Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,220 members, 7,880,809 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (8491 Views)

Warning!!! Not All Beautiful Faces And Beautiful Down Their / Big, Bold And Beautiful Women Stun In Swimsuits / Tag The Cutest And Beautiful Male And Female Niaralander You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by fanficgirl(f): 9:49am On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

No ma'am, Ghanaian.
Then why don't you believe me?
Re: . by LePrezident(m): 10:16am On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

Then why don't you believe me?

Cos I've been to Ethiopia several times and over and all what the OP listed there is so false. And he says he sees them online denigrating darker-skinned people? Puhlease, how many Ethiopians are able to come online considering they have a very strict telecoms regime which is very state-controlled. And those who are able to who are mostly in the diaspora have no reason to denigrate a darker skin. There are even a sect of Ethiopians who are probably even way darker than you. I wonder what sort of twisted imagination would lead one to write that thing the OP wrote. And HRM Emperor Haile Selassie never considered himself a negro?? If he didn't consider himself a negro, what then did he consider himself? A Caucasian? If he didn't consider himself a negro, would he together with Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and other African leaders in the early 60's agree to site the OAU (now AU) headquarters in Addis Ababa?

What is the motivation for spewing distorted info online?
Re: . by fanficgirl(f): 10:28am On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

Cos I've been to Ethiopia several times and over and all what the OP listed there is so false. And he says he sees them online denigrating darker-skinned people? Puhlease, how many Ethiopians are able to come online considering they have a very strict telecoms regime which is very state-controlled. And those who are able to who are mostly in the diaspora have no reason to denigrate a darker skin. There are even a sect of Ethiopians who are probably even way darker than you. I wonder what sort of twisted imagination would lead one to write that thing the OP wrote. And HRM Emperor Haile Selassie never considered himself a negro?? If he didn't consider himself a negro, what then did he consider himself? A Caucasian? If he didn't consider himself a negro, would he together with Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and other African leaders in the early 60's agree to site the OAU (now AU) headquarters in Addis Ababa?

It's common knowledge Ethiopian emperors like Menelik and Selassie didn't see themselves as black. They saw themselves as semitic, which actual Ethiopians have confirmed on here. Just read their responses to Hati Menelik post.
Are you really saying no tribalism exists in Ethiopia? Many Ethiopians have exposed how Selassie has done attrocious things, like owning 20,000 slaves.
Re: . by Jaqenhghar: 10:36am On May 28, 2017
SafeDavid:

There are lots of them on this Forum...Usually have racist tendency towards black Africans . They believe that are Arabs...

Uknown to them is the fact that even Yorubas are Arab Metros who migrated from the middle east.
In case you havent noticed, Some of the most hateful and racist comments on this forum are from Nigerians
Re: . by Fidelismaria: 10:36am On May 28, 2017
undecided
Re: . by LePrezident(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

It's common knowledge Ethiopian emperors like Menelik and Selassie didn't see themselves as black. They saw themselves as semitic, which actual Ethiopians have confirmed on here. Just read their responses to Hati Menelik post.
Are you really saying no tribalism exists in Ethiopia? Many Ethiopians have exposed how Selassie has done attrocious things, like owning 20,000 slaves.

Alright.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:42am On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

Cos I've been to Ethiopia several times and over and all what the OP listed there is so false. And he says he sees them online denigrating darker-skinned people? Puhlease, how many Ethiopians are able to come online considering they have a very strict telecoms regime which is very state-controlled. And those who are able to who are mostly in the diaspora have no reason to denigrate a darker skin. There are even a sect of Ethiopians who are probably even way darker than you. I wonder what sort of twisted imagination would lead one to write that thing the OP wrote. And HRM Haile Selassie never considered himself a negro?? If he didn't consider himself a negro, what then did he consider himself? A Caucasian? If he didn't consider himself a negro, would he together with Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and other African leaders agree to site the OAU (now AU) headquarters in Addis Ababa?

Ethiopians do have a superiority complex though. IMO, they're just good pretenders. It is also true that they look down on others. With them & Somalis, it's all about the hair. They feel they're better than other Africans because of hair. There's a lot of them in my flat. I've befriended one called Fikir. The most interesting & annoying thing is, she once told me that she likes me because I don't look like "other blacks". Which kinda confirmed my suspicions that they don't consider themselves black. Another thing about them is, the light ones feel they're much better than the dark ones. They don't even socialize together. There's a name they call their much darker compatriots, I just can't recall it now. I heard that one from a guy called Mishu. Ethiopians are racist lol, don't be fooled by the fake niceness.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:22am On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

[/b]Cos I've been to Ethiopia several times and over and all what the OP listed there is so false.[b] And he says he sees them online denigrating darker-skinned people? Puhlease, how many Ethiopians are able to come online considering they have a very strict telecoms regime which is very state-controlled. And those who are able to who are mostly in the diaspora have no reason to denigrate a darker skin. There are even a sect of Ethiopians who are probably even way darker than you. I wonder what sort of twisted imagination would lead one to write that thing the OP wrote. And HRM Emperor Haile Selassie never considered himself a negro?? If he didn't consider himself a negro, what then did he consider himself? A Caucasian? If he didn't consider himself a negro, would he together with Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and other African leaders in the early 60's agree to site the OAU (now AU) headquarters in Addis Ababa?

