Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,627 members, 7,930,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:28 AM

Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) (26825 Views)

Buhari Tells Imolites To Vote Any Candidate Of Their Choice At The State Level / Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Blue3k(m): 2:09am On May 12, 2017
The National Bureau of Statistics Publishes Internally Generated Revenue at State level for January to December 2016.
In this publication, Lagos State recorded the highest Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) figure of N302.42bn in Full Year 2016 and closely followed by Rivers State with N85.29bn while Ebonyi State generated the lowest the Internally Generated Revenue. The State generated N2.34bn.

However, Anambra state is yet to report its Full Year 2016 Internally Generated Revenue figure.

A total of N801.95bn was generated by thirty-five (35) states that have reported their Full Year 2016 Internally Generated Revenue figure and the revenue was generated across the following types – PAYE, Direct Assessment, Road Taxes, Revenue from Ministries, Departments & Agencies and other taxes.

Source link: http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/551

Data source: National Bureau of Statistics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Jetleeee: 2:10am On May 12, 2017
As expected.

No surprises from Lagos and Ogun. One thing I'm so happy for as regards Ogun is the fact that her development is very organic

Good one for Oyo for improving on 2015. Ondo and Osun neither progressing nor regressing.

As for Ekiti, Ponmodele Ponmoyose is their governor. IGR is no big deal over there. Their own IGR is Ponmo and Bokoto

Rivers needs to make her revenue less oil-dependent but good one for her regardless. Delta is regressing. We all saw it coming anyway. I was surprised Ogun caught up so quick tho

I'm impressed with Akwa Ibom but she has the same problem as Rivers

Kano is doing well. Organic development!!

For Kaduna, El rufai's Magic wands seem to be doing wonders

Impressed with some other Northern States as well knowing how much damage Boko haram caused

I never really expected much from the Potopoto hamlets tbh. Enugu that has always been their local yampion regressed so I expect Anambra to topple her

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Thespacepilot: 2:13am On May 12, 2017
I see...Anambara should report themselves... op what about abia state??

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Blue3k(m): 2:16am On May 12, 2017
Thespacepilot:
I see...Anambara should report themselves... op what about abia state??

N12,694,839,539.40

Thespacepilot:

Which south east state has the highest??

Enugu unless Anambra has higher one. Anambra usually does but they haven't published yet.

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by ponziponzi(m): 2:17am On May 12, 2017
Hmmm! Shuku okike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Thespacepilot: 2:18am On May 12, 2017
Blue3k:

N12,694,839,539.40

Is the text too small. I thinking of changing it up. It looks tiny on my phone. I look and see before it makes frono page.

Which south east state has the highest??
Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Blue3k(m): 2:23am On May 12, 2017
Akwa Ibom improving nicely I didn't think it would be as good this year. I guess the oil slump didn't effect the state too negatively in terms of tax generation. They need to cobtinue industrial policy and hurry with port. Then call the insane BPE to order so, ALSCON can get productive.

14.79bn 2015 to 23.27 2016

13 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Pavore9: 2:24am On May 12, 2017
Anambra State is blank!
Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by AjoOfia1: 2:34am On May 12, 2017
[s]
Jetleeee:
As expected.

No surprises from Lagos and Ogun. One thing I'm so happy for as regards Ogun is the fact that her development is very organic

Good one for Oyo for improving on 2015. Ondo and Osun neither progressing nor regressing.

As for Ekiti, Ponmodele Ponmoyose is their governor. IGR is no big deal over there. Their own IGR is Ponmo and Bokoto

Rivers needs to make her revenue less oil-dependent but good one for her regardless. Delta is regressing. We all saw it coming anyway. I was surprised Ogun caught up so quick tho

Impressed with some other Northern States as well knowing how much damage Boko haram caused

[/s]
Nonsense trash
what of osun state land of hunger
abi you no see that one na only ekiti

blady hypocrite grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by HungerBAD: 2:37am On May 12, 2017
AjoOfia1:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash

The problem with people insulting the write ups of others,is that they lack the intelligence to put up a write up themselves.

Write anything. Be it intelligent or unintelligent instead of the insults.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by AjoOfia1: 2:39am On May 12, 2017
idp camps everywhere grin
bunch of hopeless parasites cheesy

let me check the "food basket of the nation" grin

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by AjoOfia1: 2:44am On May 12, 2017
[s]
HungerBAD:

The problem with people insulting the write ups of others,is that they lack the intelligence to put up a write up themselves.

