Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? (619 Views)

Essential Items You Should Have In Your Car Emergency Kit This Christmas Season / Innoson Unveils Tricycle Ambulance For Quick Emergency Response / Traffic Jam Robbers: How They Operate And How To Prevent Being A Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:46pm On May 11, 2017
Have you ever been out late at night, leave your car, only to come back to a flat tyre? To make matters worse, you have no spare sad

Have you ever been out and your car refused to start when it's time to go back home cause your battery is dead? Maybe u forgot a small light on, or maybe the battery is just close to dead.

Have you ever been out and blown a radiator hose? With all your coolant sprayed across the road?

In these situations you would wish that you were well prepared.

In my kit, I have a spare tyre, work tools (spanners n Co), jumper cables, 12V electric car pump and regular c caution.

A tow truck could be expensive costing you as much as 30k depending on where you are going to. So being able to sort your self out and get back on the road in no time can save your wallet big time.

I remember when I blew a radiator hose, I was very grateful I had my pliers with me. Though it took me more than 3 hours to get back home instead of 20mins,since I had to cool the car down twice as it blew twice, at least I saved money by avoiding a tow.

Another time, I came out to meet a flat tyre. Since I was already dressed and didn't want to get my hands dirty, I simply pulled out my 12V air compressor. 10mins later and I was on the road. A real time and back saver.

As far as jumper cables go, it's very difficult finding a car donor as most people may decline your request. It still pays to have one as eventually, a good samaritan will help you by using his car to jump yours. A better solution though, would be to have a portable battery jump starter that is always charged. That way, you don't have to beg strangers for a jump, while they look at you like a common criminal. You can simple reach for your portable jumper, put it on, connect to your batteries and you're back on the road.

Are you prepared Don't be stranded, alone in the dark, especially when it's just a simple or common problem.
Re: What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? by demiladegold(f): 5:54pm On May 11, 2017
I'll come back when I buy a car
Re: What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? by thesicilian: 6:18pm On May 11, 2017
My ATM card

5 Likes

Re: What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:15pm On May 11, 2017
thesicilian:
My ATM card

Lol, as per, you can just pay for the tow truck bah

grin
Re: What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded? by dokiOloye(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2017
thesicilian:
My ATM card
better if it is raw cash.
U could even flag down a passenger vehicle, d driver will discharge his passengers there and then and tow Ur car for U.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Your Vehicle Tracking System? / Call Me For Clearing Of Ur Cars Or Goods In Nigeria / Sinotruk Hohan、howo、hangzhou Forklift And Spare Parts' Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.