Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:33 AM

Top 10 Secrets Of The Most Successful Billionaires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Secrets Of The Most Successful Billionaires (445 Views)

World Billionaires Get Poorer, Lose A Staggering $388bn - Report / Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. / Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Secrets Of The Most Successful Billionaires by Papzey(f): 2:19pm On May 11, 2017
Expert who has interviewed billionaires reveal secrets to their success and they're very simple

Vikas Shah, a Professor of Entrepreneurship who has interviewed the likes of Sir Richard Branson, Sir James Dyson, and Steve Ballmer, and others reveals their simple secrets.

Their secret formula is captured in these ten points and unsurprisingly, passion is a vital ingredient. These people set out to pursue something they love doing and make a change without intending to make crazy money in the first place. Below is the Top 10 Secrets Of The Most Successful Billionaires:

1. Find your passion: The vast majority of people who have made their billions didn’t intend to make that money; they found something they were unbelievably passionate about, and made it their life. It just so happened their timing was perfect, and it became a huge wealth generator – but that passion was the starting point.

2. Be resilient: The overwhelming majority of billionaires I’ve met advise me that you have be resilient. You have to be able to get back up after the knocks, you have to be prepared to fail and to embrace that, and you have to be prepared to operate outside the comfort zone of your normal life.

3. Don’t chase wealth: Without exception, every single billionaire I’ve met has told me that starting a business for them was never about the money – it was about making a big change in the world, whether that’s revolutionizing technology, solving a problem, improving lives, or creating something. That was the driver.

4. Look after your health: It’s a common mistake to think that these individuals are working 23.5 hours a day. The overwhelming majority of billionaires I know are extremely committed to their health - they sleep well, eat well, take breaks, and make sure they are in peak-performance (otherwise they can’t lead).

This isn’t just a ‘nice perk of being rich,’ but rather something that’s been an important part of their lives from the start.

5. Think about how you can help people: One inspiring characteristic of all the billionaires I’ve met has been a deep sense of philanthropy (which has often been with them from the start of their journeys).

Most have been committed to changing lives in a positive way, and have applied their contacts and skills to helping charities at a community level initially, and then as they grow, in a wider sense through their foundations. More than a few have told me that they feel this is a ‘moral imperative’.

Read the other 5 here: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2016/12/top-10-secrets-of-most-successful-billionaires.html

(1) (Reply)

12 Success Secrets Of America's Self Made Tycoon / Bring Back Our Market,says Sabo Market Seller / Train, Educate, Practice And Empower Yoursellf Through Video Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.