Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley (563 Views)

Meet Bob Actor 'Calypso King' Singer Who Dressed As A Woman Even Before Bobrisky / See Bob Risky's Racy Bikini Outfit,fans React;"what Are You Hiding?" / Wizkid Chillls With Damian Marley, Bob Marley's Son (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley by IratzsMicheal(m): 6:59pm On May 11, 2017
Rarely does one individual impact the world so much that nearly four decades after his death, he continues to influence several generations after him.

Marley, a reggae singer from Jamaica, was and will always be extremely renowned, not only for his music but the soul and passion with which he did deliver his songs.

Today marks the day that one of the greats of music, Bob Marley passed on. He died at 36 in Miami, Florida, on May 11, 1981 due to cancer.

Robert Nesta "Bob" Marley, OM (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican singer-songwriter, musician and guitarist who achieved international fame and acclaim, blending mostly reggae, ska and rocksteady in his compositions.

Some Fact About The Music Legend

1. Bob was only twenty one when he married a beautiful Sunday school teacher named Rita. Though married to her until his death, he fathered around twenty kids with other women. He could apparently identify his children because of the way they spoke.

2. He believed that smoking weed makes you free.

3. May 11 is now globally recognized as Bob Marley’s Day. A day observed by playing only the songs of the reggae maestro and showcasing the Rastafarian root culture

4. His final words to his son Ziggy before he died of cancer at the age of 36 were “Money can’t buy life.”

5. He was raised Catholic, but converted to Rastafari in the 1960’s.

6. In 1976 A few days before the Smile Jamaica Concert, a gunman broke into Bob’s house and shot him in the arm. Bob still performed at the concert not wanting to give the gunman the benefit of the doubt. The gunman is still unknown.
[url]
http://newscantell..com.ng/2017/05/may-11-36-years-rememebrance-of-bob.html[/url]

Re: May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley by Franzinni: 7:03pm On May 11, 2017
African shrine loading..... I am gonna get STONED... If police stop me I will tell him it is Marley day and every body is mandated to get high....
Re: May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 11, 2017
Franzinni:
African shrine loading..... I am gonna get STONED... If police stop me I will tell him it is Marley day and every body is mandated to get high....
no go park under trailer sha...
ol' pirates, yea they rob i
sold i to the merchant ships
minutes after they took i
from tha bottomless pits,
...but my hand was made strung
by the hands of the Almighty,
we forward in this generation
triumphantly
wont u help mi sing...
Re: May 11: 36 Years Rememebrance Of Bob Marley by Franzinni: 7:37pm On May 11, 2017
ztapi:

no go park under trailer sha...
ol' pirates, yea they rob i
sold i to the merchant ships
minutes after they took i
from tha bottomless pits,
...but my hand was made strung
by the hands of the Almighty,
we forward in this generation
triumphantly
wont u help mi sing...

Burn the light up ina. The air..
Blaze up for it a set. You free pon. The mountain top..

Bless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fuji Star Malaika, Narrowly Escaped Death In An Auto Crash / Billboard Music Awards: Nigerian Singer, Wizkid Bags Three Awards [FULL LIST] / Davido Sends Boy Who Sang His Song “IF” To School (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.