoluta. AMPLIGO by Swiss chemical giant - Syngenta. It is available in the market.
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by millhouse: 8:42pm On May 11, 2017
Where is young modulus?
Re: Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA by babapressy(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2017
Its time to start planting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! / Buy your Greenhouse structures from Agroblessing Global / Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.