What is your problem? Which statement I posted is a lie?

And to prove you wrong, emperor Haile Selassie didn't considered himself to be black. When Marcus Gravely(the man who wrote the prophecy of the future Rastafarian religion) visited Britain during WWII to talk with the exiled Haile Selassie, but Haile Selassie refused to talk to him, because he was a black.
Re: . by LePrezident(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

[s]What is your problem? Which statement I posted is a lie?

And to prove you wrong, emperor Haile Selassie didn't considered himself to be black. When Marcus Gravely(the man who wrote the prophecy of the future Rastafarian religion) visited Britain during WWII to talk with the exiled Haile Selassie, but Haile Selassie refused to talk to him, because he was a black.[/s]

K.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:39am On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

K.
Sign of confusion. undecided
Re: . by LePrezident(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

Sign of confusion. undecided

Je n'ai pas le temps pour toi.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 28, 2017
LePrezident:

Je n'ai pas le temps pour toi.
I don't know if you are insulting me or not, but it's okay with me.

Cheers! smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 28, 2017
ZarZar:

Ethiopians do have a superiority complex though. IMO, they're just good pretenders. It is also true that they look down on others. With them & Somalis, it's all about the hair. They feel they're better than other Africans because of hair. There's a lot of them in my flat. I've befriended one called Fikir. The most interesting & annoying thing is, she once told me that she likes me because I don't look like "other blacks". Which kinda confirmed my suspicions that they don't consider themselves black. Another thing about them is, the light ones feel they're much better than the dark ones. They don't even socialize together. There's a name they call their much darker compatriots, I just can't recall it now. I heard that one from a guy called Mishu. Ethiopians are racist lol, don't be fooled by the fake niceness.
Sister, we don't pretend to be nice with our fellow Africans. Yes, their is certain level of racism, but we aren't exceptional. Is there no racism in Nigeria? Yes, there is. Every single ethnic groups throughout the world are racist. But it needs to be eradicated. But the racism in Ethiopia isn't like it's exaggerated on online. Come here and see if you want, we are very tolerant to our African brothers and sisters.

To prove you wrong, every light and black skinned Ethiopians socialize. No one feels superior or down. Those who feels superior are the racist ones.

When my father was alive, whenever someone negatively comments about other Africans, my father will be very angry and he will educate us not to have this kind of attitudes towards our fellow Africans brothers and sisters. He tell us to be proud of our Africanness and blackness. He loved Africans to death. He was a man of true principles.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 28, 2017
Ethiopia my Ethiopia.
I love that country so much,rich culture,beautiful and nice people.I look forward to visiting Ethiopia someday

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

Sister, we don't pretend to be nice with our fellow Africans. Yes, their is certain level of racism, but we aren't exceptional. Is there no racism in Nigeria? Yes, there is. Every single ethnic groups throughout the world are racist. But it needs to be eradicated. But the racism in Ethiopia isn't like it's exaggerated on online. Come here and see if you want, we are very tolerant to our African brothers and sisters.

To prove you wrong, every light and black skinned Ethiopians socialize. No one feels superior or down. Those who feels superior are the racist ones.

When my father was alive, whenever someone negatively comments about other Africans, my father will be very angry and he will educate us not to have this kind of attitudes towards our fellow Africans brothers and sisters. He tell us to be proud of our Africanness and blackness. He loved Africans to death. He was a man of true principles.

Not to sound rude but TBH, I don't care if an Ethiopian loves other Africans genuinely or not. The point I was trying to make is, there is haughtiness with some Ethiopians, that they try to hide behind a smile. I'm very observant of people & most Ethiopians do struck me as being "fakes nice". Not sure if it's because they're afraid to show their true colours because they're in a different country (South Africa. We don't play that) or if it's because they're afraid of the consequences. I honestly would love to see how they are in their natural environment, so I can draw a solid conclusion. So far, personally, I interact with them on their terms. If they're nice, I'm nice back. If they're haughty & aloof, I return the favour. I've noticed that the majority are kinda lowkey & like to keep to themselves, which again, I'm nother sure if it's because they're in a different country or if that's the Ethiopian way. All I'll say about them is, well played. Because they're not the notice-me type, they're preferred over the annoying Somalis whom most people here dislike because of their inconsideration of others.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 28, 2017
ZarZar:

Not to sound rude but TBH, I don't care if an Ethiopian loves other Africans genuinely or not. The point I was trying to make is, there is haughtiness with some Ethiopians, that they try to hide behind a smile. I'm very observant of people & most Ethiopians do struck me as being "fakes nice". Not sure if it's because they're afraid to show their true colours because they're in another country or because they're afraid of the consequences. I'd love to see how they are in their natural environment though, but so far, personally, I interact with them on their terms. If they're nice, I'm nice back. If they're haughty & aloof, I return the favour. I've noticed that the majority are kinda lowkey & like to keep to themselves, which again, I'm nother sure if it's because they're in a different country or if that's the Ethiopian way.
I try to tell you the positive side, but you don't want to hear it.