Write anything. Be it intelligent or unintelligent instead of the insults.

[/s]
the problem with people not minding their gaddem business is that they fail to understand the space booking techniques on nairaland hence they won't go back and re-read the modified original post.

go back re-read and be enlightened cool

kiss the truth

9 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Blue3k(m): 2:51am On May 12, 2017
Jetleeee:
As expected.

Delta tax revenue all over the place with revenue. They need to look into that. I agree on points about Akwa Ibom the state needs to continue its industrialization policy and catch up with other SW states like Ogun in terms of manufacturing. Diversification name of game.

Speaking of nothern states I'm watch mining sector because that will be big opportunity in that area.

11 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Jetleeee: 3:01am On May 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Delta tax revenue all over the place with revenue. They need to look into that. I agree on points about Akwa Ibom the state needs to continue its industrialization policy and catch up with other SW states like Ogun in terms of manufacturing. Diversification name of game.

Speaking of nothern states I'm watch mining sector because that will be big opportunity in that area.

Yupp. Although I don't know much about what's going on as regards industrialization over there, I see no reason why Akwa Ibom and Cross River can't create a Lagos-Ogun type of chemistry. The resources to make that happen are available

As per Northern States and mining, I used to follow that school of thought until I realized how much damage it causes on the environment. A mining boom could also cause some militant type of chit in that region. I think they should just leave that aside and invest more in education. That's what El rufai knows and he's executing it well.

Trade and the whole Agric value chain are enough for Northern States to generate revenue.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by ODVanguard: 5:25am On May 12, 2017
Ebonyi finally released her numbers this time around. That state had refused to release her IGR figures for the past 2-years or so. I guess it's coz they're so low.

15 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by KINGwax007(m): 5:37am On May 12, 2017
Lagos,
Rivers
Ogun

LOBATAN!!!!

Proudly Omo Ogun..

31 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by MayorofLagos(m): 5:50am On May 12, 2017
Lagos should increase its IGR.
Allow ipob to come to Lagos and protest but tax each event based on population attending.

Hit like to show appreciation for this idea and share if you think Mayor should be put in charge of billing IPOB for the protest. grin

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by raker300: 6:01am On May 12, 2017
South east in the steady increase.

Although they're still greatly deprived, they still grow

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by raker300: 6:03am On May 12, 2017
Jetleeee:

Continue forming Rambo here

Tomorrow, you'd stand behind my side mirror begging me to buy Gala and Fanyogo from you grin
you that is forming jet li

tomorrow you'll start begging me that you used your money for MMM and can't pay rent

10 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by raker300: 6:05am On May 12, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Lagos should increase its IGR.
Allow ipob to come to Lagos and protest but tax each event based on population attending.

Hit like to show appreciation for this idea and share if you think Mayor should be put in charge of billing IPOB for the protest. grin
south east making money from that nonsense root drink afonjas sell. we tax them, allow them to bring it in and no one buys them.

Hit like for taking afonjas money to not sell their root drinks

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Caseless: 6:07am On May 12, 2017
"Development-bringers" ,
while Ebonyi State generated the lowest the Internally Generated Revenue.

NCAN, Lagos developers, what's going on here?

State checked!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by 989900: 6:12am On May 12, 2017
Lagos, Lagos, everywhere!

17 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Caseless: 6:14am On May 12, 2017
Jetleeee:
As expected.

imagine yobe, borno and even benue that is the epicenter of herdsmen attack.

6 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by Caseless: 6:18am On May 12, 2017
Kwara generated 11 billion? I'm impressed. I'm sure Saraki factor won't allow that to be fully utilized. Chop chop !

4 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by OkutaNla: 6:43am On May 12, 2017
Lagos on point as usual. Ogun showing serious ambition and on track to snatch the number 2 spot. Oyo can do better though did better than the previous year. The remaining SW states need to buckle up. I know they will. Kudos to every state that released their figures and recorded an improvement over the previous years.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) by OkutaNla: 6:43am On May 12, 2017
Dp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gara-Gombe: Aisha Buhari Wanted Amokachi As Sports Minister / Segun Showunmi: Lose Akeredolu If You Will, But Do Not Push Ondo To 1983 / Buhari's Working Visit To Lagos: Places He Will Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.