There are many Ethiopians who faced discrimination by Nigerians and other African countries, but you ignored it and only talk the discrimination other African countries faced. Other African countries are either the same or worse than Ethiopia in terms of racism, but there are also many peoples in every country which aren't racist.

I also don't care if you are discriminated just like you don't care if Ethiopians are discriminated.

Bedatam!
Re: . by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 28, 2017
yea nice pics.but i love me a lady with hips and bumbum wink wink wink wink wink
so when i am hugging her i can hold on to something wink
Re: . by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 28, 2017
lefulefu:
yea nice pics.but i love me a lady with hips and bumbum wink wink wink wink wink
so when i am hugging her i can hold on to something wink
Not a good motive.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

I try to tell you the positive side, but you don't want to hear it.

There are many Ethiopians who faced discrimination by Nigerians and other African countries, but you ignored it and only talk the discrimination other African countries faced. Other African countries are either the same or worse than Ethiopia in terms of racism, but there are also many peoples in every country which aren't racist.

I also don't care if you are discriminated just like you don't care if Ethiopians are discriminated.

Bedatam!

The point I was trying to make just flew over your head. You seem to be a selective reader. I said, Ethiopians act cordial with others, which sometimes make you question if they're really who they're trying to make themselves out to be. They don't straight out discriminate against other people but they do discriminate each other. Hence I called them "fakes nice". So I'm not sure where you get that Ethiopians are discriminated against in my post.

Just like you had the freedom to state your point of view about your people, I'm also entitled to say my own based on my observation & my own personal experience, not hearsay. But what I'm getting from the tone of your post is, you expect me to take your word for it even though I interact with Ethiopians on almost daily basis. See, that is not going to happen because I have 1st hand accounts too, from an outsider's perspective at that. I didn't say they were bad people, just a tad suspicious.

Oh & I still don't care if they like others genuinely or not. It's not a privilege.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by WORLDPEACE(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Black Americans don't have white DNA in them
Black Americans have white DNA. Go and read a book if you can't use the internet to get information. You are making Nigerians look dumb. I hope you are not one.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
ZarZar:

The point I was trying to make just flew over your head. You seem to be a selective reader. I said, Ethiopians act cordial with others, which sometimes make you question if they're really who they're trying to make themselves out to be. They don't straight out discriminate against other people but they do discriminate each other. Hence I called them "fakes nice". So I'm not sure where you get that Ethiopians are discriminated against in my post.

Just like you had the freedom to state your point of view about your people, I'm also entitled to say my own based on my observation & my own personal experience, not hearsay. But what I'm getting from the tone of your post, you expect me to take your word for it even though I interact with Ethiopians on almost daily basis. See, that is not going to happen because I have 1st hand accounts. I didn't say they were bad people, just suspicious.

Oh & I still don't care if they like others genuinely or not. It's not a privilege.
Peace then!
Re: . by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

Peace then!

Groovy.
Re: . by vladhillz(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:
Who needs western clothing, wear like the classic Afar males.
damn..yur ladies are really beautiful..can I come over and marry one?hope dey aren't like nigerian girls in d bad perspective
Re: . by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
vladhillz:
damn..yur ladies are really beautiful..can I come over and marry one?hope dey aren't like nigerian girls in d bad perspective
Visit Ethiopia
Re: . by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 29, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
Ethiopia my Ethiopia.
I love that country so much,rich culture,beautiful and nice people.I look forward to visiting Ethiopia someday

eeeyaaa.

So u want go experience garbage slide...... cheesy
country wen u never go u don dey tuo ya aha like this....take it easy. soon enough u will get there and start asking "is this Ethiopia or am I in Ugbogiobo?"
Re: . by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 29, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

eeeyaaa.

country wen u never go u don dey tuo ya aha like this....take it easy. soon enough u will get there and start asking "is this Ethiopia or am I in Ugbogiobo?"
Why the negative comment?
If you hate Ethiopia, it doesn't mean other also must hate it.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 29, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

eeeyaaa.

I'm sure it's better than Nigeria tho
Re: . by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 29, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

Natural beauty wise(mountains and other landscapes), Ethiopia is way better than Nigeria, but in infrastructure wise, Nigeria is way better than Ethiopia.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:04am On May 30, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

ok oooo. I'm sure you haven't visited either for you to be sure of your being sure.... cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 7:05am On May 30, 2017
Hati13:

Why the negative comment?
If you hate Ethiopia, it doesn't mean other also must hate it.

Bedatam!

hate ko... inukwa. I'm sure you wouldn't recognize hate if it smacked you across the face.

this one sabi comprehension at all?

*modified*
Now I see you're the OP. No wonder you pounce like hungry lion. But try to understand what is written next time b4 u jump in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amber Rose Shows Off Her Bushy Vajayjay On IG / Curvy Ugandan Female Musician Goes Topless In Body Paint On IG, / Did I Make A Mistake By Not Collecting This Female Celebrity's Number?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.